Gregg Rosenthal is a basic shill of a Patriots Fan

This guy has always pissed me off but this GM ranking is next level. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001109659/article/nfl-gm-power-rankings-brett-veach-john-lynch-surge-up-list

To sum it all up, he has BB as the number one GM in the league. The guy who just pissed away a hall of fame QB, has his old team in cap hell, and lost many many starters in free agency. 

That's just completely blind homerism and it's pretty embarrassing that NFL.com is letting that go out there. 

Beane ranked 12th is probably fine, but it's hard to argue that the Falcons and Rams are better managed right now than Bills... 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Followed shortly thereafter by the Rams, in my opinion. 

Meh I think the Rams issues are slightly overestimated myself. They still have a top 15 roster. I wasn't enamoured with their coaching last year but McVay did seem to finally adjust once the season was dead. Will be interesting to see how they go. 

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Belichick is the best coach in NFL history. He is NOT, in my estimation, a great GM.

I think he is a pretty good GM. Great? No. But I think that run he had where he built the 2nd dynasty team was some excellent drafting. Best? No. Top 10 or thereabouts? Yep. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Meh I think the Rams issues are slightly overestimated myself. They still have a top 15 roster. I wasn't enamoured with their coaching last year but McVay did seem to finally adjust once the season was dead. Will be interesting to see how they go. 

I think their roster is a decent one, it's their future that is bleak. They're pressed to the cap, have no future draft assets, have more big contracts coming up, and have a lack of depth and talent across the map. They're top heavy to the extreme and we've already seen them have to dump guys to adjust. Trading what they did for Ramsey was completely idiotic I think. 

Plus, they're going to be held back by their QB and his giant contract going forward. 

Just now, whatdrought said:

I think their roster is a decent one, it's their future that is bleak. They're pressed to the cap, have no future draft assets, have more big contracts coming up, and have a lack of depth and talent across the map. They're top heavy to the extreme and we've already seen them have to dump guys to adjust. Trading what they did for Ramsey was completely idiotic I think. 

Plus, they're going to be held back by their QB and his giant contract going forward. 

So I like Goff more than most. Maybe that influences my view. Yes, they don't have a lot in future assets but until that manifests itself in a bad roster not sure it matters. If they can get an OL and a running back with their two 2nd rounders then there is every chance they are a playoff team again in 2020. Though they play in the toughest division in football it must be said. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he is a pretty good GM. Great? No. But I think that run he had where he built the 2nd dynasty team was some excellent drafting. Best? No. Top 10 or thereabouts? Yep. 

Fair enough. I always felt like sometimes he got too cute with the trade-downs and the “smartest guy in the room” routine. Felt like he left some really good talent on the board at times that wound up costing him in the playoffs. Obviously, he won 6 titles as a head coach, so who am I to question his team building? I maintain that, if paired with a proper GM with whom he worked well throughout his career, he might have won 7 or 8 titles,instead. It’s unknowable, of course.

He does have some weird blind spots (all GMs do), like 2nd round defensive backs and wide receivers in general. His selection of Harry just last year, for instance, over guys like A.J. Brown and DK Metcalf and Mecole Hardman stands out.

Overall, I’d agree with you. A good, but not GREAT GM.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Fair enough. I always felt like sometimes he got too cute with the trade-downs and the “smartest guy in the room” routine. Felt like he left some really good talent on the board at times that wound up costing him in the playoffs. Obviously, he won 6 titles as a head coach, so who am I to question his team building? I maintain that, if paired with a proper GM with whom he worked well throughout his career, he might have won 7 or 8 titles,instead. It’s unknowable, of course.

He does have some weird blind spots (all GMs do), like 2nd round defensive backs and wide receivers in general. His selection of Harry just last year, for instance, over guys like A.J. Brown and DK Metcalf and Mecole Hardman stands out.

Yea he had a real bald patch drafting in the mid 00s and then has again the last few years. His peak drafting came 2009-2015ish when he was working with Bob Quinn who has been mainly unspectacular in Detroit as the head man but that combo seemed to work for New England. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001109659/article/nfl-gm-power-rankings-brett-veach-john-lynch-surge-up-list

To sum it all up, he has BB as the number one GM in the league. The guy who just pissed away a hall of fame QB, has his old team in cap hell, and lost many many starters in free agency. 

That's just completely blind homerism and it's pretty embarrassing that NFL.com is letting that go out there. 

Beane ranked 12th is probably fine, but it's hard to argue that the Falcons and Rams are better managed right now than Bills... 

B-word?

Belligerent (to any one in press which questions his injury reports)

Boisterous? (18-1)

Bastard? (too obvious)

Bashful? (too bashful to speak about all the cheating)

Baffling? (as in baffling how he gets some calls)

Brittle, Brackish, Bonkers, etc.

What is your favorite?

18 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Jeez calm down. Why read these people when you know ahead of time their biases? 

There is another one for Billicheat - Biased.

58 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

1.  These so called experts are as bored as everyone else right now and have to do something to generate discussion.

2.  Belicheat is a terrible GM.

3.  Beane is a rising superstar among the GM ranks.  Ranking him 12th is a clueless joke.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Beane should be in the high single digits and trending upwards...maybe like 8 or 9 right now trending towards top 5.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I don’t mean to be a critic but....he just had one of the most successful 20 year runs of any GM in sports history.....I think he’s justified in his grade until his team fails.   

