Washington Redskins: 15 women claim sexual harassment

SDS

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

A couple thoughts about this post in no particular order:

How would you feel if someone said, "Hey girl you look hot today" or "dang look at those legs"  to your daughter?

If you were grabbing girls' asses in high school, then you were a perv.

If you really think both of those things are still okay, then you still are.

A couple reply's to your thoughts in your particular order

I'm sure my son in law did play grab ass more than once (like most Normal teenagers) while my daughter & he were dating in high school and i'm sure my daughter turned around and smacked him for it more than once in return I'm pretty sure !

But that doesn't make me think he's a ass hat especially after them getting married, 4 - deployments to Iraq 1 to Afghanistan - 2 grandchildren and then becoming a cop .

If being a normal teenage kid with raging hormones looking at pretty young girls that you go to school with every day in your grade and they flirt with you every day makes me a perv then i guess i was . Emphasis on WAS !! 

And how do you know that the girl i was playing grab ass with in high school wasn't my girl friend as far as i know that use to be normal in western NY in the little country town i grew up in ? Maybe that's inappropriate for city boys but i wasn't one so i wouldn't know.

And last if grabbing my wife ass makes me a perv then i guess i still am and will always be .

Ya'll with your better than thou attitudes and your douche pill/idiot comments are just a bit over sensitive i'm thinking ... JMHO

But hey every one has a opinion were aloud that in this country ...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, T master said:

I'm sure my son in law did play grab ass more than once (like most Normal teenagers) while my daughter & he were dating in high school and i'm sure my daughter turned around and smacked him for it more than once in return I'm pretty sure !

But that doesn't make me think he's a ass hat especially after them getting married, 4 - deployments to Iraq 1 to Afghanistan - 2 grandchildren and then becoming a cop .

If being a normal teenage kid with raging hormones looking at pretty young girls that you go to school with every day in your grade and they flirt with you every day makes me a perv then i guess i was . Emphasis on WAS !! 

And how do you know that the girl i was playing grab ass with in high school wasn't my girl friend as far as i know that use to be normal in western NY in the little country town i grew up in ? Maybe that's inappropriate for city boys but i wasn't one so i wouldn't know.

And last if grabbing my wife ass makes me a perv then i guess i still am and will always be .

Ya'll with your better than thou attitudes and your douche pill/idiot comments are just a bit over sensitive i'm thinking ... JMHO

There's a teeny tiny bit of a difference between playing grab ass with your significant other vs playing grab ass with a co-worker.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Beast said:

I never am sarcastic to a waiter/waitress. I mean, they get my food before it gets to me. Food service people could straight up call me an ####### and, if I'm hungry enough, I'll still kill them with kindness.

You, sir, are a brave man.

Oh it’s after I get my food. I ain’t stupid. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, T master said:

But the whole town was first degree relatives though right?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/16/2020 at 4:44 PM, Process said:

I don't mean to dismiss the claims they are obviously a big deal, but yea it doesn't seem as bad as it was built up to be. 

It kind of looks as though the Post may have had something rather bigger queued up and dialed it back because 14 of the 15 employees signed non disclosure agreements and refused to be quoted "on the record",  fearing legal retribution.  So the Post went with 1/15 of the story.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I hate to say it but my dad is like that to an extent. He calls waitresses “honey” and stuff like that.  It’s not meant in a harassing manner but it’s cringeworthy nonetheless.

In parts of the south and the midwest, "honey" is practically a pronoun

There's a difference between "honey" and commenting on body parts, grabbing said body parts, or issuing instructions to dress in revealing clothing.

1 hour ago, T master said:

Are you sure you're sure?

Being a veteran and a cop means literally nothing in the context of this discussion.  But please pass along my thanks for his service.

Funny.  I flirted without touching anyone against her will.  Did I do it wrong?

I grew up in a small town, too.  No, I am not John Cougar.  But it wasn't appropriate to grab anyone's ass like that where I come from.

This is a dumb comment.  Be better.

