PPP Under Fire

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

It's not that cut-and-dry, though. Massachusetts, for example. My comment was more "lamenting" than anything. I'm not exactly left of center, but I do have a wife and a 3-year-old, and we all take COVID very seriously. Masks, hand sanitizers, the works. I know why it's political -- It's just a shame that it is.

It's definitely not that black and white.  In general though (with some exceptions), Democratic governors/mayors are more likely to impact stricter lock down rules than Republican governors/mayors which has an impact on NFL attendance policy.

2 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

doc brown slept with my dad and I want him on everyone’s ignore list!!!

If I did sleep with your dad I want to put myself on my ignore list.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

In Doc's defense he does have a Delorean.

2 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

<snip>
What on earth did he say to prompt that? You might be the only one here who has Doc Brown on ignore.

2 hours ago, meazza said:

He slept with my wife.

40 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That's no excuse.  That happened years ago.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They sure will. They already do it down here. They will up there as well. 

If you take your behavior down here up there, you'll get warned, then banned. I guess if you want to create a new account every day and ***** post every day, you can but as I said, I don't think you'd do that. 

TBD would be fine. PPP ain't that important to the site. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, shoshin said:

If you take your behavior down here up there, you'll get warned, then banned. I guess if you want to create a new account every day and ***** post every day, you can but as I said, I don't think you'd do that. 

The activity here on PPP says otherwise.  Let's face it.  There are only so many ways to dress the Bills up for the sake of conversation.  That successful teams in Buffalo are not a large part of the team's history.  That criticism of a figure in the team's history gets old after awhile even if warranted.  Kind of like the old uncle that beefs about what some car dealer did to him over 50 years ago over and over again.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I never said I would do that. I said people do that here now and it's driving the mods nuts (per the mods). Take away PPP and that annoyance goes up tenfold. It's very simple math. 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Apparently you’re unaware of why PPP was created in the first place, and then left almost entirely unmoderated.

Politics bleeds into everything, and was the overwhelming majority of what the mods had to deal with.  What they decided to do was to create this sub-forum to take it off their plates.

PPP was left with a single mod who was incredibly reluctant to use his authority.  We self policed.  The only things that pretty much guarenteed a ban were posting violent images of lynchings, and for using the report function in PPP.

And it worked, and worked well, until recently when one poster who doesn’t like that the sub forum exists, because he disagrees with the content within, began a crusade to make it unpalatable to SDS and the moderation team to maintain it.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

The two times I was banned for a day  were because of drunkeness and mentioning Ted Kennedy's driving on  he OTW.The drunkeness  was a poster said I was a chicken hawk because I didn't serve  (kidney removed as a kid).I was drunk and used the whole F word. The other time I was talking about  the National Lampoon Volkswagen parody ad (Ted Kennedy would be president if he drove a Volkwafen today}  and the mod   rightly  banned me for a day for putting politics there.

The situation here is fine the way it works.  Only have three on  ignore. They rarely post on other boards. My record is 5 ignores in a row. Maybe if I ignore more , I can get that close to ten!

I would get annoyed by DC Tom at the beginning. Then I realized that I likely would never meet him in person.  There is  poster on here (not that often) that I disagree with here(PPP). Over the years  talking on the OTW, I found out his dad grew up down the street from me and his mom and I think uncle worked with my dad. A few years ago, he was visiting and we met up at the Galleria for a few beers. Had a good time.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

In normal times.  Covid has directly impacted the NFL though so it's nearly impossible to separate the two.

Yep. And based on recent observation, it's appropriate to make a COVID thread wherein you specifically blame conservative football fans for the mess that is COVID, but if in a different thread where the conversation is about Covid, you respond to someone who was already discussing the governments reaction to covid (without any partisan implications) you get a two week vacation. 

Then, when you come back and ask the almighty god of mods what exactly was political and "abusive behavior" and outside the norm of the conversation, you get no response. So. 

So pretty much, be conservative down here, be liberal up there and you're good to go with the mods. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Yep. And based on recent observation, it's appropriate to make a COVID thread wherein you specifically blame conservative football fans for the mess that is COVID, but if in a different thread where the conversation is about Covid, you respond to someone who was already discussing the governments reaction to covid (without any partisan implications) you get a two week vacation. 

Then, when you come back and ask the almighty god of mods what exactly was political and "abusive behavior" and outside the norm of the conversation, you get no response. So. 

