Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

18 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Former Bills draftee Jonathan Williams is a free agent after playing really well at Indy this past season filling in for Mack. 

Is he the guy who showed up at camp way overweight and blamed it on his pregnant girlfriend? 

No that was Karlos 

• Thank you (+1) 1

We should bring in Jason Peters just for fun. Remember when he first started and he blocked a punt then the next year caught a touchdown? That was back before we knew what position he actually was 

Edited by Bills!Win!

3 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

We should bring in Jason Peters just for fun. Remember when he first started and he blocked a punt then the next year caught a touchdown? That was back before we knew what position he actually was 

We'll need a flatbed and a fork lift.

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

You'd bring in players just for fun?  You're fired!

14 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

What we all need to remember in all of this is that even if the Bills go all in on the Cap this year, the new CBA is about to pop the top off the Cap. As soon as next year when even more players can come off the books there will be a major Cap improvement providing relief and re-set. So, since I truly do trust Beane, if he believes Reader is worth the price - then let it be so. I also think Beane is the guy who weighs strengths in FA against Draft strengths and Draft position + Draft capital to make moves. 

In the end, Beane will set this team up for this year and future years’ success. This, I have no doubt.

Isn't it GREAT to have that confidence in your team's front office?!

When you think about some of the scrubs the Bills have had at GM over the decades, it is truly refreshing to have Brandon Beane at the helm of the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/2/2020 at 2:08 PM, DJB said:

I think the Bill's walk away in free agency with one of Mario Addison ( McDermott connection) or Everson Griffen (L Frazier connection)

Both guys aren't tier one pass rushing FA but tier 2 guys. 

It makes too much sense to not happen 

Agreed, like your idea but don't forget to include Robert Quinn as well. A bit younger than the two you mentioned and still has a lot of speed left. If we get one of these three and then draft one in the first 3 rounds, I'd be excited about that group. 

7 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Conklin isn't what he used to be, but he's still adequate. I want Scherff or Thuney. Sign A Cooper and go OT in the 1st.

Isn't what he used to be? He's only 25 years old. Does he have some kind of debilitating physical condition we are not aware of?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Former Bills draftee Jonathan Williams is a free agent after playing really well at Indy this past season filling in for Mack. 

Is he the guy who showed up at camp way overweight and blamed it on his pregnant girlfriend? 

No he was the one with the DUI and video in Arkansas 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Per WFAN, NJ Jest to release CB Trumaine Johnson.

They must really hate the guy to cut him, take the $12,000,000 cap hit, and only net $3,000,000 in savings overall. 

• Haha (+1) 1