All but the (yet another) shot at Josh, his analysis is fair on Beane. 

With that said, WTH has Les Snead ever done to warrant a top 10 ranking? Guy is the definition of mediocre. Guy is something like 68 and 66 all time as Rams GM. Sure, he’s hit on a few draft picks. Everyone is capable of nailing a few. But the guys roster building strategies are questionable at best. 

Edit: 64 and 63 all time as Rams GM. ?

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 1

BB is a GENIUS COACH.

He is also the most overrated GM of all time.

What GM wouldn't love the following?

1) GOAT QB

2) GOAT QB taking less money every year to allow for a better roster

3) FA's taking less money to play w/ GOAT QB

4) FA's making NE their #1 destination to play w/ GOAT QB

5) GOAT QB makes players better than they are

BB's drafts are consistently middlin'.  There was a ranking where his 2nd round picks over the past 5 years (someone actually ranked that) were in the bottom 5.

We'll see how great of a GM he is without Brady. Give me a break.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I also felt he got too cute....and then he won another SB.  And then another.  It’s really hard to grade him as a GM and not intertwine him as a coach.  He made moves based on what he needed as a coach.  We’d all criticize him.  And then we’d see him in the super bowl again.

while he might not be the best GM, it’s really hard to say anyone is better until they actually sustain just some the success he has.  Veach has been amazing.  No question. Now he has to sustain it for a bit.  I feel that “best GM” is tough title to hand out.

jmo of course.  We’ve never seen a team dominate for this long.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Not back then doc.  That’s when, after 2 or 3 SB wins you said they wouldn’t win another.

Not back then?  So he could have only won them with Brady?  OK.

And my bad.  Didn't realize how much cheating was involved.

• Haha (+1) 1

I am in a pool with 100 others.  Each week we pick the winners of each game, straight up, no spreads involved. 

In week 17 last season I was hopelessly out of the running for a top ten placing.  My only hope was to be the weekly winner in week 17 which pays $75 which would cover my $50 entry fee but more importantly would put my name at the top of the weekly results e-mail and generate jealousy among my brothers and friends.  

I came across Gregg Rosenthal's column on nfl.com.  I used all his choices in the games that he had an opinion on.  

I had 14 winners out of 16 games and won the week.

I love Gregg Rosenthal.  I am a hopelessly biased Bills fan just like the rest of you but money and glory come first. 

Edited by Arcjim
omitted word
  • Like (+1) 1

Honestly, I think Dimitroff, Snead and Pace are the bottom 3 not named O’Brien.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

No surprise.   He ranked McD as the worst coaching hire in 2017. 

I doubt he'd fess up to that today, though...

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2017/01/buffalo_bills_hiring_of_sean_mcdermott_ranked_as_worst_coaching_hire_by_nflcom.html

Let’s tweet at him and hold him accountable!!

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

It’s really difficult to split his role as a GM from his role as a coach. He’s taken the Pats* to 9 Super Bowls, 13 AFC championship, and 16 divisional titles. 

He’s doing a very good job of finding guys to do things he wants them to do or be. His WR picks have been particularly bad. But I’m not gonna call a guy who put together a roster with those kind of numbers “meh”. He’s done a great job with the Pats*. And it hurts to say that. 

14 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

he puts the rosters together and has 9 super bowl appearances. so yea he's also the best gm. 

BB and Brady, in both of their primes, could have probably gone to 80% of the rosters in the league and contended for a SB.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Belichick is the best coach in NFL history. He is NOT, in my estimation, a great GM.

I don’t want to imagine if he were good at drafting! 

I wonder if he’d like Chandler Jones or Garoppolo back right about now? 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

You couldn't have been more on point on this.  They did a bunch of stupid things to take a run at the Super Bowl.  IMHO they had been on a decent trajectory to be competitive and then they tried to jump the timeline.  As you clearly laid out, they have a screwed up roster and are in cap hell.  I can't imagine that the owner can be happy about opening a new stadium with a team that may finish fourth in their division...........and the little genius believes that the Rams are in better shape than the Bills.  

15 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

You couldn't have been more on point on this.  They did a bunch of stupid things to take a run at the Super Bowl.  IMHO they had been on a decent trajectory to be competitive and then they tried to jump the timeline.  As you clearly laid out, they have a screwed up roster and are in cap hell.  I can't imagine that the owner can be happy about opening a new stadium with a team that may finish fourth in their division...........and the little genius believes that the Rams are in better shape than the Bills.  

I didn't bother with the click-bait.  So Rosenthal thinks that the Rams are in better shape than the Bills? 

?

6 hours ago, Limeaid said:

B-word?

Belligerent (to any one in press which questions his injury reports)

Boisterous? (18-1)

Bastard? (too obvious)

Bashful? (too bashful to speak about all the cheating)

Baffling? (as in baffling how he gets some calls)

Brittle, Brackish, Bonkers, etc.

What is your favorite?

There is another one for Billicheat - Biased.

the fact you’ve been running this same routine for soooo long here is admirable. But it wasn’t funny on day 1, still not funny now. Keep at it though, i’m sure someone’s gonna give you that big break any day now...........

12 hours ago, whatdrought said:

While I do think Brady was an awful lot of the reason the Pats did so well over the years, I find it hard to argue with Belichick at #1 with his record of success. And I hate the guy, and think  they cheat.

But with his record I think it's hard to argue.

To put a terrific lineup out there for so very long with low low draft picks in each round is a great achievement.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 1