Brian Daboll is on the hotseat starting TOMORROW

Penfield45

I kind of agree that it is Dabolls job if the offense doesn't at least finish as a better than average offense. Diggs, Moss, O-line continuity and more experience for Allen are all key reasons why progression is expected from this offense. I don't think this offense has to finish top 5 in the league but top 10 or close is a must.

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

What will the Bills do to Josh Allen if he plateaus or regresses this season?  That's the single most important factor for this team heading into this year, not what goes on with Daboll.  

He’d still get another year to prove himself imo. I think he’d be given a break because this team isn’t going 4-12, regardless of how he plays. It’s easy to keep a mediocre performing QB around when his team is posting winning records, and making playoff appearances. It’s also difficult to just replace a guy. They wouldn’t even begin to look at other options until after the 2021 season. 

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Watch the games. Daboll got guys open and Josh missed them. The only person this season depends on is Allen.

Yup.  Daboll has not been perfect to be sure, but there have been a lot of times that he’s put the team into position to succeed and execution has failed.  Those all haven’t been Allen’s fault either, but he’s had plenty.  And for some reason some people blame Daboll for all of that.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BillsToast said:

None of our opinions matter, including yours, or mine. We go on message boards to have fun. 

You're right, of course.  I confess to getting a little irritated at posters who start threads with proclamations that in reality are opinions masquerading as facts, but then, that is only my opinion as well.

35 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

What will the Bills do to Josh Allen if he plateaus or regresses this season?  That's the single most important factor for this team heading into this year, not what goes on with Daboll.  

In this scenario, we’d likely keep Allen next year but bring in competition whether it’s a draft pick or FA.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

There is a lot of pressure on Daboll. And on Josh Allen. I think the Bills have to be around the middle of the league in terms of ranking and they have to be able to engineer drives when we need them.

With all of the weaponry that has been provided to Daboll(and Allen), I think that's a fair assessment in regard to where they should be ranking offensively...my first thought was that they should rank much higher than that to call the season a success, but Allen is still growing as a quarterback, and is still learning from what i hear is a pretty darn complex playbook...so yeah, middle of the pack offensively, we should be fine.  Especially with the defense we are putting on the field.  We finish 15th in the league offensively and I believe that translates to 11-12 wins comfortably. 

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Like (+1) 1

I seriously doubt we'll have a top 10 offense with this OL and Allen, but I really hope they prove me wrong. We were what? 26th in total offense last year? We added 1 new starter, albeit the best player on our offense. I see us finishing 2020 ranked around 14-20. Just my guess. I want to see Allen improve by twice as much as he did from year 1 to year 2. That would make me ecstatic.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the window for Daboll to still be a Bills OC in 2021 is a narrow one. And it probably is about 22/23 ppg, Bills having about the 15th best offense and being 10-6. If it is better than that and Allen looks good he will be a hot HC candidate. If it is worse than that and Allen plateaus or regresses the Bills will fire him. 

I agree.  Another 19-20 pt/game season and both Josh & Brian will be on the " hot seat". And Sean will also be responsible for allowing Daboll to open things up. No more taking the foot off the pedal. Belichick never did that.

3 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Daboli is not out there blocking, running, throwing or catching the ball.

He can only play the players he has

He also should not have a play that has Pat DiMarco as the player going deep on a passing situation late in a playoff game. 
I have been Daboll’s biggest critic. I think he got better after he moved to the booth. Brian needs to keep his cool and call plays, that’s easier to do when you aren’t on the sideline. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

Every member of the team to include the coaches and the GM and his staff are on the hot seat to some degree every work day, so..., 

Go Bills!!