So pretty much, be conservative down here, be liberal up there and you're good to go with the mods. 

I have noticed that too @whatdrought.  Obvious which way she’s voting.

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

Not sure how this factors, but PPP has almost twice the posts and activity of TBD, OTW and the College Football board combined. And it does it with far fewer posters.

Granted, of the 787,000+ posts on PPP, almost 100,000 are either BillsTime posting the same mindless Trump photo or BillsMisery talking about how he likes to plow everyone's pet gerbil before shooting a wad on their back, but it's far and away more activity than TBD sees for a reason.

In fairness, neither of these sites is that important when you compare it to things like World Peace or Joe Biden completing a full sentence, but it's not an all-or-nothing thing. If people don't like it, they can leave. There's no reason for PPP to go away because a few people can't nut up.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Not sure how this factors, but PPP has almost twice the posts and activity of TBD, OTW and the College Football board combined. And it does it with far fewer posters.

Granted, of the 787,000+ posts on PPP, almost 100,000 are either BillsTime posting the same mindless Trump photo or BillsMisery talking about how he likes to plow everyone's pet gerbil before shooting a wad on their back, but it's far and away more activity than TBD sees for a reason.

In fairness, neither of these sites is that important when you compare it to things like World Peace or Joe Biden completing a full sentence, but it's not an all-or-nothing thing. If people don't like it, they can leave. There's no reason for PPP to go away because a few people can't nut up.

Exactly.  Not sure what he's arguing.  We've all taken our lumps in this forum but you dust yourself off and come back with a better point.  

If someone finds the users intolerable, go somewhere else.

Edited by meazza

17 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

False. It doesn’t get archived as often. It’s not even close to TSW. 

2 seconds of looking at who’s logged into each one will show you how off you are.

Take away Rhino’s posts and the ppp content goes down by 40%! Take away every twitter paste by all of us and it goes down by 80%. 

If SDS wanted to chime in and shut it down, he’d have done so. So I think the site is safe. 

Edited by shoshin

7 minutes ago, shoshin said:

False. It doesn’t get archived as often. It’s not even close to TSW. 

2 seconds of looking at who’s logged into each one will show you how off you are.

Take away Rhino’s posts and the ppp content goes down by 40%! Take away every twitter paste by all of us and it goes down by 80%. 

If SDS wanted to chime in and shut it down, he’d have done so. So I think the site is safe. 

I didn't know about the archive, so I stand corrected.

In order to take away Rhino's posts, you'd have to get rid of a lot of people who just mock him. The truth of the matter is he is always very clear about what he believes versus what he assumes, and to paraphrase him, he often shows his work. I'm not sure why you have that much adversity with him. We can all be a little harsh on each other, but in the end, most of what he contributes is pretty eye-opening for some of us.

When he started his Deep State thread a couple of years ago, most here were like "Ummm, yeah, dude, put the bong down." 

Two years later...not so much.

For what it's worth.

Frankly, when you guys aren't shooting spit wads at each other, the COVID thread with facts and info is stellar.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I didn't know about the archive, so I stand corrected.

In order to take away Rhino's posts, you'd have to get rid of a lot of people who just mock him. The truth of the matter is he is always very clear about what he believes versus what he assumes, and to paraphrase him, he often shows his work. I'm not sure why you have that much adversity with him. We can all be a little harsh on each other, but in the end, most of what he contributes is pretty eye-opening for some of us.

I was just pulling his leg on how much he posts. No worries. Happy to share a beer and a Bills game any time. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Nut up on a message board.  That’s funny.  

this is entertainment, pure and simple.  Don’t like a point? Don’t read it. Or read it and comment.  But never take it too seriously.   

8 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Nut up on a message board.  That’s funny.  

this is entertainment, pure and simple.  Don’t like a point? Don’t read it. Or read it and comment.  But never take it too seriously.   

Hoaxes and boats!

3 hours ago, meazza said:

If someone finds the users intolerable, go somewhere else.

That's how it used to be.  Apparently some people don't like that tried and true method.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

See how many people want to protect their echo chamber?

Where has anybody stated they want this place to be an echo chamber?

Interesting that the guy that wants this forum shut down presumably so that any form of political discussion on this website happens in a forum when there is a heavy liberal moderator presence (because those forums are what would remain available) some of whom will silence those they don't agree with implies others want an echo chamber.

