Any chance Tua lands in New England?

Sorry if this is being floated/debunked elsewhere, I’ve scoured the many draft threads and haven’t seen it.  But it’s been keeping me up at night.

Let’s assume the rumors of Miami preferring Herbert are true, and I’m starting to think they are.  What happens to Tua?  Conventional wisdom says that he doesn’t make it past the Chargers.  Which makes sense - they have a need at the position, and he’d be a big name “get” for marketing purposes (including cross-marketing to the Pacific Islander population of SoCal and Hawaii).  But what if the Bolts pass, or take Jordan Love?  Then what?  Where does Tua end up, how far does he slide?  Does Jacksonville take him at 9?  Or, does what has been keeping me up at night come to pass - does New England find a way to get him?  BB and Saban are buddies and I’m sure New England has all the intel they need to make an informed decision - he fits their biggest need and his off-the-charts processing speed would fit perfectly into that offense.

Could this actually happen??

• Like (+1) 1

Who cares? Why are some so concerned about them?

It's like too many people around here have grown up as the little brother that was picked on by the Patatriots and are constantly scared of them even though they are about to become irrelevant. 

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, DJB said:

It's like too many people around here have grown up as the little brother that was picked on by the Patatriots and are constantly scared of them even though they are about to become irrelevant. 

I definitely do not want the Patriots to find a good young QB.  They are too well coached.  That being said, I have no idea how good Tua will be.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, DJB said:

The Bills have been that proverbial little brother, slapped around by a combination of great coach who arguably made a great QB. Until the Bills prove that they have built  a bigger bully, do you truly not care of a redux ?

I remember when I thought NE made a huge mistake in dropping Bledsoe for some unknown guy named Brady......I truly have no idea what they plan for QB, but yeah, they still scare me.....I'll believe the evil empire demise when I see it.

• Like (+1) 1

New England won’t jump that high to get him. 
All the leaks on failed interviews or injury stuff is just draft talk. Someone is gonna jump and grab him high and New England probably doesn’t have to ammo for that and I don’t see why they would. They’re an aging team that needs an influx of youth they need those draft picks and need them to hit to compete.

Dolphins, Chargers, Panthers, Jaguars, Raiders

All these teams pick at least once (a couple pick twice) before the Patriots are on board.

Anything is possible, but the Patriots would probably need to package multiple 1st Rounders from future years to get high enough.

2 hours ago, DJB said:

Brady was terrible last year and the Bills still lost to them twice.  Don't get me wrong.  Their dynasty was 80% Brady and 20% Belichick.  But until McD proves he can beat the Patriots they are still in the conversation.

I think in the end they will sign Cam Newton and challenge the Bills well into December for the division title.  Bills have a very difficult schedule but so do the Patriots.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DJB said:

Could not agree more. Winners focus on winning. Losers focus on winners. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Blackkat19 said:

Get a life will ya. lol. Worrying about stuff you  can't control will cause  health issues that can be a lot more serious than Tua going to New England. Stay safe and healthy to you and all your family and friends. 

"Get a life?"  You're telling someone who has posted on this site for years, and years, has racked up almost 13,000 posts, studies football religiously, and shares his knowledge, and opinions with the rest of us to "stop worrying about stuff you can't control?"  Why even come on a site like this? Are you a troll, or what?

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Is Belichick even that good at drafting guys? They've picked more than their fair share of duds. People treat them like geniuses for taking Brady when everyone else passed on him but NE passed on him 5 times.

I don't know of anyone who think they're geniuses for Brady.  Everyone pretty much acknowledges Brady was complete luck for them.