Rank the AFC Teams as of Now

2 hours ago, Process said:

You have the colts wayyy to low. They will be competing for the #2 seed, they are loaded and we'll coached. 

Ravens will take a big step back imo. A lot of QBs regress in year three, I expect that to be the case for Lamar. Still not sold on him as a QB.

Allen is dooooooomed then

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

The ones the QB checked into you mean? Gore was out there because he was the superior pass protector. Blame Beane for insisting on having a fella who was done on the roster. 

I'm not sure I'd pin that all on Beane.  McD determines the game day 53, and could easily not have had Gore dress.  Daboll didn't have to call sweep plays where Gore tried to go around the tackle.  I get that Gore had to get the ball sometime to keep the defense guessing, but Daboll gave him the ball too often from what I could tell.

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I'm not sure I'd pin that all on Beane.  McD determines the game day 53, and could easily not have had Gore dress.  Daboll didn't have to call sweep plays where Gore tried to go around the tackle.  I get that Gore had to get the ball sometime to keep the defense guessing, but Daboll gave him the ball too often from what I could tell.

Dabes called 4 Gore runs from memory. The others were checks. 

1. Chiefs

2. Bills

3. Steelers

4. Broncos

5. Patriots

6. Ravens

7. Texans

8. Titans

9. Browns 

10. Colts 

11. Raiders

12. Jets

13. Dolphins 

14. Chargers 

15. Bengals

16. Jaguars

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The Patriots are not going to just fade away without Brady. I see the Jets and NE as the teams that we will be fighting with for the division. It is very hard to draft top 10 talent and Miami got rid of a ton of very good players. I don't know how you can say Flores will be a good coach, he was basically a scout for the Patriots. He was never given the title of DC when Matt P left, I know Belicheat was calling that defense. Flores is a complete question mark, it appears that he has very little to zero play calling experience. If the Bills signed a HC with that resume I would be pissed off. I will make judgment on Flores after his first year of coaching but I don't see this lasting more than 3 years tops. The Bills, Jets and NE have such a talent and coaching advantage, I just don't see Miami having a chance.

The Pats have Stidham and Hoyer at QB. They have one really good OL'man. Michel looked pedestrian last year. They have no real threats on the outside. PEDelman is a year older and without Tommy Boy. They have two rookies they are going to depend on at TE. They still have Gilmore, but lost a lot of pieces on defense and the guys they did keep are a year further into their 30's. The reign is over. 

Now onto Flores. Did you see how he turned that team around last year in the 2nd half of the season with the limited talent on that roster? Those guys bought in and play for him like our team does for McDermott. I like the guy and think he will be a former Pats coach that endures sustained success. Adding Chan as OC, the pieces they did in FA, then the draft they had is only going to continue to build on that. If Tua turns out to be who I think he will, a lefty version of Russell Wilson, and stays healthy then they are really going to be knocking at the door in a couple of years. Once they build that chemistry then they will be right there with us. If I am not mistaken they also have 2 more 1st Round picks next year. 

The Jets do not have a talent edge on anyone in the AFC East really. Aside from the fact Gase is their coach, a guy whom the players do not really respect or trust, Darnold hasn't proven anything yet and Gase hasn't shown that he can actually develop a QB. Bell is another year older and an underachiever whom they tried to move last year. Mosely is a good player, but can he shake the injuries? Jamal Adams, the legit best player on their defense whom they also tried to trade, does he really want to be there? Yeah, they picked up Desir, but name another CB they have that is actually worth anything. They have Crowder at WR, no TE worth worrying about, a project they drafted in Mims, a suspect OL even still, will have to overpay for FA's because of how they have treated their own be it injured or otherwise, and they handed out some really stupid contracts. They are the epitome of a 7-9 team or worse, especially as long as they have Gase at the helm which is why I hope they keep him and waste 3 more years or so of Darnold's career.

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I do understand it. You gotta beat the bully before you can say you stood up to him. If Brady was still there I would even subscribe to it. But he isn't. And they went from still a top 10 QB situation to the 32nd QB situation. That has to factor in. 

Even if Brady was still there I’d believe that. We are looking at the 2020 Patriots. If you believe that they are good have them high. Just don’t say that are good because they were good. This year is all that matters. Personally I think that they are going to be 6-10. If someone feels the 2020 Patriots will be 14-2 have them at the top. That’s more of my point. I don’t think anyone believes in the spot that they have the Patriots. They just give the benefit of the doubt.

27 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Allen is dooooooomed then

A lot of QB’s look worse with (tape, time, big contracts) except ours, IMO.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, I hope you’re right on Fromm.

Baltimore, outside of maybe WR, is just a really good roster. They are big, physical and have players up and down the depth chart. I do think that their division is better across the board but they should still be there at the end. That division improvement though may prevent them from the bye. That is going to be a big advantage this year. If the Bills played last year’s schedule with this year’s team I may have them as the favorite to land the bye. 