Here .... https://books.google.com/books/about/KS2_English.html?id=zgsJngEACAAJ&source=kp_cover

Front Cover

You're welcome.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, NoSaint said:

in addition to daughter, I like to suggest someone they aren’t attracted to doing it to them. Maybe imagine their male boss did it to them. I bet T master wouldn’t be as pro-ass-grab or in favor of commentary about his legs at work. 

He seems full ass - equality ass grabber.  Bigger ass the better.

• Haha (+1) 1

Quid Pro Quo sex is a sad part of our society, and probably every society on earth. In fact, our society is almost probably one of the safer ones for women, or so I hope.

I would not recommend that any man date a subordinate employee. I know a guy who did. He was married and sleeping with her for a month or 2. The woman said she was short of cash and he gave her overtime on 3 Saturdays in a row. Another employee went to the union and they told him that contractually he could not do this without offering other employees the overtime, so; on week 4 he gave it to another employee. The woman approached him and demanded to know why she didn't get the overtime and he explained what happened. This was on a Friday. 

The following Monday, she went to the head of the department and showed him texts that she had received, claiming that they were unwanted. He was forced to resign by the HR Chief who was later transferred (not fired or forced to resign) after being accused of sending text messages with pictures of his genitals to a female employee. The woman who made the allegation against her boss was married 2 months later.

I don't know all the details of what happened of what between those 2. I suspect that they are both a little strange but all I am trying to get across is that if you are a supervisor, sex with one of your employees is a bad idea. Very bad.

I think sexual harassment goes both ways, women do it too. If you turn down sexual advances from a woman they can get really catty and combative. Especially from a woman who is used to getting her own way. They can make your life hard because they feel disvalued, hurt and ugly because you denied them sex. I’ve had it happen numerous times.. I’m not one of those guys who keeps a bodycount, I’m a born again, maybe not the celibate type like Tim Tebow but I’m far far removed from being a player, that’s not who I am. I’ve been in some really really weird situations because I’ve denied sex to women before.. Like really inappropriate advances from women who should have never come onto me.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Gugny said:

Are you sure you're sure?

Being a veteran and a cop means literally nothing in the context of this discussion.  But please pass along my thanks for his service.

I grew up in a small town, too.  No, I am not John Cougar.  But it wasn't appropriate to grab anyone's ass like that where I come from.

This is a dumb comment.  Be better.

Here .... https://books.google.com/books/about/KS2_English.html?id=zgsJngEACAAJ&source=kp_cover

Front Cover

You're welcome.

Yes I'm sure i'm sure.  ?

Will Do !

If they flirted excessively and you didn't you missed out .

Seeing as i was a musician in the area i grew up in and playing in bars with a bunch of drunks there was a lot of inappropriate things going on . Yes I was trying to be John Cougar at the time .

Maybe it was a dumb comment .

Thanks but you can keep the book it seems to bother you and others here a lot more than it does me . And it always seems to be the same ones !

Edited by T master

15 hours ago, Gugny said:

This. 

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I don't know all the details of what happened of what between those 2. I suspect that they are both a little strange but all I am trying to get across is that if you are a supervisor, sex with one of your employees is a bad idea. Very bad.

And This.  And not just sex.  If you are a supervisor, every current sexual harassment training I've been through emphasizes that the power imbalance muddies consent. 

A manager or supervisor with any form of "fate control" over someone's career can not assume that their subordinate would feel free to tell them if comments about their personal sexual attractiveness, instructions to wear sexier clothing, or touching were unwanted.

Anyone comparing this situation to similar behavior among equal peers (like HS students some of whom are dating) is totally missing the point.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, T master said:

Seeing as i was a musician in the area i grew up in and playing in bars with a bunch of drunks there was a lot of inappropriate things going on . Yes I was trying to be John Cougar at the time .

This is as relevant as being a cop or a vet.  I am a vet.  I am also a former local musician who spent about 20 years playing in bars with a bunch of drunks.

There is no excuse for vile, demeaning, disrespectful, intimidating behavior toward women.  It's a shame you disagree.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

Jackson hit the block on the beast 100% perfect and EJ still jumped like was he scared. 

I thought he jumped to get his feet out of the way of a tumbling Watt, he stayed planted until he threw.  But maybe that's just me.  Plenty to pick on EJ about without inventing.

• Like (+1) 1