Washington Redskins: 15 women claim sexual harassment

SDS

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Of course, but you have no idea when you say those things if they are or are not welcome. In a workplace, you have to assume they are not, especially considering someone that simply overhears it can be the person that treats it as unwelcome versus the person actually on the receiving end of the comment.

Stop snitching.

24 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Finance is still like this, because it, too, is dominated by Baby Boomers used to a certain way of relating to the world.  Until that generation retires and fades into the sunset, this stuff will continue to happen.

I hate to say it but my dad is like that to an extent. He calls waitresses “honey” and stuff like that.  It’s not meant in a harassing manner but it’s cringeworthy nonetheless.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, T master said:

In our overly "sensitive/politically correct" world in which we live i just wonder how many of these sexual harassment claims are something as simple as a guy saying something like "Hey girl you look hot today" or "dang look at those legs" ? 

So many people today are so sensitive that the slightest of statements could later turn into a harassment allegation !

If that be the case i sure am glad i'm not in high school any more cause i would still be in prison for playing grab ass while going down the hall ways !

If i were to ever run for public office i can see a bunch of women coming out saying what a perv i was and being a man i would proudly say .

YES SIR I I AM GUILTY AND I DID GRAB HER ASS WHILE GOING TO SCIENCE CLASS !! ? 

super cringe. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Haven’t read the whole thread but this 100% the reason that Russ Brandon isn’t employed by PSE. As someone that knows and understands what his role REALLY was, he was very good. He’s an elite sports business executive. He’s also slimy and had situations like this more than once. It wasn’t much better outside of the work place either. They had no choice but to cut the cord or they’d have ended up in the same situation. 

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I thought it was weird when he calls me that too.

That’s where I get it from honey

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

super cringe. 

We really do need a “cringe” emoji @SDS. I can’t tell you how many times I wanted to use that over the last few months lol.

1 hour ago, T master said:

In our overly "sensitive/politically correct" world in which we live i just wonder how many of these sexual harassment claims are something as simple as a guy saying something like "Hey girl you look hot today" or "dang look at those legs" ? 

So many people today are so sensitive that the slightest of statements could later turn into a harassment allegation !

If that be the case i sure am glad i'm not in high school any more cause i would still be in prison for playing grab ass while going down the hall ways !

If i were to ever run for public office i can see a bunch of women coming out saying what a perv i was and being a man i would proudly say .

Don’t ever change TBD

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I hate to say it but my dad is like that to an extent. He calls waitresses “honey” and stuff like that.  It’s not meant in a harassing manner but it’s cringeworthy nonetheless.

I guess it really depends on how he says it. My grandfather used to call servers “honey”, but it was the most non-threatening thing. In fact, the waitresses used to come up to me after and tell me how sweet he was.

Side note: when I was in the Deep South for work a few years back, every waitress had some kind of moniker they’d use for their male customers. One in particular called every man “Little Darlin’ “ which I thought was hilarious, because she was about 5’1” and couldn’t have been older than 21.

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I guess it really depends on how he says it. My grandfather used to call servers “honey”, but it was the most non-threatening thing. In fact, the waitresses used to come up to me after and tell me how sweet he was.

Side note: when I was in the Deep South for work a few years back, every waitress had some kind of moniker they’d use for their male customers. One in particular called every man “Little Darlin’ “ which I thought was hilarious, because she was about 5’1” and couldn’t have been older than 21.

It’s not threatening but still wish he had a little more awareness. It’s 2020. He’s 69-years-old which is right on that verge of when it’s okay.

Yeah, it’s different in the South. They call you babe, dear, honey, dawlin’, etc... It sounds like a bit of a double standard but when it’s the women to men it feels less threatening/creepy. That holds especially true in a more regional situation like this. If a waitress called me babe in Buffalo it’s a lot different than when someone here says “what can I get for ya babe.” 

