THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - Ready to Go

Shaw66

Nice job Shaw.  Until I went to the bottom, I thought you wrote this summary.  Whoops.  I appreciate it though as would have never seen it.  “Are You Ready for Some Football”.  This is going to be a fun fall and hopefully winter into February.  If they stick with these % for occupancy, My god how expensive are these SB tickets going to be.  

This write up exhausted me to think about what I know I need to do this season. Well done. 

If Allen shows marginally any improvement at all, then I agree we are in for a new era (pun intended)

However, short of actually winning a Super Bowl, it’s hard to beat what the team in the 90’s did. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

“Ready to Go”

Brandon Beane said to everyone "2021 may have been the target year, but we're ready now."

Thank you, Shaw, for a great write up and providing a Sunday morning smile to Bills fans. I believe yesterday's roster decisions, and most significantly, the decision to keep Trent Murphy, is an exclamation point on your assessment. Our priority is winning - now, not saving money for next year. 

Sundays became exciting as soon as Beane and McDermott joined the Bills. Next week, Sundays will become thrilling.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks, Shaw. It is indeed so much fun to watch the team you root for be run in an exceptional manner from the top down...just makes it all the more enjoyable. 

There have been things Beane has done that made me scratch my head...but just for a second as I quickly remember, ‘He’s got this’. 

McDermott as well: when he errs, I don’t worry about it as erring is the best way to learn and I know he will...and share the knowledge. 

We are on track!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

As usual excellent work Shaw.

This is the first Bills regime of the millennium to identify weaknesses and actually try to fix them. The trade for Diggs was them admitting that the offense lacked star talent. The best time to win a Super Bowl is on a QB's rookie deal. They had to make a bold move in that window and they did. Like you said Beane has removed all excuses for the team. If they aren't competing for a Super Bowl this year then either Allen or McDermott haven't lived up to the standard.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Nice job Shaw.  Until I went to the bottom, I thought you wrote this summary.  Whoops.  I appreciate it though as would have never seen it.  “Are You Ready for Some Football”.  This is going to be a fun fall and hopefully winter into February.  If they stick with these % for occupancy, My god how expensive are these SB tickets going to be.  

He did write it. The Rockpile Review is Shaw's weekly post on TSW.

Nice one, Shaw-- one of my favorites.

It was reported recently that the Bills will have the most continuity of any team in the league heading into the season. Considering how well they had gelled in 2019, that should really give them an enormous leg up for at least the first few weeks, if not the entire season. And, on offense at least, the two additions to the starting lineup-- Diggs, and (I assume) Daryl Williams are immediate upgrades. 

My only concerns are on defense. I've watched quite a few plays with AJ Klein from his last season with the Saints, and I'm not sold. Compared to Edmunds, and Milano, he just looks like a "low-motor" guy.

I'm also concerned that our rotation at DT is a downgrade from last season. Having Oliver, and J. Phillips splitting reps was pretty awesome, and I wonder how much of an affect having the D-line so fresh in the fourth quarter had on our fourth quarter comebacks? I think the opt-out of Star hurts us more than people realize, also. Not that I have any concerns with Horrible Harry, but I don't have as much faith in Butler, or Jefferson as most.

All that being said, I believe we have upgraded at DE with Mario Addison, and while it will take some time, I believe Epenesa is going to develop into something special.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

what could be a season-long loss of Jon Feliciano.

Nice article. I am a lil more optimistic on Feliciano's outlook for the season:

https://thebuffalofanatics.com/2020/08/20/bills-injury-report-jon-felicianos-chest-injury-and-when-he-will-be-ready-to-play/

But that does not detract from anything you wrote.

4 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Nice one, Shaw-- one of my favorites.

It was reported recently that the Bills will have the most continuity of any team in the league heading into the season. Considering how well they had gelled in 2019, that should really give them an enormous leg up for at least the first few weeks, if not the entire season. And, on offense at least, the two additions to the starting lineup-- Diggs, and (I assume) Daryl Williams are immediate upgrades. 

My only concerns are on defense. I've watched quite a few plays with AJ Klein from his last season with the Saints, and I'm not sold. Compared to Edmunds, and Milano, he just looks like a "low-motor" guy.

I'm also concerned that our rotation at DT is a downgrade from last season. Having Oliver, and J. Phillips splitting reps was pretty awesome, and I wonder how much of an affect having the D-line so fresh in the fourth quarter had on our fourth quarter comebacks? I think the opt-out of Star hurts us more than people realize, also. Not that I have any concerns with Horrible Harry, but I don't have as much faith in Butler, or Jefferson as most.

All that being said, I believe we have upgraded at DE with Mario Addison, and while it will take some time, I believe Epenesa is going to develop into something special.

I don't know about linebacker.  Im not sure I know what a linebacker

is any more.  So I just trust McDermott. 

I agree about DT. Losing Star hurt. Like li ebacker, the position is getting blurred. They talk about Epenesa moving inside, about 3 techs playing the one.  I worry that they aren't stout enough.  

Edited by Shaw66

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

He did write it.  "The Rockpile Review" is Shaw's weekly piece