Field position and points: Keep Bass, Hauschka, Edwards and Bojorquez on the 53

45 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

We all can agree, NFL games are won and lost by field position and points. A bad punt can leave your defense with a short field.  A missed 55 yd field goal - no points.

This team is ready to win, and winning requires good field position and points.

Keep Bass as our long field goal kicker...anything over 50 yards, he comes on the field.

Keep Hauschka for the 20-40 yd field goals...he's money.

Keep Bojorquez for shorter punts when you need the ball placed inside the 15 yd line or when there's a southeasterly wind at the stadium (to crate a cross wind with his left foot).

Keep Edwards for longer punts and drop kicks. He's Australian and they utilize the drop kick a lot in that league. Would be a nice wrinkle for the Bills and can score points.

Thoughts?

I hate you.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

I would absolutely keep both kickers on the roster.  I would use them the way you are saying, BUT more importantly, I want 2 in case of Covid.  If they test positive, they are out, just think about going into a game and on Friday (or later) you find out your kicker is out.  With the struggle to find reliable kicking across the league last year WITHOUT Covid, I wouldn’t give up my kickers or risk them to practice squad.   I do understand there are some practice squad exemptions this year, but for the situation the Bills are looking at, unless Haush looks done or Bass is completely lights out (impossible to know with no preseason), I’d use them to their strengths and go with it.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I can see us keeping 2 kickers but no way 2 punters and there is absolutely no way that they roster 4 kickers and punters total.

the only possible reason to keep two punters is if you think there is a high probability one of them will get sidelined with Covid this year.

I am super unsure if you are trolling. 

So the Bills are keeping 4 kickers, 3 QB's, plus Dimarco, Taiwan Jones, and Andre Roberts because of their ST ability not because they provide any usefulness on their side of the ball. That is like 20% of our final roster. Who are the other 10 players you cut from the 53? Or don't dress as part of the 46? 

46 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Missed 55 yd field goals = Gift to the opposing offense.

Bad punt = Gift to opposing offense.

If you excel at skill players on ST (by reducing number of depth players at CB or OL for instance) you increase your chances of winning based on the theorum I wrote below:

ST Player1, ST Player2, ST Player3, ST Player4 x .50 (50% increase in convertible field position points) - CB4 x OL4 = 33% Increase in Points 

Is this a troll job?

Since when is Bojorquez supposedly some great position punter..he is as likely to just  shank a punt as any current pro punter there is.

As for your elaborate formula, 

"ST Player1, ST Player2, ST Player3, ST Player4 x .50 (50% increase in convertible field position points) - CB4 x OL4 = 33% Increase in Points"

Did you laugh at out loud when you wrote that?  Amazing with all the sophisticated computer algorithms and analytics in football you have hit on o pure mathematical genius!!

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Is this a troll job?

Since when is Bojorquez supposedly some great position punter..he is as likely to just  shank a punt as any current pro punter there is.

As for your elaborate formula, 

"ST Player1, ST Player2, ST Player3, ST Player4 x .50 (50% increase in convertible field position points) - CB4 x OL4 = 33% Increase in Points"

Did you laugh at out loud when you wrote that?  Amazing with all the sophisticated computer algorithms and analytics in football you have hit on o pure mathematical genius!!

I would challenge you to create a proof that is better than the above. You know why you can't? Because my proof is plausible. Adding/keeping 4 skill kickers by reducing two depth players at a position of strength equals an increase in points (and better field position). My theory holds true and there's not much you can say to detract from the proof itself.

I love the idea during an El Nino year, because the south easterly wind has a stronger north south vector that really takes advantage of a left footed punter (take that with a grain of salt, I'm not a physicist, but I've read a ton of blogs and watched even more youtube videos).

Unfortunately it's a La Nina year, so this is just a bad idea sadly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

We all can agree, NFL games are won and lost by field position and points. A bad punt can leave your defense with a short field.  A missed 55 yd field goal - no points.

Keep Bass as our long field goal kicker...anything over 50 yards, he comes on the field.

Keep Bojorquez for shorter punts when you need the ball placed inside the 15 yd line or when there's a southeasterly wind at the stadium (to crate a cross wind with his left foot).

Keep Edwards for longer punts and drop kicks. He's Australian and they utilize the drop kick a lot in that league. Would be a nice wrinkle for the Bills and can score points.

Thoughts?

Hahaha.  Trying to do your best crayonz impersonation?

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Thoughts?

As ideas go this is one of the worst I've read in quite a while

Edited by Mountain Man
  • Thank you (+1) 1