TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!

Virgil

Sorry guys, it was nice out here in KC and I had to stain my deck.

With the 101st pick of the 2020 NFL draft, the Seattle Seahawks select Willie Gay Jr LB - Mississippi st

Gm - Plain and simple our LBs now aren't getting any younger and if u haven't seen we are trying to rebuild our def.

@billspro an steelers are on the clock 

6 hours ago, Logic said:

@Virgil, this may have already been said in the thread somewhere, but when are you tentatively planning to start the next mock draft? Wanna make sure I don't miss out.

Looking at around Thursday and only two rounds, mainly because trades make it take longer and this one is now going on 8 days....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think you might need to get stricter with folks. 

This has honestly been the smoothest one we’ve done.  I’ve only needed to make 3 picks for people. 

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Is that including the one I gave you or excluding? 

Excluding.  But that didn’t slow us down. 

The only thing slowing us down is that some people are pushing the 4 hours.  I’m tempted to make it 2 hours per pick.  

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The only thing slowing us down is that some people are pushing the 4 hours.  I’m tempted to make it 2 hours per pick.  

Include who is on the clock and who is on deck in the post format maybe? Doesn't help if they aren't around at all, but might help otherwise? 

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

You have done an outstanding job Virgil. Been a really good exercise. 

27 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Include who is on the clock and who is on deck in the post format maybe? Doesn't help if they aren't around at all, but might help otherwise? 

Well, I've thought about DMing people who are up that haven't logged in for over 4 hours.  Those are the ones that usually end up pushing the envelope.  like now.  Billspro hasn't made a pick so far and hasn't logged in since Wednesday.

The Pittsburgh Steelers select, Gabriel Davis, WR, UCF. 

GM - Wide Receiver was one of our biggest needs in this draft and we are thrilled to have someone of Davis' value be there for us.  We had to check the board to make sure he was still available.  We've been able to bring in two quality offensive talents this draft and consider this draft to be a huge success.

The Eagles @whatdrought are on the clock

Edited by Virgil

With the 103rd Pick, the Philadelphia Eagles select, Devin Duvernay, WR from Texas.

We’ve done a huge job shoring up our defense, and now we need weapons for Wentz. We have JAW’s (hopefully healthy and able to produce) as our X replacement for Jeffery, we have Greg Ward as a slot. Duvernay gives us a speed threat and deep ball runner while also adding some versatility ala Debo Samuel. Probably a bit early for him, but there’s been a bit of a run and I value the speed here. 

Our top 3: 

Patrick Queen, LB, LSU

Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois

Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas

Not a bad haul if I do say so. 

That would put @Paulus and the bad logo Rams on the board.

As for the pace of the draft, I apologize if I’ve slown anything down- it’s actually harder for me being out of the office these days as I’m less plugged in, also, I was helping my parents move all weekend which was a very time consuming deal! If we do another I’ll try to be more plugged in!

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

The only thing slowing us down is that some people are pushing the 4 hours.  I’m tempted to make it 2 hours per 

First, thank you for putting this together. It's not an easy task. I think the 4 hours is too long. You may have 10 picks in 4 hours or none. If you make a pick and your next pick is 32 picks from now, it's hard to potentially plan for 1-2 days from now. I've done this twice but was never involved in a trade. Trades add a new level of complexity and would probably make it even harder to do with a shortened time frame. Maybe do it over 1-2 days max and shorten the interval. If your not there to pick, you get skipped. Just a thought, but you know better than I.

Edited by turftoe
  • Like (+1) 1

I agree 2 hour limit, and turn ur notifications on.  I just couldnt get to it yesterday, i have sun and no rain for 2 days so i needed to stain the deck.  Didnt get done til 10pm.  Sorry for holding it up last night.  But it was the first thing i did this morning when i was paying homage to the porcelain gods

• Haha (+1) 1

Jalen Hurts

Schools: Alabama, Oklahoma

Position: RB

Rams finally find value at the RB position. Mcvay plans on using Hurts in various gadget packages and to keep a fire under Goff. Hurts will eventually land the Rams a 2d round pick in the 2022 draft when Hurts is traded to a QB needy team after starting 3 games for an injured Goff in 2021.