If the Browns/Bengals/Steelers can steal 2-3 games, the bye will be up for grabs.

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Even if Brady was still there I’d believe that. We are looking at the 2020 Patriots. If you believe that they are good have them high. Just don’t say that are good because they were good. This year is all that matters. Personally I think that they are going to be 6-10. If someone feels the 2020 Patriots will be 14-2 have them at the top. That’s more of my point. I don’t think anyone believes in the spot that they have the Patriots. They just give the benefit of the doubt.

Brady on that roster still wins double digit games. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is slowly becoming a pet peeve of mine. Why does every team get evaluated on who they are today but the Patriots get evaluated on who they’ve been for 20 years? If you think we are better we should be higher than them. 

The Hoodie is still there and he’s had McD’s number.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree. They had a really strong draft too. They have talent and depth. I thought that they may take a 1/2 step back this year but changed my mind again after this weekend. They really are loaded.

How does another RB make their offense any better, though? 

5 hours ago, MJS said:

I'd drop the Browns one slot and potentially the Dolphins one slot.

What do people see in the Broncos? I would put them at 10. They went 7-9 last year and why should we expect them to be better? Do people have a lot of confidence in Drew Lock?

No, but I have a lot of confidence with the talent that is surrounding Lock. If Lock plays well, Denver will have a strong offense.

47 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

How does another RB make their offense any better, though? 

Ingram was slowed down more towards the second half of the year, which proved to be the key to beating them. San Fran, The Bills, and the Titans shut him down, and it’s not a coincidence those were some of the closest games they played all year. Losses, in regards to the Titans.

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Doc, nice take, but the Browns haven’t proven anything, and last year in the off season, talking heads were placing 5em in the AFC Championship game.  I agree the Colts should ascend this year, and the Texans looks like they will go back down.  If the Titans play like they did at the end of the year, they will be a serious contender.

I know but I like their coaching staff, their upgrades on the o-line, and it's a better offensive system that's more dedicated to the run (Chubb and Hunt) which should open up large plays down the field to OBJ and Landry.  Their defense is above average.  Signing Keenum as a backup QB was also a smart move.  It's hard to argue that personnel wise they aren't as good as us.

• Like (+1) 2

As it stands, Josh Allen will be the best quarterback in the division now that Tom Brady is no longer in New England, and Allen gives the Bills the best chance to win now. And the Bills acted on their weakness in the passing game by adding two big wide receivers in Gabriel Davis out of Central Florida in the fourth round and Oregon State’s Isaiah Hodgins in the sixth round.

After all, when your wide receivers are so small they are called “The Smurfs,” there was motivation to go big in this draft.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/curtisrush/2020/04/26/buffalo-bills-get-solid-grades-for-performance-in-nfl-draft/

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

As it stands, Josh Allen will be the best quarterback in the division now that Tom Brady is no longer in New England, and Allen gives the Bills the best chance to win now. And the Bills acted on their weakness in the passing game by adding two big wide receivers in Gabriel Davis out of Central Florida in the fourth round and Oregon State’s Isaiah Hodgins in the sixth round.

After all, when your wide receivers are so small they are called “The Smurfs,” there was motivation to go big in this draft.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/curtisrush/2020/04/26/buffalo-bills-get-solid-grades-for-performance-in-nfl-draft/

That really isn't saying much considering the Dolphins have a rookie and New England has a guy that's taken one series of garbage time snaps. And you could argue Darnold is better than Allen. It's not so clear cut. Allen has better mobility but fumbles like crazy and is inaccurate. Darnold makes slightly worse decisions throwing the football but when he makes a good read it's more accurate.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, RealKayAdams said:

1. Chiefs

2. Ravens

3. Bills

4. Titans

5. Patriots

6. Texans

7. Steelers

8. Browns

9. Broncos

10. Colts

11. Raiders

12. Chargers

13. Dolphins

14. Jets

15. Bengals

16. Jaguars

Agree with this kay. Only part I think Dolphins should be ahead of Broncos. Colts should be number 7.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

That really isn't saying much considering the Dolphins have a rookie and New England has a guy that's taken one series of garbage time snaps. And you could argue Darnold is better than Allen. It's not so clear cut. Allen has better mobility but fumbles like crazy and is inaccurate. Darnold makes slightly worse decisions throwing the football but when he makes a good read it's more accurate.

Allen and Darnold both have shown promise but have to prove they’re the franchise guy this year.  

Most Bills fans would rather have Allen and most Jets fans would rather have Darnold.  

What should be noted is that our offense was trash around Allen last year.  It was a step up from dumpster fire his rookie year.  Average OL, rookie RB, elderly RB, rookie TE, a #2 WR and a Slot WR.  That’s what he had around him.  

I, for one, expect Allen to ball out this year.  He’s always going to do frustrating things from time to time, but his talent is undeniable.  

• Like (+1) 2