WTF is Peter King thinking?? Picks Dolphins to win AFC East

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He literally said that though in a Q and A column.  I’ll try to dig it up.  Stunned me.  Someone asked him why he didn’t cover the Bills as much and his response was, “I guess I just find that organization to be boring” or something to that effect.

why is that shocking? He does editorial pieces about the league. He’s supposed to generally find stories he finds interesting; or more particularly wide cross sections of NFL fans find interesting. 

look around and tell me if you think fans prefer to read about humble process driven practices or dumpster fires? 

Meh. While I disagree about the Dolphins, I don’t have much of a problem with his Bills take. He’s right. This is Allen’s year to prove he’s the guy. It’s ok to have concerns until he proves it. Personally, I think he will. 

Also, he still has the Bills as the 6 seed. Idk, not much for me to get worked up about here. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, eball said:

Peter King is not a bad guy but I’m guessing if you went back and looked at his preseason predictions over the years he hasn’t been very good, from top to bottom.  He’s not really doing a “deep dive” on most of these teams, and if he really did pick Miami to win the division it’s just an attention-getter and very short-sighted.  We’ve all said the Fish appear to be headed in the right direction but a team that begins the year with Fitz as their starting QB just isn’t a team that is expected to compete for division titles.  Winning six games last season was a pretty good accomplishment with that roster, but this is another team that is going to suffer from a limited training camp with so many new faces.  What team do they play this year with a worse roster than theirs?  The Jets?

I’m long past the days when national media reports made me “angry” — I understand that their job isn’t to really analyze the league, it’s to fill content and drive traffic.

He was pretty spot on last season, Big Ben’s injury and WILDY overrating Jacoby Brissett notwithstanding.  https://sports.nbcsports.com/2019/09/02/peter-king-makes-his-playoff-super-bowl-predictions-for-2019-nfl-season/

Edited by Billl

2 hours ago, DrPJax said:

I have to admit I am a little skeptical that McD has addressed the O enough to keep up with KC , RAVENS, and even the Titans who also got aggressive with their D by adding  Clowney.  New O additions of Diggs , and three rookies ( Moss, Davis, Gilliam ) , with a tight end room with Knox being the only one with much upside and an o line basically unchanged,   does not show a great deal of change that will guarantee , IMHO, a vastly improved offense  that can score more than 19 points a game.   McD , who has had great success with his D, continued to bring in more support with adding several proven defensive veterans and even opted to take Epenesa when JK Dobbins had fallen into our lap (a 2000 yard proven rusher from a major conference who was immediately nabbed by the Ravens to bolster their already impressive rushing attack),  appears to keep his emphasis on defense even after we are seeing the leagues more successful franchises featuring very productive offenses.   We can’t ignore KC’s ability to score and they added even more fire power to their O.  The road to the SB will most likely go thru KC or Baltimore for the AFC teams as I see the Bills as a 10/11 win team given the schedule.  We still have zero playoff wins with McD ( love the guy and love his culture, but he needs improvement as losing a 16 point lead in the wild card game reflects on a need for game management improvement ), and I am not sure just adding Diggs and three rookies ( 4 if we include Bass) in a COVID shortened season translates to more offensive success on the road against already proven offensive juggernaut franchises.   We did also lose to Baltimore at home last year so we can’t just downplay them either as I routinely see little mention of them as a team we might  have to go thru to get to the SB. 

So, did we do enough on O?  Not sure until we see if Allen can progress as I am hoping he does , and I also have to see if Daboll can use Diggs and Moss creatively  in a way that matches all the preseason hype. So far McD continues to be very aggressive with addressing his D, but I am not sure he has done enough to get the offense up around 24/25 points a game where we can actually be a bona fide Super Bowl contender. Peter King suggesting the fins take the division is ludicrous, but we are not locks to knock off KC, TITANS , RAVENS , and the SB is really the ultimate goal.  It’s about to get real!  

IMO our O is just fine paired with this defense.  Allen just needs to get better.  The skill players are there.

2 hours ago, George C said:

Until Allen shows he can connect on all passes, which he has not, he will remain the issue. I’m not drinking the Kool-Aid until I see all of the passes..

Tua? If 100%? Get ready to face a qb who was almost unstoppable. 

The jury is still out on Allen until he shows you he can make all the throws, but the guy who hasn't played an NFL down -- if healthy -- will be unstoppable? 

Yeesh.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Meh. While I disagree about the Dolphins, I don’t have much of a problem with his Bills take. He’s right. This is Allen’s year to prove he’s the guy. It’s ok to have concerns until he proves it. Personally, I think he will. 

Also, he still has the Bills as the 6 seed. Idk, not much for me to get worked up about here. 🤷‍♂️

On the flipside, Fitz has proven that he can’t get a team to the playoffs. Will he suddenly be able to with a team that is rebuilding?  

