Rodgers in GB ( old article)

stuvian

If he can control his ego, he’ll have two more years with the Pack. In my opinion, he’s earned that. The question is how much like Favre he’ll be as Favre wouldn’t help the young buck if I recall correctly. 

If he gets the two years, he’ll be 38 and that is a heck of a career. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Guardian editor:  "Hey, Connolly!  NFL draft is over, and the website needs an article!"  ?

Connolly:  "Uh, I'll get right on it, Chief!" ?

Guardian editor:  "DON'T CALL ME CHIEF!!"  ?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

Done? No. Has the countdown now started? Yep. I think he might regret running Mike McCarthy out of town because McCarthy was willing to run a Rodgers centric offense. That isn't how LeFleur rolls. It is going to be the stretch zone and Rodgers is going to be judged by how well he executes the system rather than by how many plays he makes when things break down. At times last year when the system wasn't functioning you could see Rodgers's frustration mounting. Green Bay will win more games with LeFleur as they did last season, and Rodgers still played "well" but he is now just a piece of the puzzle rather than the engine that made the offense go.

• Like (+1) 3

Was Bart Starr done...?

Rodgers curve has flattened in GB. He has to now reinvent his style to be successful. He needs a new offence system to allow continued success. He may have to change teams to get the mental approach that will be necessary. 

I don't understand why GB's management hasn't upgraded their WR corp. Can you imagine all the contortions our local sports media would go through if the Bills management did not improve the Bills WR corp.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Done? No. Has the countdown now started? Yep. I think he might regret running Mike McCarthy out of town because McCarthy was willing to run a Rodgers centric offense. That isn't how LeFleur rolls. It is going to be the stretch zone and Rodgers is going to be judged by how well he executes the system rather than by how many plays he makes when things break down. At times last year when the system wasn't functioning you could see Rodgers's frustration mounting. Green Bay will win more games with LeFleur as they did last season, and Rodgers still played "well" but he is now just a piece of the puzzle rather than the engine that made the offense go.

Feels like that offense really doesn't have a ton of talent at skill positions  Dillon should help with Jones i guess - but Adams and ??? at WR and TE.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

I don't know whos draft was dumber, Green Bay's or Philly's.....what were they possibly thinking? I hope Rodgers forces his way out. 

Teams weigh their options on scales we can't possibly begin to imagine.

What is the ROI on every contract they hand out--and those are metrics that are based on everything from season ticket sales to hotdogs. 

A "controversial" rookie quarterback on a cheap deal, with a strong defense and running game, might bring an ROI that far outstrips whatever it is ARod brings to the table.

13-3 and 1 playoff game at home is the same as 10-6 and 1 playoff game at home, really. 

All good things come to an end.

The question is  -  When

He isn't getting younger

He has had issues with coaches

Is drafting a QB a sign?  Maybe, maybe not.   But I would expect a change sooner than later if the Packers don't win with him this season. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why is this pick so difficult for so man to understand.  He's not done, but he's pretty close.  Why not draft his replacement now? Isn't that the smarter way to do it?

This is exactly right.  The Pack are being proactive with their QB situation the same way when they drafted Rodgers.  Unless injury, Love won't see the field until year 3.  He is a project.  Rodgers cap ramifications if the Pack decided to get rid of Rodgers these next two years is huge.  My guess is AR has two more years in GB & I doubt he helps Love much, kind of the same way Favre really didn't help him.

• Like (+1) 1