TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!

Virgil

Alright alright alright. I am home. I am in my war room. And the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have reached consensus after 6 hours of deliberation.

With the 45th pick in the NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Michael Pittman Jr., wide receiver from the University of Southern California. I won't spoil who else I was considering just in case they slide to the 3rd round, but ultimately, Tampa is in desperate need of a 3rd receiver to go with arguably the best WR duo in the NFL in Evans and Godwin.

With Evans out wide and Godwin as a versatile but mostly slot-based WR, another wide out is the ideal fit in Tampa. This team is ready to win now and with Brady at QB, there isn't time to waste on developing a WR, so grabbing someone that can start out wide from day 1 was very important and while this is a very deep WR class, there aren't many available at this point that can step in right away and be a dependable starter outside. With Pittman coming aboard, Tampa should have the best WR trio in the NFL in my opinion.

With that, @Golden Goat and the Denver Broncos are now on the clock.

Edited by DCOrange

With the 46th pick of the 2020 NFL draft, the Denver Broncos select K.J. Hamler, WR, Penn State

Having missed out on one of the top speedsters in the first round, we get our home-run threat here, which is a must in a division with Tyreek Hill. (Speaking of whom, it's no coincidence that we went CB in the first round). Paired up with 6'5 Courtland Sutton -- an old-school possession receiver -- and the raw but talented 6'5 Noah Fant -- This 5'9 burner enables us to stretch the field, giving Drew Lock some breathing room (though we think he sucks donkey nuts and won't be with us long-term).

@atlbillsfan1975 and his Atlanta Falcons are on the clock.

Edited by Golden Goat

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

My guy is still there..... I thought the Broncos were a threat to take him. But he is still there. ?

There were four players I seriously considered. Will be interesting to see if the guy you take is one of them.

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

My guy is still there..... I thought the Broncos were a threat to take him. But he is still there. ?

The NYJets are considering legal filing of tampering if the Cowboys don't cease and desist until after the Jets pick...

Edited by TPS

With the 47th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons take Bryce Hall CB, Virginia

After going DE with Chaisson in round 1, we come back and get our corner in the second. Hall will come in day one and project as our CB2 opposite Isaiah Oliver. Hall will help ease the lose of Desmond Trufant. The NFC South will have two of the greatest all time quarterbacks in it next year, our first two picks will keep The Falcons in the hunt. We considered RB, but will hope and pray Gurley's knee can hold together. 

@TPS and The J-E-S-T's are one the clock with pick number 48.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

The Jets' paranoia regarding tampering was just that. 

While we would like to take our RT with this pick, we simply can't pass up both the value and need this pick represents, and we are very happy, no "glad," to make this selection: with the 48th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the NY Jests select Jeff Gladney, CB TCU.

The Jets really needed to make an investment in a young CB, and Gladney has the skills to play both man and zone.  Greggo is a happy man, and will most likely move the inconsistent Pierre Desir to Nickel, pairing Gladney on the outside with Brian Poole.

@billspro and the Stillers are on the clock....

4 minutes ago, TPS said:

The Jets' paranoia regarding tampering was just that. 

While we would like to take our RT with this pick, we simply can't pass up both the value and need this pick represents, and we are very happy, no "glad," to make this selection: with the 48th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the NY Jests select Jeff Gladney, CB TCU.

The Jets really needed to make an investment in a young CB, and Gladney has the skills to play both man and zone.  Greggo is a happy man, and will most likely move the inconsistent Pierre Desir to Nickel, pairing Gladney on the outside with Brian Poole.

@billspro and the Stillers are on the clock....

They have only just signed Desir I'd be surprised if they shunted him inside. That said I do that that is a pick that marries value and need quite nicely. Oh and my guy is still on the board.... so nice job @TPS

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They have only just signed Desir I'd be surprised if they shunted him inside. That said I do that that is a pick that marries value and need quite nicely. Oh and my guy is still on the board.... so nice job @TPS

As Gallimore continues to slide

The Steelers select JK Dobbins, RB, Ohio St

GM - The Steelers are thrilled to see Dobbins still available as consistency at the runningback was a huge issue last season.  We see Dobbins as someone that can challenge Conner and can also share carries if both are healthy. 

The Bears @section122 are on the clock

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The Steelers select JK Dobbins, RB, Ohio St

GM - The Steelers are thrilled to see Dobbins still available as consistency at the runningback was a huge issue last season.  We see Dobbins as someone that can challenge Conner and can also share carries if both are healthy. 

The Bears @section122 are on the clock

Buddy_christ.jpg

The Bears help their interior line and select Tyler Biadsz, c, Wisconsin.

The retirement of kyle long means the Bears need some help inside and german ifedi is not the answer.

The Cowboys and @GunnerBill are on the clock 

Edited by section122