TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!

Virgil

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Burrow is the only guy I LOVE.  I feel that his potential at that draft position is worth the risk.  I must note, the ability to stay healthy is one of the top traits I’d look for if I were a GM.  It’s a brutal sport and all bodies aren’t created equal.  Some injuries can’t be avoided.  Some can because of ones body.  I’ve just always had the feeling that he’s going to be banged up all the time.  Sometimes you just have to go with the hunch. 

I feel that the worst thing this team could do in this draft is blow the 5th pick.  I’m confidant I didn’t do that.  I feel simmons is one of a few true difference makers in this draft and the prototype at a very important position imo.  

I love Simmons as a talent. What position do you think he is the prototype at? Cos that is where I struggle a little with him. 

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Burrow is the only guy I LOVE.  I feel that his potential at that draft position is worth the risk.  I must note, the ability to stay healthy is one of the top traits I’d look for if I were a GM.  It’s a brutal sport and all bodies aren’t created equal.  Some injuries can’t be avoided.  Some can because of ones body.  I’ve just always had the feeling that he’s going to be banged up all the time.  Sometimes you just have to go with the hunch. 

I feel that the worst thing this team could do in this draft is blow the 5th pick.  I’m confidant I didn’t do that.  I feel simmons is one of a few true difference makers in this draft and the prototype at a very important position imo.  

i selected swift.  @Billl, you’re up

Wow. Don’t know how I missed that.  

My apologies.  

Btw, Simmons is my favorite person in this entire draft

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I love Simmons as a talent. What position do you think he is the prototype at? Cos that is where I struggle a little with him. 

I feel he’s the prototype because of his versatility vs the run and the pass.  A 3 down guy that is a demon in man coverage and has the instincts to play downhill. I feel he’d be a fit at MLB and SAM.   His weakness in zone coverage should be coached up.  I’m no expert on the 3-4 inside Lb assignments, but I suspect Flores would be able to find a spot for this chess piece and use him as a weapon on D.

The Texans select Jalen Reagor, WR from TCU.  

BOB uses the draft pick from the Hopkins trade to select his replacement. Reagor is a born and Raised Texan who will provide a big play threat opposite Fuller.

@Just Joshin' is on the clock.

Edited by Billl
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I feel he’s the prototype because of his versatility vs the run and the pass.  A 3 down guy that is a demon in man coverage and has the instincts to play downhill. I feel he’d be a fit at MLB and SAM.   His weakness in zone coverage should be coached up.  I’m no expert on the 3-4 inside Lb assignments, but I suspect Flores would be able to find a spot for this chess piece and use him as a weapon on D.

So that is exactly it. I think Simmons could do a lot at Mike at Sam and even at Safety. But I don't actually know right here, right now what I think his prototype NFL fit is. He is my #4 player so don't let me give you the impression I don't love him. He is supremely talented. But it is a gamble on talent rather than seeing a prototype fit for me. If you were looking for safe I think there were safer picks. There were few with as high of a ceiling though. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So that is exactly it. I think Simmons could do a lot at Mike at Sam and even at Safety. But I don't actually know right here, right now what I think his prototype NFL fit is. He is my #4 player so don't let me give you the impression I don't love him. He is supremely talented. But it is a gamble on talent rather than seeing a prototype fit for me. If you were looking for safe I think there were safer picks. There were few with as high of a ceiling though. 

I get what your saying, but I feel that is what actually makes him safe.  His versatility.  You’re saying he’s not safe because you don’t definitively know what position he will play.  I’m saying he’s safe because I’m sure he will find a home at one of many positions, if not all of them.  

I made the mistake in saying prototype.  He’s not the prototype at any particular LB position, but he could become the prototype at each of the LB positions due to his athletic ability and instincts

The Browns got their LT in round 1.  This selection was between Delpit of LSU who regressed in 2019 or Terrell from Clemson who was last seen being roasted in the championship game.

With the 9th pick of the second round, the Cleveland Browns select Grant Delpit,SB, LSU.  In this case CB is the higher positional importance but the Browns are lacking in safety talent.  Delpit will start day 1.  A round 3 S may not be able to start right away.

The Jags with GM @wppeteare on the clock.

With the 10th pick in the 2nd Round in the 2020 NFL Draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU.

I have Blacklock graded as a First Round player and lucked out with a dominate player at 6’3 330 with athleticism and strength. DT is a position of need for the Jaguars after trading Calais Campbell away time Baltimore. Great pick for Jacksonville. 

The Bears @section122 are on the clock.

@Virgil

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

I get what your saying, but I feel that is what actually makes him safe.  His versatility.  You’re saying he’s not safe because you don’t definitively know what position he will play.  I’m saying he’s safe because I’m sure he will find a home at one of many positions, if not all of them.  

I made the mistake in saying prototype.  He’s not the prototype at any particular LB position, but he could become the prototype at each of the LB positions due to his athletic ability and instincts

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I feel like he would be at his best as a 4-3 Will where his speed would come into play. Could he be Thomas Davis or Derrick Brooks maybe? He could be a Tremaine Edmunds type of Mike, though faster and not quite as stout. Maybe he’s a Brian Urlacher type. If he were drafted by the Dolphins, I think Simmons could be used as prime years Jamie Collins, kind of all over the field doing a lot of different thinks. I think playing him inside in a 3-4 might hamper him a bit, so I think he’d be best going to a hybrid team Or a 4-3 team. Though cream always rises and I think this guy is close to can’t miss. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

With the 11th pick in the 2nd round the Chicago Bears select AJ Terrell CB Clemson.

Very popular player to be mocked to the Bears and the internet is never wrong so who am I to argue.  There is another hole on the roster I debated filling here but there are a few similar graded players at that position and this was good value of bpa at a position of need.

@bkep32 and the Colts are on the clock.

With 44th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts select, Laviska Shenault JR - WR, Colorado.

GM - we were hoping mims would haven gotten to us at pick 34 but are extremely happy Laviska is sitting here at 44.  At 6'1 225 lbs this guy plays very physical and is comparable to debo samuel.  We need to give Rivers some more weapons beside Paris Campbell and pascal to go along with Hilton.  Laviska can line up in all 3 WR spots, battle the 50/50 balls and mostly wins those, and fast enough to take it to the house from anywhere on the field.

@DCOrange and the Bucs are on the clock

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, bkep32 said:

With 44th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts select, Laviska Shenault JR - WR, Colorado.

GM - we were hoping mims would haven gotten to us at pick 34 but are extremely happy Laviska is sitting here at 44.  At 6'1 225 lbs this guy plays very physical and is comparable to debo samuel.  We need to give Rivers some more weapons beside Paris Campbell and pascal to go along with Hilton.  Laviska can line up in all 3 WR spots, battle the 50/50 balls and mostly wins those, and fast enough to take it to the house from anywhere on the field.

@DCOrange and the Bucs are on the clock

Loved your Diggs pick for the Colts. Like this one less. Shenault just leaves me cold whenever I watch his tape. 

As for my pick I have a guy sticking out on my board at the moment. If there were trades in this mock I would be heating up the phone lines (PM lines). 

Edited by GunnerBill