Gregg Rosenthal is a basic shill of a Patriots Fan

10 hours ago, Mango said:

It’s really difficult to split his role as a GM from his role as a coach. He’s taken the Pats* to 9 Super Bowls, 13 AFC championship, and 16 divisional titles. 

He’s doing a very good job of finding guys to do things he wants them to do or be. His WR picks have been particularly bad. But I’m not gonna call a guy who put together a roster with those kind of numbers “meh”. He’s done a great job with the Pats*. And it hurts to say that. 

Well said as I can’t stand the guy, but he continues to find a way to win.  We’ll see if he can do it post Brady.  I’d say he’ll rely on defense and the run game, but that is to be seen as they lost some stars on defense.  Philly was a good pick toward the top as well as NO.  If I were a Saints fan ( and I’m not ), I’d be frustrated as they have been knocking on the door for the last three years.   They have an enormously talented team and well coached.  Brees doesn’t get even close the recognition he deserves.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not back then doc.  That’s when, after 2 or 3 SB wins you said they wouldn’t win another.

In Doc’s defense, Patriot’s last three SB wins were over Seahawks a gift, may have been stupidest play ever called, Falcons, may have been stupidest series of plays ever called and the Rams, who just weren’t any good.

20 minutes ago, chris heff said:

In Doc’s defense, Patriot’s last three SB wins were over Seahawks a gift, may have been stupidest play ever called, Falcons, may have been stupidest series of plays ever called and the Rams, who just weren’t any good.

I hope one day, people can nit pick 3 of our SBs and say why we got “lucky .”

breaking news.  People tend to give super successful people a lot of credit! 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Rams had the #2 Offense in scoring and yards.  They won 13 games.  They beat the 13 win Saints to get to the SB.  Nice try.

The Seahawks were reigning SB champs.  Went 12-4 to return to the SB.  Sure it was a questionable call.  But the D still had to create the INT.  If you rewatch that play, Bulter made a great catch despite the receiver having position and a collision at the point of the catch.  That gets dropped more often then not and Sehawks have two more tries to punch it in.

Atlanta collapsed no doubt, but NE still had to score all those points.  It wasn't a couple of freak plays.

No flukes there.  doc said they were done years before...only to watch 6 more SB appearances and 3 wins over the next 14 years.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Rams had the #2 Offense in scoring and yards.  They won 13 games.  They beat the 13 win Saints to get to the SB.  Nice try.

The Seahawks were reigning SB champs.  Went 12-4 to return to the SB.  Sure it was a questionable call.  But the D still had to create the INT.  If you rewatch that play, Bulter made a great catch despite the receiver having position and a collision at the point of the catch.  That gets dropped more often then not and Sehawks have two more tries to punch it in.

Atlanta collapsed no doubt, but NE still had to score all those points.  It wasn't a couple of freak plays.

No flukes there.  doc said they were done years before...only to watch 6 more SB appearances and 3 wins over the next 14 years.

Okay so the Rams were good except in that SB.

”the D still had to create the INT”? There can’t be an INT if you just hand the ball to Lynch.

On last series all Atlanta has to do is run the ball, but no they panicked.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

And like I said, I didn't know about the cheating at the time.  Although I knew something was up.

Hmmm....what did you think was up?

1 hour ago, chris heff said:

Okay so the Rams were good except in that SB.

”the D still had to create the INT”? There can’t be an INT if you just hand the ball to Lynch.

On last series all Atlanta has to do is run the ball, but no they panicked.

NE wasn't "good" in that SB either.

Yes, it was a great Defensive play, not a gimme (watch it again).  We've already agreed that running might have been better.  So what?

"Last series"?  The Falcons were up 28-3 halfway through the 3rd Q...…...

Belichick excels at trading. He's never been that great at drafting, but I suppose that's tough when you are usually picking in the high 20's or even in the 30's.

But there have been plenty of times over the past couple decades where I've seen the return for a pats trade and thought "WTF!? Why do GM's let the Patriots rob them all the time?"