@turftoe

Edited by Paulus

25 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Jalen Hurts

Schools: Alabama, Oklahoma

Position: RB

Rams finally find value at the RB position. Mcvay plans on using Hurts in various gadget packages and to keep a fire under Goff. Hurts will eventually land the Rams a 2d round pick in the 2022 draft when Hurts is traded to a QB needy team after starting 3 games for an injured Goff in 2021.

@turftoe

QB

With the 106th pick in the 2020 NFL draft the Baltimore Ravens select, Lynn Bowden Jr., WR, Kentucky.

This pick makes sense in a ton of ways due to Bowden's versatility. Not only do we add another receiving option, who can be groomed to replace Snead, but we get a guy we can scheme for now due to his open field ability and the added dimension he brings as a runner. Bubble screens, reverses, end arounds, quick slants, quick outs, just get the ball to him and let him go to work. Roman will find ways to get the ball in this young man's hands. It also gives the defense someone else they have to account for, whether it be pass or run, so it will open up things even more. 

1. Cesar Ruiz / C / Michigan

2a. Julian Okwara / DE / Notre Dame

2b. Cam Akers / RB / Florida St.

3a. Jordyn Brooks / LB / Texas Tech

3b. Lynn Bowden Jr / WR / Kentucky

This would be a good first two days of the draft for the Baltimore Ravens. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

So the Pats came away with 

1st - Justin Herbert, QB

3rd - Hunter Bryant, TE

3rd - Matt Peart, OT/OG

3rd - James Lynch, DE/DT

And still have a ton of 4-7 picks.  I think they would be very happy with this haul and seems very BB like (minus no trades as not allowed)

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So the Pats came away with 

1st - Justin Herbert, QB

3rd - Hunter Bryant, TE

3rd - Matt Peart, OT/OG

3rd - James Lynch, DE/DT

And still have a ton of 4-7 picks.  I think they would be very happy with this haul and seems very BB like (minus no trades as not allowed)

I hope they are all trash

• Haha (+1) 2

Right so @Kirby Jackson asked for top 10 remaining. Here are the top 10 that would be remaining on my board (as currently constituted and a few re-checks to do but I don't expect big changes on my board between now and draft day it is mostly fixed):

1. Darryl Williams, IOL, Mississippi State (#51 on my board, 2nd round grade)

2. John Simpson, IOL, Clemson (#64 on my board, 2nd/3rd borderline)

3. Bryce Huff, Edge, Memphis (#72 on my board, 3rd round grade)

4. Solomon Kindley, IOL, Georgia (#78 on my board, 3rd round grade)

5. Bryce Hopkins, TE, Purdue (#81 on my board, 3rd round grade)

6. Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming (#82 on my board, 3rd round grade)

7. Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota (#85 on my board, 3rd round grade)

8. Anfernee Jennings, LB, Alabama (#87 on my board, 3rd round grade)

9. Julian Blackmon, S, Utah (#89 on my board, 3rd round grade)

10. Alex Highsmith, DE, Charlotte (#90 on my board, 3rd round grade)

Which is pretty common with most drafts that by the end of round 3 I only have a select group of players on my board with 1st or 2nd round grades but there is a divergence more as you get into the 3rd because that is where you start to get into guys who are more specific fits for schemes etc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

And based on a composite of the rankings of Matt Miller, McShay, NFL Tracker, SI, and TDN, the top remaining players are:

1. Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton

2. Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming 

3. Van Jefferson, WR, Florida 

4. Darrell Taylor, EDGE, Tennessee 

5. Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue

6. John Simpson, G, Clemson 

7. Damien Lewis, G, LSU

8. Saahdiq Charles, OT, LSU

9. Jason Strowbridge, DL, UNC 

10. Anfernee Jennings, EDGE, Alabama 

• Like (+1) 3

52 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Right so @Kirby Jackson asked for top 10 remaining. Here are the top 10 that would be remaining on my board (as currently constituted and a few re-checks to do but I don't expect big changes on my board between now and draft day it is mostly fixed):

1. Darryl Williams, IOL, Mississippi State (#51 on my board, 2nd round grade)

2. John Simpson, IOL, Clemson (#64 on my board, 2nd/3rd borderline)

3. Bryce Huff, Edge, Memphis (#72 on my board, 3rd round grade)

4. Solomon Kindley, IOL, Georgia (#78 on my board, 3rd round grade)

5. Bryce Hopkins, TE, Purdue (#81 on my board, 3rd round grade)

6. Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming (#82 on my board, 3rd round grade)

7. Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota (#85 on my board, 3rd round grade)

8. Anfernee Jennings, LB, Alabama (#87 on my board, 3rd round grade)

9. Julian Blackmon, S, Utah (#89 on my board, 3rd round grade)

10. Alex Highsmith, DE, Charlotte (#90 on my board, 3rd round grade)

Which is pretty common with most drafts that by the end of round 3 I only have a select group of players on my board with 1st or 2nd round grades but there is a divergence more as you get into the 3rd because that is where you start to get into guys who are more specific fits for schemes etc.

Wow! Surprised Simpson never went.  I know less about Williams, but trust your board.

For the final TBD draft, I'd still like to see another 3-rounder with trades (the Jests "could've been contenders" with trades....), but maintain a strict 2-hour limit, with obvious down time over night--say, midnight to 7 am EST?  Whatever works for our fearless leader though....thanks @Virgil!

7 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

And based on a composite of the rankings of Matt Miller, McShay, NFL Tracker, SI, and TDN, the top remaining players are:

1. Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton

2. Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming 

3. Van Jefferson, WR, Florida 

4. Darrell Taylor, EDGE, Tennessee 

5. Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue

6. John Simpson, G, Clemson 

7. Damien Lewis, G, LSU

8. Saahdiq Charles, OT, LSU

9. Jason Strowbridge, DL, UNC 

10. Anfernee Jennings, EDGE, Alabama 

So 5 of that list are common to mine. Then of the remainder:

Trautman, Taylor and Lewis are on my board as 4th rounders, Stowbridge I only saw one game of thought he was a later day 3 guy and I haven't really scouted Charles (though obviously watched a lot of LSU tape and again think he is a day 3 guy - not sure physically or technically he is really NFL starter level.

All in all, the Bucs end up with:

OT Andrew Thomas

WR Michael Pittman Jr.

S/Nickel Terrell Burgess

That looks like three Day 1 starters to me on a team with Super Bowl hopes. Think this went about as well as I could reasonably expect. Figure I'd be angling for a RB, DLine, and possibly a late day 3 developmental QB with the rest of the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

All in all, the Bucs end up with:

OT Andrew Thomas

WR Michael Pittman Jr.

S/Nickel Terrell Burgess

That looks like three Day 1 starters to me on a team with Super Bowl hopes. Think this went about as well as I could reasonably expect. Figure I'd be angling for a RB, DLine, and possibly a late day 3 developmental QB with the rest of the draft.

I liked your Burgess pick. When you watch that Utah team you understand how they won games. Some seriously talented dudes. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Somehow I didn't even know of this draft until it had already begun. Virgil, if by chance you do another one before the actual draft I'd like to get in.

what the forum on Wednesday evening when the new signup sheet is dropped 

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/4/2020 at 5:59 PM, Billl said:

The Texans select Jalen Reagor, WR from TCU.  

BOB uses the draft pick from the Hopkins trade to select his replacement. Reagor is a born and Raised Texan who will provide a big play threat opposite Fuller.

@Just Joshin' is on the clock.

Look at that value.