8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

In Baltimore, most of the waitresses call you “Hon”. They even have a Hon Fest every Year.

http://honfest.net

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Guess I've been lucky. Every place I have ever worked hasn't had any issues with a bad culture, or at least nothing like that. Almost everyone has been professionals and respectful.

I had one case where on an install the commander made a comment after one of my team left room "Boy she has a sweet ass" with him watching her as she walked out of room.  I told him one-on-one that I had note recorded including date, time and those present in room.  If he repeated that comment or made any degrading comments again it would go in my official report of install. He stated yes he should not make comment and I said it was more than the comment, you were looking at her like she was walking by on a platform and all the guys saw that and took that as approval from lead.

There were no issues on rest of trip with mouth or eyes from anybody. I do not know if he spoke to anyone when I was not there.

7 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Anyone have the cliff notes on this?

Snyder has signed an external female laywer to white wash it while firing those who there was evidence on without admitting any blame.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Anyone have the cliff notes on this?

Here's the highlights

New female hires were warned by other women to avoid a certain glass staircase in the building (men would hang out at the bottom to look up skirts) 

Women were repeatedly told to wear tighter/more revealing outfits (to increase sales) 

Women were hit on repeatedly after saying no 

None of the women had complaints directly about Snyder, but did say that he made a male executive do cartwheels for entertainment (as the guy used to be a male cheerleader in college). 

Inappropriate comments like "she has an ass like a wagon" or "nice, tight body" that sort of thing

Actual texts:

One message had a male executive referencing an inside joke about a woman, when she asked about he said they had a bet going as to whether or not her boobs were natural or surgically enhanced. 

Another message a guy was going to pick up a pizza for a woman....if she slept with him. 

55 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Haven’t read the whole thread but this 100% the reason that Russ Brandon isn’t employed by PSE. As someone that knows and understands what his role REALLY was, he was very good. He’s an elite sports business executive. He’s also slimy and had situations like this more than once. It wasn’t much better outside of the work place either. They had no choice but to cut the cord or they’d have ended up in the same situation. 

That’s where I get it from honey

We really do need a “cringe” emoji @SDS. I can’t tell you how many times I wanted to use that over the last few months lol.

Don’t ever change TBD

^^^^^This. 

• Like (+1) 1

Waitresses and lady bartenders call me hon, honey, babe, baby, etc. all the time.  Doesn't bother me in the slightest.  I'm less of a "hon" or "honey" guy and more likely than not to say "Ms." 

But if a waiter/waitress is acting real ***** then I'll hit them with a "sweetheart" or "champ" dripping with sarcasm.

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We do have someone complaining that he’s not allowed to harass women anymore...

I do not think Snyder was type to harass women but would have no issue with hiring women with looks to be harassed by customers if it made him more money.

Like a drug dealer which did not partake - it was all about the money.

37 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s not threatening but still wish he had a little more awareness. It’s 2020. He’s 69-years-old which is right on that verge of when it’s okay.

Yeah, it’s different in the South. They call you babe, dear, honey, dawlin’, etc... It sounds like a bit of a double standard but when it’s the women to men it feels less threatening/creepy. That holds especially true in a more regional situation like this. If a waitress called me babe in Buffalo it’s a lot different than when someone here says “what can I get for ya babe.” 

yeah, I hear you 

33 minutes ago, Rico said:

In Baltimore, most of the waitresses call you “Hon”. They even have a Hon Fest every Year.

http://honfest.net

Whoa, really? That’s...different 

2 hours ago, T master said:

100% this!!  Back in the day we used to give the women in the office a firm pat on the ass to reward them after a hard days work.  Today, that harmless and thoughtful gesture would be an HR action.  I feel sorry for kids entering the workforce now in this PC environment.  God forbid anyone tells a joke like "better wear a low cut shirt if you really want that promotion, toots".  Simple pranks like hiding a camera in the women's bathroom will turn into an FBI investigation!!

• Haha (+1) 5