Rank the AFC Teams as of Now

43 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Ingram was slowed down more towards the second half of the year, which proved to be the key to beating them. San Fran, The Bills, and the Titans shut him down, and it’s not a coincidence those were some of the closest games they played all year. Losses, in regards to the Titans.

Yes...those are just good defenses though. I don't see that as Ingram slowing down as much as just running into solid defenses, which I don't think another back is going to help with.

Edwards ran for 700+ and was a 5.3 ypa guy as backup...I just fail to see how another RB is going to improve that team significantly.

Here's the proper order of the AFC top 5........

1) Chiefs.......SB champs so they are #1

2) Ravens

3) Texans

4) Titans.......i really don't think the Bills could beat the Titans with their superb running game.

5) Bills......the only way the Bills are better than the Texans is by beating them and not giving up 20 points in the remaining 10 minutes of a playoff game

Saying the Bills are within the top 3 is asinine and irresponsible, however, a realistic look says we're top 5.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Rampage said:

That really isn't saying much considering the Dolphins have a rookie and New England has a guy that's taken one series of garbage time snaps. And you could argue Darnold is better than Allen. It's not so clear cut. Allen has better mobility but fumbles like crazy and is inaccurate. Darnold makes slightly worse decisions throwing the football but when he makes a good read it's more accurate.

decision making.  

that puts him on top of Darnold IMO. 

we’ve seen that gaudy stats don’t = success.  

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm more of a tier guy.  I think the Browns are going to be better than people think.

Tier 1 - Chiefs, Ravens

Tier 2 - Bills, Colts, Steelers, Browns, Titans

Tier 3 - Texans, Broncos, Patriots, Raiders, Jets, Chargers

Tier 4 - Dolphins, Bengals, Jaguars

It's accurate to rank the Bills as the 3rd best team in the AFC. And that is not likely to change over the next 4-5 years. The Colts, Steelers and possibly the Texans could be losing their veteran qb soon to retirement or FA. The Bills will have to figure out Lamar & Patrick in order to make a couple SB appearances. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Sweats said:

2) Ravens

3) Texans

4) Titans.......i really don't think the Bills could beat the Titans with their superb running game.

5) Bills......the only way the Bills are better than the Texans is by beating them and not giving up 20 points in the remaining 10 minutes of a playoff game

Saying the Bills are within the top 3 is asinine and irresponsible, however, a realistic look says we're top 5.

Texans top three lol

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Sweats said:

2) Ravens

3) Texans

We’re a playoff team.  For me to say we’re a contender... well, I have to see it on the field first. (mainly Allen showing us he’s the franchise) 

That said..... um, what?

Texans threw up all over themselves this offseason.  

Titans, whatever. Not even trying to engage this nonsense. 

Meanwhile, our young guys are a year older, our OL has a year of continuity and we added a **** ton of talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yes...those are just good defenses though. I don't see that as Ingram slowing down as much as just running into solid defenses, which I don't think another back is going to help with.

Edwards ran for 700+ and was a 5.3 ypa guy as backup...I just fail to see how another RB is going to improve that team significantly.

I think there was noticeably less pop in Ingram's legs late in the season. Part of it was defenses really honing in on taking the traditional running game away from them which made their offense a lot more 1 dimensional but I think there really was a need for a fresher pair of legs. 

• Like (+1) 1

The only team the Dolphins should be above is the Jaguars. This will be Flores first year where he has some roster turnover and the players will have a lot better understanding of the system he will be implementing on offense and defense. Regardless of player effort that Miami roster is needs a talent infusion.

I rank teams in 4 tiers. Tier 1 is playoff locks. Tier 2 is playoff favorites. Tier 3 have a decent shot at a wildcard. Tier 4 is no chance to make the playoffs.

Tier 1: Chiefs, Ravens

Tier 2: Bills, Steelers, Titans

Tier 3: Texans, Colts, Patriots, Browns, Broncos

Tier 4: Bengals, Jaguars, Chargers, Dolphins, Jets, Raiders

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I rank teams in 4 tiers. Tier 1 is playoff locks. Tier 2 is playoff favorites. Tier 3 have a decent shot at a wildcard. Tier 4 is no chance to make the playoffs.

Tier 1: Chiefs, Ravens

Tier 2: Bills, Steelers, Titans

Tier 3: Texans, Colts, Patriots, Browns, Broncos

Tier 4: Bengals, Jaguars, Chargers, Dolphins, Jets, Raiders

Think your tiers are pretty much right. Think the Browns and Broncos are better than Tennessee talent wise but agree they should win the South so that makes them a favourite. 

