WTF is Peter King thinking?? Picks Dolphins to win AFC East

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I did read it.  It doesn't answer my question.  He picked the lowly Fins over NE to win the Division and you led with "King worships the Pats".  Why would disrespect the team he worships like that.

He says he doesn’t think the Pats will be able to overcome losing four linebackers.  But then ends with kind of a “we’ll see.”  He always overrates the ex-Pats players and coaches - does it every single year.  He’s a huge homer.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, George C said:

Until Allen shows he can connect on all passes, which he has not, he will remain the issue. I’m not drinking the Kool-Aid until I see all of the passes..

Tua? If 100%? Get ready to face a qb who was almost unstoppable. 

Most QBs look unstoppable when they have 11 seconds to throw. That’s why Alabama QBs have often looked like world beaters in college and gone nowhere in the pros.

I like Tua, but “he’s unstoppable” is a bit much sans a single NFL snap as evidence.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, George C said:

Until Allen shows he can connect on all passes, which he has not, he will remain the issue. I’m not drinking the Kool-Aid until I see all of the passes..

Tua? If 100%? Get ready to face a qb who was almost unstoppable. 

In college...playing with a bunch of 1st round picks at WR matched up against teams with DBs who were overmatched in most cases. He won't be finding that in the NFL.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Most QBs look unstoppable when they have 11 seconds to throw. That’s why Alabama QBs have often looked like world beaters in college and gone nowhere in the pros.

I like Tua, but “he’s unstoppable” is a bit much sans a single NFL snap as evidence.

And a bunch of 1st round WRs playing against undrafted CBs...

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

King worships the Patriots.  He always picks the former Patriots coaches to win in their new gigs, until they faceplant which they nearly always do.  King also admitted last year that he finds the Bills boring in response to a question about why he doesn’t give them more coverage.  I’m not a big media bias guy but in this case, it’s basically admitted.

im not sure picking to cover stories that people find more interesting means that he is anti bills or slants against them because of it. 

its also his job to editorialize though, so opinion is expected.

that said, unless josh goes down I think he is wrong here.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

If you read the rest of my post...

And he picks Brady and the Bucs to go to the Super Bowl.

The Tampa hype is funny. This year's Browns. This franchise hasn't made the playoffs since 2007. Atlanta and New Orleans are strong. Even the bad team has a guy who got 1000 rush 1000 receiving on their team. People have them winning the Superbowl! Ha.

Just now, NoSaint said:

im not sure picking to cover stories that people find more interesting means that he is anti bills or slants against them because of it. 

its also his job to editorialize though, so opinion is expected.

that said, unless josh goes down I think he is wrong here.

He literally said that though in a Q and A column.  I’ll try to dig it up.  Stunned me.  Someone asked him why he didn’t cover the Bills as much and his response was, “I guess I just find that organization to be boring” or something to that effect.

4 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

The national narrative is that Singletary his fumbling problems and Allan is suspect and Diggs won't be enough. 

Finally time to see if it is all true!

I have to admit I am a little skeptical that McD has addressed the O enough to keep up with KC , RAVENS, and even the Titans who also got aggressive with their D by adding  Clowney.  New O additions of Diggs , and three rookies ( Moss, Davis, Gilliam ) , with a tight end room with Knox being the only one with much upside and an o line basically unchanged,   does not show a great deal of change that will guarantee , IMHO, a vastly improved offense  that can score more than 19 points a game.   McD , who has had great success with his D, continued to bring in more support with adding several proven defensive veterans and even opted to take Epenesa when JK Dobbins had fallen into our lap (a 2000 yard proven rusher from a major conference who was immediately nabbed by the Ravens to bolster their already impressive rushing attack),  appears to keep his emphasis on defense even after we are seeing the leagues more successful franchises featuring very productive offenses.   We can’t ignore KC’s ability to score and they added even more fire power to their O.  The road to the SB will most likely go thru KC or Baltimore for the AFC teams as I see the Bills as a 10/11 win team given the schedule.  We still have zero playoff wins with McD ( love the guy and love his culture, but he needs improvement as losing a 16 point lead in the wild card game reflects on a need for game management improvement ), and I am not sure just adding Diggs and three rookies ( 4 if we include Bass) in a COVID shortened season translates to more offensive success on the road against already proven offensive juggernaut franchises.   We did also lose to Baltimore at home last year so we can’t just downplay them either as I routinely see little mention of them as a team we might  have to go thru to get to the SB. 