16 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Where has anybody stated they want this place to be an echo chamber?

Maybe you missed the ignore list manifesto. 

And this board generally. 

Interesting that the guy that wants this forum shut down presumably so that any form of political discussion on this website happens in a forum when there is a heavy liberal moderator presence (because those forums are what would remain available) some of whom will silence those they don't agree with implies others want an echo chamber.

Make the rest no politics like it usually is. Not that hard. 

You guys keep making it sound like it’s impossible to run a site with no politics but there are a million no-politics football boards out there. It isn’t rocket science. 

Again it’s all moot. SDS prefers to keep the positive energy that PPP contributes going so you’re all safe. 

Edited by shoshin

The challenge facing this forum is that it’s been noticeably infected by a small group on anti-Trump hate mongers who clearly have way too much time on their hands so they choose to invest it in shut down culture. They offer little in the way of positive political debate, and  only bring junior high school level name calling and unreasonable nonsense. I’d actually love to read some well thought out pro-Biden points on policy, programs, etc. but instead all we get is endless rage. I challenge any of them to start a thread about the benefits of liberal policies.

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, shoshin said:

You guys keep making it sound like it’s impossible to run a site with no politics but there are a million no-politics football boards out there. It isn’t rocket science. 
Again it’s all moot. SDS prefers to keep the positive energy that PPP contributes going so you’re all safe. 

20 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Shoshin is the one who wants to destroy the PPP. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The challenge facing this forum is that it’s been noticeably infected by a small group on anti-Trump hate mongers who clearly have way too much time on their hands so they choose to invest it in shut down culture. They offer little in the way of positive political debate, and  only bring junior high school level name calling and unreasonable nonsense. I’d actually love to read some well thought out pro-Biden points on policy, programs, etc. but instead all we get is endless rage. I challenge any of them to start a thread about the benefits of liberal policies.

😂 I spend about 10 minutes a day here. Most of you losers are here all day, everyday! 😂 

38 minutes ago, shoshin said:

The "ignore list manifesto" was directed towards taking away reactions to sock puppets, not to taking away liberals viewpoints.  By getting sock puppets to go away, the discussion here improves.  Everybody but the sock puppets win. And by freeing their time up, maybe even the sock puppets win.

7 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I suggest that shutting it down improves TBD. 

You can do PPP in a million other places.  

If you feel so strongly that PPP detracts from TBD, there is a very simple way for you to avoid the detraction/ annoyance: don't go to the PPP forum.

Just because YOU don't like something doesn't mean that it shouldn't exist (provided it isn't illegal nor immoral; and regardless how you stretch the definitions, this place is neither); it just means YOU shouldn't partake in it.

You've provided a lot of good info in the COVID thread & it is appreciated, but if this place bothers you so much, then stop posting there.  Would prefer you continue to post there, but it's your call, and the thread won't shut down just because you don't continue fulfilling your apparent duty (for lack of a better word).

Pretty sure the purpose of this thread was to get community ideas towards how to thwart the sock puppets (and your) wishes & keep this place from getting shutdown.  Perhaps if you didn't profess you want the place shutdown, the people that believe you should be on the ignore list wouldn't've had you there.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I suggest that shutting it down improves TBD

You can do PPP in a million other places.  

I do not see how shutting down PPP improves TBD. It is like with Microsoft Office, Excel complements Word, but it is completely different. Would Office be a better product as stand alone programs? Microsoft doesn't think so. 

Two Bills Drive has different forums, but same users. TBD is not even owned by the Bills. If it were, you might have an argument, but they abandoned One Bills Drive long ago.You just do not like being in minority, and on the losing end of arguments. 

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

My ignore list (and I’m assuming most posters here) contains right and left leaning posters.  I don’t want an echo chamber, I want a discussion that doesn’t just include to quote a legend, crap throwing monkeys. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, shoshin said:

See how many people want to protect their echo chamber?

This is a spectacularly revealing deflection that really encapsulates the essence of this thread, and is really a microcosm of our political media culture.

You can't prevail in an open forum because your ideology has become so divorced from reality that it can't withstand the slightest scrutiny. This is why cancel culture and censorship are so near and dear to your hearts. 

Sadly, even with the benefit of left-wing intellectual protectionism across all major platforms you're threatened by a political sub board of an obscure football message board. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3