One "drought era" Bill on today's roster?

whatdrought

I once heard a fairly famous personality asked what his favorite golf course was. His response was that you had to take Augusta National out of the conversation because nothing else compares to it. In that same mentality I think you need to take Freddie out of this conversation as he is loved by so many here. With that in mind, I agree with those that picked Aaron Schobel. 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I've seen threads like this before, but not sure one has popped up this offseason. 

If you could bring one drought era Buffalo Bill (someone who never played in the playoffs with the Bills) in their prime, and drop them on this roster, who would it be? 

**Edit: For the sake of argument, let's say that "prime" means the high point of their career with the Bills. So for instance, whatever Gilmores best year was when wearing the red white and blue, not last year. 

This is what got me started down this rabbit hole: 

Freddy seems like an obvious choice, but Mario might be my pick. 

My first thought was to skirt the rules and say Eric Moulds - given our need for a #1 WR.

But I'll play nice and say Freddie.   His football character is often praised but I think some fans under value his actual talent.  In his prime, he could make yards out of nothing.  

51 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Lee Evans would have been a borderline HOFer with Josh Allen and this coaching staff.

I'm not so sure about this.  One of Allen's biggest weaknesses this year was his lack of accuracy on the deep ball.  And that was the ONE thing that Losman did really well.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

The Houston game where he and Losman connected on two 60+ td passes was pretty. Him across from Brown would be difficult to defend. 

I remember that game. They hit on two 83-yard TD bombs in the first half. Evans had 11 catches for 265 yards and two TDs that game. That was '06. He should've gone to the Pro Bowl that year. 82 receptions, 1292 yards, 8 touchdowns, his best season for his career. That ProFootballReference.com is one heck of a rabbit hole...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I've seen threads like this before, but not sure one has popped up this offseason. 

If you could bring one drought era Buffalo Bill (someone who never played in the playoffs with the Bills) in their prime, and drop them on this roster, who would it be? 

**Edit: For the sake of argument, let's say that "prime" means the high point of their career with the Bills. So for instance, whatever Gilmores best year was when wearing the red white and blue, not last year. 

This is what got me started down this rabbit hole: 

Freddy seems like an obvious choice, but Mario might be my pick. 

Well.... What about Aaron Schobel?  14 sacks like his best year would sure look good at DE right now.

• Like (+1) 2

Some good names in this thread.  

Another name that doesn't quite meet the criteria is Kyle Williams.  

I'd have to say that if the Bills had Fred Jackson in 2019, they might have won the division and they would have beaten Houston in the wildcard game.  Fred and Kyle were about the two best locker room guys the Bills ever had.  

• Like (+1) 1