So, did we do enough on O?  Not sure until we see if Allen can progress as I am hoping he does , and I also have to see if Daboll can use Diggs and Moss creatively  in a way that matches all the preseason hype. So far McD continues to be very aggressive with addressing his D, but I am not sure he has done enough to get the offense up around 24/25 points a game where we can actually be a bona fide Super Bowl contender. Peter King suggesting the fins take the division is ludicrous, but we are not locks to knock off KC, TITANS , RAVENS , and the SB is really the ultimate goal.  It’s about to get real!  

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He literally said that though in a Q and A column.  I’ll try to dig it up.  Stunned me.  Someone asked him why he didn’t cover the Bills as much and his response was, “I guess I just find that organization to be boring” or something to that effect.

National media don't cover the Bills in depth. Any one of us know more about the Bills than Peter King. His opinions are based on the closed loop of other writers opinions of the Bills, a team they didn't cover in depth either.

• Like (+1) 2

I've always enjoyed Peter's work, but sadly, this semi-retirement gig he's eased into reminds me of the end of Larry Felser's career. 

Both guys had/have forgotten more about the NFL than any of us will ever know.   But their analysis and opinions just fell off the cliff as they worked less and had fewer contacts around the league.    It's the natural progression of getting old and it will happen to all of us eventually...

• Like (+1) 2

To be fair they would be the flashy pick. Soooooo many new free agents, tons of draft picks, they’re building a decent team over there. On paper we should be better, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility that they could have a better season. They have 2 quarterbacks and one is highly hyped to takeover, most people don’t even like Allen and we’re obviously not overly strong at backup. Don’t hate on the guy too much. If everyone had the same picks what fun would it be and how many clicks would they generate? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I've always enjoyed Peter's work, but sadly, this semi-retirement gig he's eased into reminds me of the end of Larry Felser's career. 

Both guys had/have forgotten more about the NFL than any of us will ever know.   But their analysis and opinions just fell off the cliff as they worked less and had fewer contacts around the league.    It's the natural progression of getting old and it will happen to all of us eventually...

I think this is accurate.  He kind of mails it in now, writing columns while sipping lattes in his Brooklyn loft.  He’s just not plugged in like he used to be and gets clicks based on his brand, not his scoops.  Albert Breer is a much better read.

3 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

I have to admit I am a little skeptical that McD has addressed the O enough to keep up with KC , RAVENS, and even the Titans who also got aggressive with their D by adding  Clowney.  New O additions of Diggs , and three rookies ( Moss, Davis, Gilliam ) , with a tight end room with Knox being the only one with much upside and an o line basically unchanged,   does not show a great deal of change that will guarantee , IMHO, a vastly improved offense  that can score more than 19 points a game.   McD , who has had great success with his D, continued to bring in more support with adding several proven defensive veterans and even opted to take Epenesa when JK Dobbins had fallen into our lap (a 2000 yard proven rusher from a major conference who was immediately nabbed by the Ravens to bolster their already impressive rushing attack),  appears to keep his emphasis on defense even after we are seeing the leagues more successful franchises featuring very productive offenses.   We can’t ignore KC’s ability to score and they added even more fire power to their O.  The road to the SB will most likely go thru KC or Baltimore for the AFC teams as I see the Bills as a 10/11 win team given the schedule.  We still have zero playoff wins with McD ( love the guy and love his culture, but he needs improvement as losing a 16 point lead in the wild card game reflects on a need for game management improvement ), and I am not sure just adding Diggs and three rookies ( 4 if we include Bass) in a COVID shortened season translates to more offensive success on the road against already proven offensive juggernaut franchises.   We did also lose to Baltimore at home last year so we can’t just downplay them either as I routinely see little mention of them as a team we might  have to go thru to get to the SB. 

