RD 2, Pick 54: DE AJ Epenesa, University of Iowa

SDS

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

DE is one of the hardest positions to play in the NFL, whereas RBs can transition right away. Too early.

AJ was also a pick to have an impact 2 to 3 seasons in not a guy brought in to contribute right away. Going into the draft the DE position was 3 older players and AJ was an attempt to get someone younger waiting in the wings. A RB like Dobbins might have had more year one impact but wouldn't have been the difference as I think Moss is a similar talent and the RB position wasn't the reason the Bills lost to the Chiefs.

On 2/13/2021 at 9:07 AM, GunnerBill said:

Yea I might go a tad more on the backs because even in some of the plays on that cover 1 video that they put on the line there are holes there, however, fleeting and the reason they close so fast is not just the line not holding up but also the backs not having the burst. I'd definitely go run blocking #1, the backs #2 and scheme #3 in my order of blame. 

Yes there are holes there. Granted they're not gaping but big enough for a quality rb to get thru. If you watch Devin he starts shimmying Immediately upon receiving the handoff.  Kinda like Spiller but without the speed. I don't know if Moss will be better than Singletary or if Beane considers a faster RB but you definitely can't put all the blame on the line.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Agree 1