PPP Under Fire

Just now, SectionC3 said:

No nerve. You want to waste money on a tactic like this?  Go for it.  But don’t delude yourself into thinking that what is said here is even marginally important.  It’s entertainment, pure and simple.  I say something, you get mad, I get amused, and we get on with our lives.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

I think you have it backwards.  I say something and in turn you get shook up.  If you thought I was that far off track you would have simply let it go after the first response.  You got back to me so fast that I think that you burned your fingers to get a response out.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

It’s interesting how some describe the place as a “dungeon” or a “hell hole” and also get annoyed when somebody posts something with a viewpoint different from their own.  Cancel culture, anyone?

I will take the blame for the dungeon moniker. I have always meant, and said it, with fondness, however. It has never been meant as a slur. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What's funny is your refusal to see the point and instead try to dodge it :lol: 

The solution to keeping The Stadium Wall about Football only is to keep a space for people to discuss politics. If you remove the space for them to discuss politics, they will discuss them on the main board which will make the board worse for everyone. 

It's very simple. 

Or, it's just not allowed and gets deleted from the football or OTW board. 

Pretty easy. 

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Only one side is allowed to voice their take on the main board. 

Just one. 

Everyone can voice their opinion on PPP. Take it away and all those voices who aren't allowed to speak will become unpleasant guests. 

I don't see much in the way of politics anywhere but here. A little in the OT Covid topic but not much else. 

Seems like those boards know how to set up civil codes of behavior. 

Plenty of places for a wild west approach to political discussion. 

21 minutes ago, shoshin said:

So the solution to awful people is to keep them around? 

That is really funny. 

No.  You're missing it.

The solution is to act on PPP the way you act on the main board -- or anywhere else in life.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I will take the blame for the dungeon moniker. I have always meant, and said it, with fondness, however. It has never been meant as a slur. 

Exactly. It's said with affection -- and has long been used to describe PPP in order to keep the riff raff out. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RochesterRob said:

I think you have it backwards.  I say something and in turn you get shook up.  If you thought I was that far off track you would have simply let it go after the first response.  You got back to me so fast that I think that you burned your fingers to get a response out.  

As an honest observer I thought you were both actually having a pleasant discussion until you said I seem to have struck a nerve with you on this.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, shoshin said:

Or, it's just not allowed and gets deleted from the football or OTW board. 

Pretty easy. 

Tell that to the mods who are already tired of having to moderate such conversations -- tell them that when the rates of those types of threads increases ten fold. 

Again, you're not thinking it through because you're more concerned with "being right" than understanding the subject. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Tell that to the mods who are already tired of having to moderate such conversations -- tell them that when the rates of those types of threads increases ten fold. 

Again, you're not thinking it through because you're more concerned with "being right" than understanding the subject. 

A lot of assumptions here... you know what they say

2 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

As an honest observer I thought you were both actually having a pleasant discussion until you said I seem to have struck a nerve with you on this.

As far as I know we are still having a pleasant conversation.  Saying that I struck a nerve is not exactly fighting words.

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

You're confused as you are on many things.  You thought the DR was saying that I had the spine of a jellyfish when that was not the implied meaning.

No I'm not. He was saying I have the spine of a jellyfish. He would never say anything condescending to a Trumper like you, Rob.

Edited by wAcKy ZeBrA

1 minute ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

No I'm not. He was saying I have the spine of a jellyfish. He would never say anything condescending to a Trumper like you, Rob.

I'll be back when Biden wins. Until then, sayonara all.”

- Make Honestly Great Again

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Nonsense.  Politics get moved to PPP because the purpose of the TSW or OTW are other than political.  To serve the interest of the board which is to serve Bills fans any team related subjects are not served by political bickering.  TSW should be for Bills related topics primarily and NFL related material secondarily.

In normal times.  Covid has directly impacted the NFL though so it's nearly impossible to separate the two.

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

In normal times.  Covid has directly impacted the NFL though so it's nearly impossible to separate the two.

I hear you there - this year I can’t even buy toilet paper without a political argument breaking out. Politics everywhere.