So, did we do enough on O?  Not sure until we see if Allen can progress as I am hoping he does , and I also have to see if Daboll can use Diggs and Moss creatively  in a way that matches all the preseason hype. So far McD continues to be very aggressive with addressing his D, but I am not sure he has done enough to get the offense up around 24/25 points a game where we can actually be a bona fide Super Bowl contender. Peter King suggesting the fins take the division is ludicrous, but we are not locks to knock off KC, TITANS , RAVENS , and the SB is really the ultimate goal.  It’s about to get real!  

How much more were you looking for on offense?  Diggs is a top-10 WR.  Brown would have had over 1,100 yards last year while Beasley would have had over 800 if they played all 16 games.  They're going to be a handful for opposing defenses.  Then there's Knox who, despite his drops, showed promise and it's not like there were tons of options at TE in FA or the draft.  Singletary ran for over 5 YPC.  Davis looks like he's a promising WR and Moss looks like a promising backup RB.  And they appear to have found a RT finally which allows them to put Ford where he's best-suited at present.  I'd say that's doing quite a bit on offense.  Then you have the defensive additions.

Is that enough to challenge the Chefs and Ravens?  We'll see.  But it's certainly enough to win the AFCE.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

You nailed in several points, but also,in an attempt to validate your points, you forget to summon an offensive line that returns intact(practically), that's an advantage over other teams in a weird (pre)season 

27 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

You nailed in several points, but also,in an attempt to validate your points, you forget to summon an offensive line that returns intact(practically), that's an advantage over other teams in a weird (pre)season 

29 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

The Tampa hype is funny. This year's Browns. This franchise hasn't made the playoffs since 2007. Atlanta and New Orleans are strong. Even the bad team has a guy who got 1000 rush 1000 receiving on their team. People have them winning the Superbowl! Ha.

Hmmm, gonna disagree with the comparison. At a high level TB is a stable org with BA, Brady is walking into an offense that Winston was able to run well. Solid defense that is also stable and established - versus - Freddie Kitchens, a young qb, a defense that supposed to be good but has trouble staying healthy?

35 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Good.

I like seeing some National guys picking against Buffalo. Flores is a getting a ton of respect for how many wins he was able to cobble together with a lack of talent. Now he has more players, time to put it together. 
I do think Miami is building a roster similar to how Buffalo has been.  As a Bills fan I’m not looking down my nose at anyone, except the cheating(it’s been proven time and time again) Pats. 

In other words, the McDermott path—Sean won 6 games in 2018 with a roster arguably one of the least talented in Bills history—and also showed that with more talent he was able to correspondingly add to the wins—can Flores really do that this year without a franchise guy at the helm to start? But PK, who I actually really like reading for overall NFL, doesn’t go deep enough as has already been pointed out upthread, and therefore doesn’t give the Bills their due in the division yet. But we will make it easy for him in the years to come! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

How much more were you looking for on offense?  Diggs is a top-10 WR.  Brown would have had over 1,100 yards last year while Beasley would have had over 800 if they played all 16 games.  They're going to be a handful for opposing defenses.  Then there's Knox who, despite his drops, showed promise and it's not like there were tons of options at TE in FA or the draft.  Singletary ran for over 5 YPC.  Davis looks like he's a promising WR and Moss looks like a promising backup RB.  And they appear to have found a RT finally which allows them to put Ford where he's best-suited at present.  I'd say that's doing quite a bit on offense.  Then you have the defensive additions.

Is that enough to challenge the Chefs and Ravens?  We'll see.  But it's certainly enough to win the AFCE.

On offense they have a good combination of new and ascending players, and the ascending players cannot be overlooked:

New (as previously mentioned): Diggs - an upgrade of WR1, which as a result makes WR2 & 3 better (Brown, Beasley); Davis should be a better WR4 than Foster/Duke/Zay; Moss is better than Gore.

Ascending: Players that are young and should be improved: Dawkins (just coming into his prime), Knox, Singletary, Allen

So the only offensive positions that are stagnant are LG (Spain), C (Morse) and either RG or RT (whichever Ford doesn't play). 

One can question if they improved enough but to be better at most positions is very good.

• Like (+1) 1