1. Ravens - best team in football (regardless of what happened in the playoffs) got better

2  Bills - #2 with a bullet :thumbsup:

3. Chiefs (props for getting a ring, but they won't see Texans and Titans in the playoffs this year)

4. Patriots - still can't count Belichick out

5. Steelers - all depends on Big Ben 

6. Colts - Frank Reich FTW

7. Raiders - 7 playoff teams this year? Gotta go with Vegas!:worthy:

8. Titans - meh

9. Texans - more meh

10. Broncos - more fun to watch than usual

11. Browns - still not ready for prime time

12. Jets - not fooled by the second half of last year

13. Dolphins - not fooled by the second half of last year 

13. Bengals - Burrow makes some noise by the end of the year

15. Chargers - poor ALynn

16. Jaguars -buh-bye Doug.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I think they will have more losses. Ol Ben will be back with that defense, and the browns got a lot better too. it’s tough for me to see LJ having another mvp year with all that slug fest going on in that division

I think Ben might be the biggest question mark of all next year. Wouldn’t be shocking if he’s not the guy.

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think there was noticeably less pop in Ingram's legs late in the season. Part of it was defenses really honing in on taking the traditional running game away from them which made their offense a lot more 1 dimensional but I think there really was a need for a fresher pair of legs. 

They were already the #1 rush attack and #2 wasn’t close. I don’t think another RB helps them improve at all. They need help at wideout and for Jackson to improve as a passer imo.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

They were already the #1 rush attack and #2 wasn’t close. I don’t think another RB helps them improve at all. They need help at wideout and for Jackson to improve as a passer imo.

I think they need that runner to maintain their rush game. I don't expect Ingram to be capable of another 220 odd touch season with the same efficiency. I think the point on receivers and Jackson is well taken but their overall roster is just so stacked and their passing game is going - by design - to be inside to out with tight ends and shifty slot guys. If Jackson is just the same again and the soft centre of their defense stiffens with Wolfe, Campbell, Madubuike, Queen and Harrison they are going to be an even tougher out. I think people expect a step back from Jackson as teams deploy more of the Bills - Titans plan to stop them. Part of which was slow the traditional run game and I think that is more difficult when they have another, younger, downhill runner to help spell Ingram. But I think they can afford Jackson to slide back a touch and still be a 12 win team. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I do understand it. You gotta beat the bully before you can say you stood up to him. If Brady was still there I would even subscribe to it. But he isn't. And they went from still a top 10 QB situation to the 32nd QB situation. That has to factor in. 

Not just their QB situation. They lost Van Noy, Collins, and Shelton. I also thought they had one of the weakest drafts in the league. And they still have no cap space to sign or trade for a QB. So I don't know how they'll score points. Their defense got worse, and it was already falling off at the end of last season. I stand by my prediction earlier this offseason. They have a bottom 5 roster that will win more games than it should because of Belichick. I debated putting them in my tier 4 because I don't know how they can possibly make the playoffs, but I also feel weird counting them out entirely.

Just now, HappyDays said:

Not just their QB situation. They lost Van Noy, Collins, and Shelton. I also thought they had one of the weakest drafts in the league. And they still have no cap space to sign or trade for a QB. So I don't know how they'll score points. Their defense got worse, and it was already falling off at the end of last season. I stand by my prediction earlier this offseason. They have a bottom 5 roster that will win more games than it should because of Belichick. I debated putting them in my tier 4 because I don't know how they can possibly make the playoffs, but I also feel weird counting them out entirely.

I know all the evidence points to them rolling with Stidham but I still think Dalton ends up there. Cut Sanu, extend Thuney and re-do a couple of bigger deals like Gilmore and they can make space. As I keep saying with New England this is a 1 year cap crunch... their cap situation in 2021 and 2022 is good. They can do some deals and kick the can some

7 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Miami is in for such a crappy ride. I'm guessing they go through at least 3 HC's before they can get the talent level back to a competitive level.

