Brian Daboll is on the hotseat starting TOMORROW

Penfield45

no more excuses for this guy. It's time to show you can run a top 10 NFL offense. 

We are tired of our offense lagging so far behind the defense, last season I lost count on how many games our defense won while the offense struggled to score a measly 14 points. Terrible gameplans and head scratching play calling all season long. Daboll was constantly putting Allen under immense pressure with his calls, especially in the playoff game. We barely used Singletary to our advantage, hopefully that changes this season. So far in his career Daboll has shown no evidence he can lead a high powered offense in the NFL, that needs to change. 

Edited by Penfield45
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 11

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There is a lot of pressure on Daboll. And on Josh Allen. I think the Bills have to be around the middle of the league in terms of ranking and they have to be able to engineer drives when we need them.

middle of the league? lol

we are bottom of the barrel 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

no more excuses for this guy. It's time to show you can run a top 10 NFL offense. 

We are tired of our offense lagging so far behind the defense, last season I lost count on how many games our defense won while the offense struggled to score a measly 14 points. Terrible gameplans and head scratching play calling all season long. Daboll was constantly putting Allen under immense pressure with his calls, especially in the playoff game. We barely used Singletary to our advantage, hopefully that changes this season. So far in his career Daboll has shown no evidence he can lead a high powered offense in the NFL, that needs to change. 

They scored 14 or less 4 times including week 17 in a meaningless game.  While I agree Daboll is far from proven, the QB is responsible for a lot of success or lack of success of any offense.  Your post seems to indicate all the problems are resulting from the OC which is far from reality.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

There are areas that Daboll absolutely has to improve. The first that comes to mind is 4min offense. He seemed like he was always late getting the play in and indecisive on the final drive before halftime. I want to see better and more consistent game/clock management.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Brian Daboll...AKA "The Scapegoat"

There will be calls to fire him at halftime.

He 100% will be the fan scapegoat. He massively was last season. I am all for blaming him for things that are his fault. But he got blamed for a lot that wasn't too.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Agree about Daboll...but we might as well put Allen in that boat too...if he continues to show an inability to do things that rookie QBs are doing, there should be some serious questions raised moving forward...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Sad 1

The fortunes of Daboll and Allen are intertwined. Each will go as far as the other takes him. 

So far,  that  partnership is trending in the right direction. That being said, i do concur with the notion that this year will be make or break for the partnership as well as for each partner individually.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

He may be on your personal hot seat, but, sorry, you don't matter.  At this point I think the Bills are pretty confident that the offense is going to be more productive than last year, probably significantly.  Sean McDermott obviously wants an uptick in production, and eventually a disappointing output from the offense would force his hand on making a change, but it would take a while as the whole organization seems to value stability too.  They will have to be sure Daboll is not the answer before they cut bait.

• Like (+1) 3