Field position and points: Keep Bass, Hauschka, Edwards and Bojorquez on the 53

36 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Bass/Edwards: Heavy Metal Rock

Hauschka/Bojo: Classical 

Some days you need precision

Some days you need to just let it all out. 

Best to leave all options open on game day. 

You want to make room for 2 kickers, cut all the punters.  

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/21/2020 at 7:18 PM, IgotBILLStopay said:

two kickers with different strengths can work in some games - especially say you expect a low scoring battle against new england. two kickers and two punters though — ?? maybe if one of the punters can cover on special teams when the other is punting.

but kudos for a real creative thought

https://mobile.twitter.com/SalSports/status/12989879829138595

McD says they may keep 2 kickers. nice call OP

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 1

With the expanded ps and ability to keep more vets on the ps this will be a chess match.  I agree with others the bills will not keep two punters on the 53.     Edwards maybe a ps candidate.   Two kickers is possible.   I think bass will get scooped up by someone if you waive him.   So I so t think ps is an option there.   Haushka will also get scooped if they waive him.   So the move may be to keep a different vet on the ps that otherwise would not be active.  

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

You were saying?

God I can’t believe the Bills didn’t go with this genius idea

looks like you misunderstood what i wrote - nowhere do i say bills SHOULD go with 2 kickers. i only say it can work in SOME games (not every game). all i am doing is applauding a real creative thought that no one on this board suggested before (to my knowledge) and one even McD appears to think has merit.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

looks like you misunderstood what i wrote - nowhere do i say bills SHOULD go with 2 kickers. i only say it can work in SOME games (not every game). all i am doing is applauding a real creative thought that no one on this board suggested before (to my knowledge) and one even McD appears to think has merit.

Not this year apparently.

26 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Not this year apparently.

everyone, esp. the OP recognizes that there is an cost - an extra roster spot. coaches can always do a cost benefit analysis and usually decide the cost is greater than the benefit.

the OP’s post made me rethink and update my priors on  the benefit. 

the fact that McD released Hauschka this year after a cost benefit analysis does not negate the point that there was a benefit that made McD consider it esp. this year.

8 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Since you can protect a handful of guys on the practice squad, it makes sense to put Bass there and protect him every week.

If your kicker tests positive for COVID the night before a game and you don't have a guy you're screwed. 

I think the protection is certain days if the week I read.  It’s not protect for the whole year

6 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

everyone, esp. the OP recognizes that there is an cost - an extra roster spot. coaches can always do a cost benefit analysis and usually decide the cost is greater than the benefit.

the OP’s post made me rethink and update my priors on  the benefit. 

the fact that McD released Hauschka this year after a cost benefit analysis does not negate the point that there was a benefit that made McD consider it esp. this year.

OP doesn’t think it’s much of a cost at all apparently (“a 7th CB that won’t play”)

2 kickers is equally pointless. 2 punters is even worse.

And whether or not McDermott seriously considered it is an open question. Coaches lie all the time. So I’d rather just look at his actions.

Well, now that House is gone, I will agree keeping a back up kicker and punter on the PS is a good idea just like a long snapper and a quarantined QB.  If hey keep active Barkley and Fromm, then you’d hope they keep Webb on the PS.  That still leave 12 + Wade for the ps at different position groups.