Deshaun Watson To Patriots Rumours Begin To Swirl

2 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Ownership will always have the final say on a trade of this magnitude.  But maybe the Texans don't love Desean Watson as much as a lot of you posters do.  I think he is a talent, but the Bills absolutely wrecked him in both games we played them under McDermott.  One terrible missed tackle in OT and lousy offense cost us more then anything in the playoff game.  But it would be interesting to see what kind of a trade offer New England or any other team would offer the Texans for Watson. (Makes the offseason a whole lot more interesting)

And for you older posters how about when Commissioner Bowie Kuhn would not allow Oakland A's owner Charlie Finley to sell off his great players from the 1970's Oakland A's because he was short on cash?  That was something.  He invoked his power for the "best interests of the game".  And those A's teams who I believe won 3 staight world series from 72-74 were as talented a baseball team as any I can remember that excelled for more then one year, that I can remember.  Awesome uniforms, mustaches and talent.  Anyone know their entire starting lineup including their starting pitchers and relievers?  I was in elementary school then.  And I remember most of them.  

Yall keep saying this, but no one can tell me what they mean or how so. And I think it's an incorrect assumption, if the GM/HC is already on his way out, but currently has the power to deal.

WRT the A's, if I remember my baseball cards correctly Rollie Fingers and Reggie Jackson were definitely there.

The dude single handedly won that playoff game for them against the Bills. He put the team on his back and willed them to victory.

It would be epically dumb to trade him. But I thought the same about Hopkins...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

@Virgil well here's your medicine... looks like we won't have to intervene:cry:

Not happening IMO.  They don’t have the cap for what he’ll want to get paid.  

It’s draft and develop for them most likely 

Just to clarify. The hypothetical for this is that, rumors have been circulating for a few weeks/day/whatever about HOU trading Watson to NE. and either: 

1. Ownership has not broached the subject (which would be wild) with BOB, but would be so upset if it in fact did happen, if they could have any legal recourse? 

or 

2. Ownership has smacked this down, and BOB goes ahead and does this behind their back? Can ownership then veto or cancel this trade? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yall keep saying this, but no one can tell me what they mean or how so. And I think it's an incorrect assumption, if the GM/HC is already on his way out, but currently has the power to deal.

WRT the A's, if I remember my baseball cards correctly Rollie Fingers and Reggie Jackson were definitely there.

Are you asking could BOB call the Pats, come to an agreement, and fax all the paperwork without the owner’s catching wind of what is happening? 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Just to clarify. The hypothetical for this is that, rumors have been circulating for a few weeks/day/whatever about HOU trading Watson to NE. and either: 

1. Ownership has not broached the subject (which would be wild) with BOB, but would be so upset if it in fact did happen, if they could have any legal recourse? 

or 

2. Ownership has smacked this down, and BOB goes ahead and does this behind their back? Can ownership then veto or cancel this trade? 

Yep, that was what I was trying to figure out in the first few pages of this thread.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Are you asking could BOB call the Pats, come to an agreement, and fax all the paperwork without the owner’s catching wind of what is happening? 

I was originally asking that, and we've already determined that part is very possible (without knowing the exact authority he's been given through his contract). My next questions were, if he was able to pull that off, what could the league or owners do to reverse it once it was done?

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Yep, that was what I was trying to figure out in the first few pages of this thread.

I was originally asking that, and we've already determined that part is very possible (without knowing the exact authority he's been given through his contract). My next questions were, if he was able to pull that off, what could the league or owners do to reverse it once it was done?

I would suspect the Texans would sure the league and investigate for collusion. In which they would probably win. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Situation 1. Not in a million years did this happen. National rumors of trading your franchise QB without so much as a text message to check in on that, positive or negative. There is no owner, CEO, President, etc. who are not following up on this without some communication, with a follow up summarizing what was said if it was not already via email

Situation 2. Also never going to happen. Any ownership that has already knocked this down has done so in writing. This would not only be a career ending decision, but would also probably result in a civil suit that would leave BOB and his family homeless.  

4 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Does anybody believe this is remotely possible?  I guess a good message board topic but that is as far as it goes.

No.

I understand the battered wife syndrome demands we invent new ways for NE* to remaining endlessly dominant, but no one is trading a top 10 QB to Belichick.