I strongly disagree, Brian Flores is a hell of a coach, he did a lot with very little. They are building a competitive roster and the players are buying in. Watch Miami take the division next year

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I strongly disagree, Brian Flores is a hell of a coach, he did a lot with very little. They are building a competitive roster and the players are buying in. Watch Miami take the division next year

Think 2020 is too soon for them. Some of the rookies they took are the high ceiling, but raw, variety. Particularly their left tackle. But I like Flores and Grier and I think the Dolphins are on the right lines. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I know all the evidence points to them rolling with Stidham but I still think Dalton ends up there. Cut Sanu, extend Thuney and re-do a couple of bigger deals like Gilmore and they can make space. As I keep saying with New England this is a 1 year cap crunch... their cap situation in 2021 and 2022 is good. They can do some deals and kick the can some

Spotrac says that with the projected salary spent on their draft picks, their cap space currently stands at -$6.1 million. That minus sign isn't a typo. They're literally in the negative. Cutting Sanu will put them just above $0. Dalton has a cap hit of $18 million this year. I have to think Newton would be around the same. The only scenario I see that happening is if they outright trade Thuney but that would make their roster worse and they'd be right against the salary cap with a mediocre roster. From a team building standpoint it makes more long term sense for them to roll with Stidham and start over next year.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Think 2020 is too soon for them. Some of the rookies they took are the high ceiling, but raw, variety. Particularly their left tackle. But I like Flores and Grier and I think the Dolphins are on the right lines. 

Miami’s biggest player is Tua. If he can stay healthy and become what most think and expect him to become then watch out. Chargers got the short end of the stick and will be looking for a new QB Mark my words

I would rank the AFC as this

1. KC 

2. BAL

3. BUF

4. CLE

5. IND

6. PIT

7. DEN

8. TEN

9. HOU

10. NE

11. MIA 

12. LVR

13. NYJ

14. JAX

15. CIN

KC must remain atop until someone knocks them off. I think Bills and Ravens are the only teams that could do it in the AFC.

Baltimore has a great roster, but I still question their offense and QB. Can be contender or a playoff failure once again.

For me, the question for the Bills is Allen and the Oline. Oline must be better and help the run game and give Allen better protection...especially when teams bring pressure. If they get those things, they can beat anyone..

I think most that were high on the Browns last year were a season off. They are loaded on both sides of the ball and have vastly improved the line, so Baker should play fairly well. Coaching will also be better.

Indy and Pit are veteran teams that have some talent and are well coached...should be in the hunt.

Denver is a possible threat that may be good on both sides of the ball.

MIA could possibly make some noise if Tua is who some think.

Nobody else is worthy of mentioning IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

Chargers are a sleeper I think. I’m not a Tyrod fan, but that defense is stacked and added Chris Harris and Kenneth Murray. Really good secondary etc. They have offensive weapons and added Trai Turner and Bryan Bulaga to thier offensive line. With Tyrod’s ability to protect the football, and their ability to run the ball with Ekeler, I think they have a shot to be sneaky good. Biggest issue for them is that they have no left tackle. I’m guessing they sign a Jason Peters or something to hold down the fort. People have them way too far down on the docket imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

2) Ravens

3) Texans

So you feel that the Texans team that barely beat the Bills in the playoffs that had Hopkins on it would beat the Bills again right now without Hopkins? I also think the Titans are taking a HUGE gamble on Tannehill repeating what he did last year. If he plays like (or slightly above) the Tannehill we saw before last year, they will struggle to make the playoffs 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Spotrac says that with the projected salary spent on their draft picks, their cap space currently stands at -$6.1 million. That minus sign isn't a typo. They're literally in the negative. Cutting Sanu will put them just above $0. Dalton has a cap hit of $18 million this year. I have to think Newton would be around the same. The only scenario I see that happening is if they outright trade Thuney but that would make their roster worse and they'd be right against the salary cap with a mediocre roster. From a team building standpoint it makes more long term sense for them to roll with Stidham and start over next year.

I agree with the bolded but am still not sure that is what they will do. Maybe I am wrong but my gut instinct is they are not accepting a year of not competing.

And my point on the cap situation is they have freedom to manipulate. They are not against the cap next year and the year after. They can make space for Dalton if they want him and then manipulate his deal as well because he has $0 in guarantees. 

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Chargers are a sleeper I think. I’m not a Tyrod fan, but that defense is stacked and added Chris Harris and Kenneth Murray. Really good secondary etc. They have offensive weapons and added Trai Turner and Bryan Bulaga to thier offensive line. With Tyrod’s ability to protect the football, and their ability to run the ball with Ekeler, I think they have a shot to be sneaky good. Biggest issue for them is that they have no left tackle. I’m guessing they sign a Jason Peters or something to hold down the fort. People have them way too far down on the docket imo. 

