RD 2, Pick 54: DE AJ Epenesa, University of Iowa

SDS

Just now, RyanC883 said:

so you spend a 2nd on a backup DE??

Dobbins is better than Motor, and you need two RB’s today. 

Taking a limited ceiling guy like we did is awful.  

Backup to who? You have not need 2 high draft picks when you need to throw the ball more... Come in man learn how to play 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Why pass up on elite offensive talent, for a guy who’s barely a edge rusher lol

terrible pick with who was on the board. Really disappointed with Beane 

Crazy wrong- all 3 bleacher report guys raved over the pick. First player I’ve seen A+ ratings on. They said 1st round value in 2nd round and will be better than Lawson was last year in his 1st year

On 4/19/2020 at 3:47 PM, NewEra said:

If DE is our biggest need why’d you draft us a LB? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RyanC883 said:

so you spend a 2nd on a backup DE??

Dobbins is better than Motor, and you need two RB’s today. 

Taking a limited ceiling guy like we did is awful.  

You can get a decent RB ot WR in the 3rd.  It’s harder to get DE later in a draft.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

LOL. Allen, Edmunds, Oliver, Knox, Epenesa, Ford were all need picks.  The only one that may have not been a need was Singletary.  

Well I'm not talking about Allen or Edmunds.... but Oliver, Ford, Knox, Joseph and Jaquan Johnson were all top 6 of the best left on my big board last year at the point the Bills took them. And Epenesa was 4th this year.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

fills a need. not a flashy offensive pick like I wanted but tremendous value to get him at 54 when most mocks had us getting him at 21

Agreed, its not flashy and we had to wait so long for a pick but he can start and make a difference immediately. You could prematurely say our first 2 picks are starters and Diggs is no doubt a game changer. Good draft so far

I’m good with it.  Admit I was hoping for Dobbins, but the drop off from Dobbins to RD3/4 RBs is nothing compared to the drop off from Epenesa to RD3/4 DL. 

For a DL that relies on a strong, talented, versatile rotation over an elite player or two and some filler, AJ makes a lot of sense. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

LOL. Allen, Edmunds, Oliver, Knox, Epenesa, Ford were all need picks.  The only one that may have not been a need was Singletary.  

If you're saying Oliver wasn't BPA last year then please spare us from any of your draft opinions.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1