Rodgers in GB ( old article)

stuvian

Ruh Roh .....  Favre has spoken...  :) 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/brett-favre-packers-sent-disrespect-message-to-aaron-rodgers-expects-hell-finish-his-career-elsewhere-212015342.html

“I don’t know what that immediate need would have been,” Favre continued. “But I would think maybe another receiver, someone who can come and start right away with the assumption it can get us to the Super Bowl.”

“Green Bay’s one of [the teams] that should be playing for now,” Favre told Eisen. “They don’t draft any weapons, not just in the first round, but any weapons that can help immediately to my knowledge. And that just sends a disrespect message to Aaron Rodgers.”

Favre thinks Rodgers will eventually leave Packers

He made clear that he wasn’t speaking for Rodgers when he said this, but he told Eisen he believes that the Love selection will cause irreparable damage to Rodgers’ relationship with the team and result in Rodgers finishing his career somewhere else.

Just not NE* please 

23 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Rodgers whines more as he gets older.  It was funny on NFLR the other day Rodgers likes all the WR to get them to GB, then doesn’t like them once there.  It did seem a little premature as I would have waited until he was 38, but maybe they liked the young QB.

I think we have to conclude they did really like Love. As I say.... we will never know, the Packers will never tell us, but I strongly suspect they didn't go into this draft saying "we must take a Quarterback." It was just that the value and the benefit of taking the plunge on Love far outweighs the potential costs. Just imagine, for a moment, that Rodgers continues to play as he did last year good, but not quite the Rodgers of his prime for 3 more seasons. In each of those seasons the Packers are going to be minimum in that 8 or 9 win range. And that means drafting from mid first onwards. There is no guarantee a QB they like with a 1st round grade on their board gets to them in any of those years. And one did this year. And they only had to give up a 4th. I mean I get that Love might bust, I get that they needed wide receivers and interior D line.... I get all that. And I still think it is an absolute no brainer. This is a Quarterback league. You should always be prioritising having a Quarterback. The only times it is right to pass on first round QBs who are available to you are:

(1) if you have taken a first round QB in the previous 3 drafts who you are not totally there with yet but who is still developing; or

(2) if you have a proven, established, franchise QB who you are absolutely committed to who is in his prime years 25-34.

Once your QB is beyond 34 you better see zero drop off in both his health and his play before you pass on a first round guy. With Rodgers there is a noticeable drop off over the past 3 seasons in both. He is still a really good Quarterback. You can still win with him. But as far as I am concerned you are smack bang in the territory of not passing on 1st round Quarterbacks.

• Like (+1) 2

I think if your the Bills and Josh doesn't take that step this year, you have to seriously look into Rodgers availability next off-season.  I am a big Josh supporter as the name indicates but we should have a pretty good idea by the end of this upcoming season if he has what it takes to consistently have us in Super Bowl contention.  If he does not improve this year Rodgers would probably make the Bills the Super Bowl favorites if added for 2021 as the roster may be even stronger in the 2021 season than 2020.  

I think Josh is going to take a step and I actually think the Bills will contend for it all this season but if he doesn't, I would have to think the Bills would be in the top 3 landing spots for Rodgers if he were available next off-season.

• 2 months later...

"These players need to stop complaining about things and just play football! I don't want to hear about anything else! Football is an escape from all the drama!"

..Football thread is now about the drama in Rodgers love life..

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

"These players need to stop complaining about things and just play football! I don't want to hear about anything else! Football is an escape from all the drama!"

I think some of us are consistent though. I’m in the stop complaining or stay home (not just play football) camp, but I’ve been tired of Aaron Rodgers attention seeking nonsense for years. This dude is just full of tabloid drama, I’ve never seen anything like it from an NFL QB. I also get the feeling he enjoys every second of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Well yeah but it’s better than Covid talk. But mainly responding to the guy who think Danica has cursed A-Aron recently and he should dump her. Looks like he did so Pack to the SB

Edited by YoloinOhio

Rodgers (or as I like to call him, Big Rodg!) is a bit of an odd duck but if I were him I'd be p*ssed at GB as well. They have a window to go after another championship right now and they go and draft for the future. Not only that, they draft a position they're completely set at for at least a few more years. We saw how their offense struggled when Adams missed time last year so you'd think they'd give him some additional weapons besides just him, but nope. A QB and then all defense IIRC. Dummies. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I think some of us are consistent though. I’m in the stop complaining or stay home (not just play football) camp, but I’ve been tired of Aaron Rodgers attention seeking nonsense for years. This dude is just full of tabloid drama, I’ve never seen anything like it from an NFL QB. I also get the feeling he enjoys every second of it. 

he totally does enjoy every second of it, yet also whines incessantly about it.  Cant stand him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

he totally does enjoy every second of it, yet also whines incessantly about it.  Cant stand him. 

I'm cool with it. It's harmless. 

He's my favorite QB to watch as well.

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

woodley isn’t even hot (celebrity-wise) anymore. Seems like aaron struck 5 years too late

Better late than never?

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He'll never do better than Olivia Munn. 

I had a huge crush on Olivia Munn in the newsroom. I watched a bunch of her YouTube videos, ineterviews etc. after and found her super annoying. 

Very pretty, yes, but not my cup of tea outside of that. Rather be with somebody that I actually like. 

• Like (+1) 1