This is more of the tired trope of “its Buffalo”, “they haven’t proved anything yet” constructive criticism is certainly acceptable as discussion points, all teams have some issues, Yet this guy comes up with Miami? as a winner? christ...,   Sadly all those years of miserable Bills ownership, front offices, and coaches has not worn off yet... SM & BB have come a long way toward respectability, but the end goal of being a perennial contender will only come with time. I see this as locker room fuel, kick arse fellas and this spew goes away,

Go Bills!!!

26 minutes ago, Billl said:

He was pretty spot on last season, Big Ben’s injury and WILDY overrating Jacoby Brissett notwithstanding.  https://sports.nbcsports.com/2019/09/02/peter-king-makes-his-playoff-super-bowl-predictions-for-2019-nfl-season/

So except for the Chargers, Rams, Bears, Colts, and Steelers he was “pretty spot on”?

I get that nailing appreciably more than 50% of the playoff field isn’t a cake walk, but “pretty spot on except for the 42% he got wrong” is kind of weird to say.

As to his de facto prediction, meh, go ahead and pick Miami. It’s gutsy and edgy; Buffalo is the trendy, mainstream pick. May as well be ahead of the curve.

Doesn't make much sense though. They’re not close to Buffalo in terms of talent...yet. Another solid offseason and they will be.

3 hours ago, George C said:

Until Allen shows he can connect on all passes, which he has not, he will remain the issue. I’m not drinking the Kool-Aid until I see all of the passes..

Exactly...I am hopeful for Allen, but I’m not gonna believe he has “it” until he shows me...

And the way he played in that playoff game last year is NOT showing that he has “it”...

And that was his latest thing we have to go off of with him...so, still patiently waiting...but hopeful...

Edited by JaCrispy

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

On the flipside, Fitz has proven that he can’t get a team to the playoffs. Will he suddenly be able to with a team that is rebuilding?  

Right, I don’t think so on Fitz and I disagree on his Dolphins take. I think this division is still Cheats and Bills.  Dolphins are a year or 2 out in my opinion, but with the playoffs expanding, it’s not unimaginable to see a scenario where they make it. I don’t think Fitz goes the whole year, and none of us know what Tua is yet. Even though the truncated offseason and coming off significant injury does him no favors this year. 

The Dolphins will be much improved as they had a real nice influx of talent via the draft and FA. Flores has a year under his belt and some key players like Preston Williams coming back. If Howard is healthy along with Jones pose a very good secondary. Defense will be good. O line is still a ?. They have decent pieces on offense as well. I think 10 wins is a stretch considering the schedule but I can see 8 wins max. If you click over to FinHeaven they have this posted as well and even their fans find it hard to believe.

Edited by billsbackto81

3 hours ago, George C said:

Tua still has to prove himself in the NFL. He was throwing to multiple first round picks. Sometimes that level of talent makes it really easy on a QB. 

4 hours ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

I generally respected Peter King and his takes on the NFL but this one is out of left field.  He only considers the Bills a 3rd tier team, along with numerous others.  He has the Chiefs and Ravens as Tier 1 and the Titans as the only tier 2.  That being said picking the Dolphins as to win the AFC East with the potential win 10 games seems ridiculous to me.  Here's the link just scroll down to the 2020 predictions ...

https://t.co/BWqwmoDnZq?amp=1

The Dolphins are going to be a good team and seem to have a direction. I expect our rivalry to get ramped up with them this year. We better win the div though. 

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Like many he wants to see if Allen is the deal.  But picking the Bucs to win just because of Brady is ridiculous.  I like reading King’s stuff but that just confirms his Pats/Beady/Belicheat bias he’s had for years.

You’re way off here.  By DVOA, the Bucs had a top 10 defense last year.  They got murdered by Winston’s turnovers, some leading directly to scores.  They have the best group of receivers and TEs and just added a 1,000 yard rusher.  Brady is what Brady was but if he can be a B level starter, they should be very good.

i would argue that you must just hate Brady to not see the potential on that team.  Brady might be completely shot but that is a really well rounded team. 

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

National media don't cover the Bills in depth. Any one of us know more about the Bills than Peter King. His opinions are based on the closed loop of other writers opinions of the Bills, a team they didn't cover in depth either.

OMG!!! Stop with this.  Always the victim.  The Bills her plenty of love from the media.  But the second some doesn’t say awesome we are, it’s “the media hates us.”

I think the Fins are on the right track but I completely disagree with them winning the division.  But this victim mentality Some Bills fans have is insane.  Not everyone is going to love our team or predict them to win every game.  It doesn’t mean they hate us.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1