Brian Daboll is on the hotseat starting TOMORROW

Penfield45

10 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m curious on whether Vegas has odds on if someone beats you to it with their “I’m done with this team and I’m never coming back” thread. 

I wish those people would live up to their promises.

It’s a huge year for both Daboll and Josh. I hope they can relax and just keep making progress. The same is true for McD. He’s still a fairly new HC, and he admits he needs to keep improving. I like what I see in our future. 

If they did mods would take the under and kick them out and collect the money.

3 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

I agree that the jury is still out on Daboll, though it’s fair to say that when Kelvin Benjamin and Zay Jones are your 1 and 2, you have been given little to work with. I actually think Allen has carried Daboll to this point. 

The OC and WR coach who were involved in selection of Zay Jones were canned.  Bad choice of OC and WR.

40 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Why hasn’t this thread died yet?

Because some posters add inept questions.  Thank you for answering your own question.

P.S. if that was supposed to be funny you need to put an enomi in it.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The play worked. The execution is what sucked. Sometimes you have to look on the field not in the booth. That was a good call. 

The play didn’t work. The play works if it is successful or even sets up another play later. I always look on the field first to see if execution was the issue. A coaches number one job is to put their players in a position to succeed. This includes training, practice, plays called, and personnel. Daboll failed by having the wrong personnel running the wrong route. The reason DiMarco was open because the odds favored he couldn’t catch the ball. It’s like leaving a center in basketball open to take the three pointer while you cover the guys who can shoot from the perimeter. 
Look, I got on board having Daboll back. For Josh’s development it could be the best thing. I hope Daboll was limited by personnel and Josh’s development, both things I believe have seen progress. Time to show it.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

The play didn’t work. The play works if it is successful or even sets up another play later. I always look on the field first to see if execution was the issue. A coaches number one job is to put their players in a position to succeed. This includes training, practice, plays called, and personnel. Daboll failed by having the wrong personnel running the wrong route. The reason DiMarco was open because the odds favored he couldn’t catch the ball. It’s like leaving a center in basketball open to take the three pointer while you cover the guys who can shoot from the perimeter. 
Look, I got on board having Daboll back. For Josh’s development it could be the best thing. I hope Daboll was limited by personnel and Josh’s development, both things I believe have seen progress. Time to show it.

DiMarco WASN'T open. That was the point. He was double covered. The play worked because DiMarco and Smith attracted 4 defenders. Josh got impatient and chucked it up into double coverage rather than wait another split second when John Brown finally got free. Brown and Allen were the problem on that play, not Daboll or DiMarco. 

• Like (+1) 1

The line two years ago and receivers last year were not helping. But they were also not reasons why Gore would run for negative yardage down after down forcing Allen to be a hero. Singletary in the same games was unstoppable, but Daboll wouldn’t call it. The regression of Allen’s deep ball I also think has more to do with Daboll than Allen himself. He self neutered the biggest threat the QB had, which made everything else harder since teams didn’t respect it anymore.  New receivers will help here, but only if they call the plays and take the risks. Not hand off to Gore for negative two yards down after down. 

I agree, his excuses are gone. His roster is loaded. Guy can know everything but he needs to make his offense effective and time to shine. 

8 minutes ago, GG said:

Does Allen have flexibility on the play call at the line?   No way should be running this much.  

I’m sure he does as he’s checked in and out of plays in the first half, but most of his running plays have been read options and you literally have to wait til post snap to decide whether to keep it or not.

• Like (+1) 1