No left tackle. No quarterback. Not convinced by their culture. Tough division. I think they are in for a long hard season. 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Miami’s biggest player is Tua. If he can stay healthy and become what most think and expect him to become then watch out. Chargers got the short end of the stick and will be looking for a new QB Mark my words

Agree their biggest player is Tua. Just think they are another year away. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Maybe I am wrong but my gut instinct is they are not accepting a year of not competing.

They already conceded this by letting Brady go. Supposedly one of the reasons he left is that they didn't do enough to add offensive talent. For example they could have upped their offer to get Diggs if they really wanted to make a run. Instead they stood pat and doubled down by adding no receivers in the draft. They let Brady walk with a $13.5 million dead cap hit. That doesn't strike me as a team going all out to compete one last time. They're in rebuild mode. If they want to find a way to barely fit Andy Dalton into their cap space, I'll welcome that. It wouldn't really change my outlook on their season.

3 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

he SHOULD be better than mason and the duck guy. Both of those guys were ass

He should’ve retired, Bradshaw had the same injury and he retired. I guarantee he’s gonna get hurt again, I’m surprised they didn’t draft another QB

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

They already conceded this by letting Brady go. Supposedly one of the reasons he left is that they didn't do enough to add offensive talent. For example they could have upped their offer to get Diggs if they really wanted to make a run. Instead they stood pat and doubled down by adding no receivers in the draft. They let Brady walk with a $13.5 million dead cap hit. That doesn't strike me as a team going all out to compete one last time. They're in rebuild mode. If they want to find a way to barely fit Andy Dalton into their cap space, I'll welcome that. It wouldn't really change my outlook on their season.

Maybe. I think Brady was walking since last August. I don't think it had anything to do with talent I think it is about a relationship between he and Belichick that has been strained since Belichick considered going with Jimmy G three years ago and Brady asked Kraft to step in. To me if they go with what they have then unless Stidham is much better than anyone expects they win 6 games. I agree long term that is probably what they should do. Just not sure it is what they will do. With Dalton to me they are an 8 or 9 win team. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I guess we will see when they start playing the games.

• Like (+1) 1

1. Ravens

2. Chiefs

3. Steelers (assuming healthy Roethlisberger)

4. Bills

5. Broncos

6. Colts

7. Patriots(If Patriots sign Newton then move them to 5)

8. Titans

9. Browns

10. Texans

11. Raiders

12. Chargers

13. Jets

14. Dolphins

15. Bengals

16. Jags (If Jags sign Newton or Winston then they probably move as high as 11)

27 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

1. Ravens

2. Chiefs

4. Bills

5. Broncos

6. Colts

8. Titans

9. Browns

10. Texans

11. Raiders

12. Chargers

13. Jets

14. Dolphins

15. Bengals

How do you have the chargers ranked higher than Miami they don’t have a QB lol also pats are not signing Newton they don’t have any money they are negative in salary cap

7 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Everyone loves the Ravens here for some reason. They got curb stomped twice at home in the playoffs, once after a bye, another from a west team traveling East. Once is an accident. Two times is a real problem. 

And in between they went 14-2 and then have added really well to their roster. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

1. Ravens

2. Chiefs

4. Bills

5. Broncos

6. Colts

8. Titans

9. Browns

10. Texans

11. Raiders

12. Chargers

13. Jets

14. Dolphins

15. Bengals

The Patriots could have nearly anyone at QB and I wouldn’t put them top 5. A beat up Cam Newton doesn’t do it for me. The Patriots are going to be bad this year, best coach ever be dammed. 

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

The Patriots could have nearly anyone at QB and I wouldn’t put them top 5. A beat up Cam Newton doesn’t do it for me. The Patriots are going to be bad this year, best coach ever be dammed. 

I’ll consider Belichick the best coach in all of sports if he can win big with peterman, cheating or not. 

16 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

1. Chiefs (the champs)

2. Ravens 

3. Bills 

4. Steelers 

5. Broncos 

6. Titans

7. Texans

8. Patriots

9. Browns 

10. Colts 

11. Raiders

12. Jets

13. Dolphins 

14. Chargers 

15. Jaguars 

16. Bengals 

Dolphins are way too low. Better than the Pats and certainly better than the Jets. They will challenge us for the division.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I’m seeing MIAMI over 6 wins -145...giving them no more than 7. 

I see 9-10 wins for them. 6-7 wins is Under rating them, they have a better QB situation than the cheats and a better roster than the Jets