Fitzmagic vs T-Mobile

On 8/29/2020 at 12:49 PM, GunnerBill said:

Yea that is basically what it was for me. Fitz's style could have won he just wasn't quite good enough (though the Bills never gave him a defense close to what Tyrod had). 

Tyrod to me you can't win with in any sustained way. There is a lower ceiling for that style of play. Don't me wrong as much as I wanted to move on from Tyrod and watching him try and play QB infuriated me, I totally respect him for what he did for the franchise and the professional way he dealt with everything that happened in his time here.

Essentially both guys were pros.... Fitz was fun. Tyrod was not. 

Tyrod .521 winning

fitz .395

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Tyrod .521 winning

fitz .395

Indeed. Neither was good enough to win. But Fitz at least tried to play the way you need to in order to win. Someone playing Tyrod's style of football and doing it perfectly still wouldn't win championships. That was my point.

Probably would go with Tyrod if you have to win one game. But if you are building a franchise it’s Fitz by a mile.  With Fitz in there you can develop a receiving corps. He’s very good at feeding the ball to top tier or emerging receivers and giving them chances to make plays. Tyrod will only throw it to you if he sees you wide open. 

Edited by Charles Romes

This isn’t even up for a debate. Fitz is twice the qb tyrod is. It’s highway robbery that we got a top of the third round pick for him when we traded him. Nice guy but not a very good qb. He managed us into the playoffs with one of the flukiest crappy years that afc teams were going through. Remember we ended up playing the jags starting bortles who is also barely in the nfl at this point and lost lol. 

2 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

Unfortunately my recollection of Tyrod is that playoff game and how he just would not try to make a play.  That game still sticks in my craw  .  We lost to a incredibly bad qb that day

Because we also had a horribly bad qb. Fitz is an actual qb who even with minimal weapons has put up good numbers. It fitz had the weapons tyrod did with the defense we had fitz could very still be our qb. People going by their win percentages over their entire careers are way off base as using that as a metic for who the better qb was/is. It’s like saying josh allen didn’t have a good college career and can’t be a good Qb in the nfl. It’s just a useless argument. 

If you look at their career passing numbers are when both are done it’s clear who is the better more accomplished qb. Fitz often times went into ***** positions and made the best of it while making those around him better tyrod has never done that.

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I also think Fitz is actually a much better QB today than he was with us. I don’t believe most Bills fans understand that either. We had a lesser Fitz than the one who has played in recent years. 

I mean he had an 83.5 QB Rating heading into today's game with 4 TDs 5 INTs...he has pretty much been the same QB he has always been. Once DCs catch up to what he is doing to start a season he has no answers due to his physical limitations.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I mean he had an 83.5 QB Rating heading into today's game with 4 TDs 5 INTs...he has pretty much been the same QB he has always been. Once DCs catch up to what he is doing to start a season he has no answers due to his physical limitations.

Fair enough, all your points are valid. I’d still make the argument that Fitz’s 2015 Jets season, and 2019 Dolphins seasons were better than any in Buffalo. Obviously there’s many factors, and I’m not saying he’s become a franchise QB. I’m just saying that I’ve noticed small details in his game that have improved since his time with the Bills. Fitz is a smart guy, and with age comes wisdom. He’s a guy who’s capable of using everything he’s learned over the years to improve. He’s definitely not a franchise QB, but I’ve been more impressed by him as an opponent, than I was with him as a Bill. 

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

Fair enough, all your points are valid. I’d still make the argument that Fitz’s 2015 Jets season, and 2019 Dolphins seasons were better than any in Buffalo. Obviously there’s many factors, and I’m not saying he’s become a franchise QB. I’m just saying that I’ve noticed small details in his game that have improved since his time with the Bills. Fitz is a smart guy, and with age comes wisdom. He’s a guy who’s capable of using everything he’s learned over the years to improve. He’s definitely not a franchise QB, but I’ve been more impressed by him as an opponent, than I was with him as a Bill. 

I mean he is the greatest journeyman player in sports history.

The man just passed Tony Romo on the career passing yards list. And is probably under a full season away from passing Kelly...

That is sheer craziness.

But at the end of the day he is who he always is

..a guy that is going to make some great throws, put it all on the line but more often than not lose because of his physical limitations.

Edited by matter2003

Tyrod is a QB you'd love to have if you had a 2 touchdown lead.  If you were two touchdowns behind and wanted a chance to win, Fitzpatrick is your guy.  He might toss a pick or two while trying, but he's not afraid to try.