Anthony Lynn receiving contract extension with the Chargers

Big Turk

Good for Lynn. I have much respect for the guy and all he does as a human being. I believe he deserves more time with the Chargers as well. They faced a ton of injuries this past season and Rivers play is in clear decline. Let him see how he does with a healthy team and a new QB. 

• Like (+1) 8

That feels like the right move.  27-23 record over 3 three seasons (including playoffs to which he is 1-1.)

He had a whopping NINE games in 2019 end up loses that were by 7 or less points.

heard it mentioned that if there is one team that will flip again from “bad” to “good”, put the money on chargers.

that sounds right to me.

34 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Any coach for Chargers is going to have issues with new QB and current stadium so no sense moving onto a new coach yet.

This.  That looks like a complete rebuild.  I’d be burning up my phone with trade offers for Joey Bosa if I were Beane.  That dude was miserable there when they were a playoff contender.  There’s no way he doesn’t hold out this summer without a new deal.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

That feels like the right move.  27-23 record over 3 three seasons (including playoffs to which he is 1-1.)

He had a whopping NINE games in 2019 end up loses that were by 7 or less points.

heard it mentioned that if there is one team that will flip again from “bad” to “good”, put the money on chargers.

that sounds right to me.

kinda depends on who the qb is.

Just now, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I would hope (some teams seemingly don’t always show best judgment). But I would HOPE that they might of had a conversation or 20 about what to do at QB before signing him.

of course, but it still doesn't mean anything is set in stone.  you always have a plan until it doesn't work out.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Good for Lynn. I have much respect for the guy and all he does as a human being. I believe he deserves more time with the Chargers as well. They faced a ton of injuries this past season and Rivers play is in clear decline. Let him see how he does with a healthy team and a new QB. 

Yep. This is where I am too. 

5 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

This.  That looks like a complete rebuild.  I’d be burning up my phone with trade offers for Joey Bosa if I were Beane.  That dude was miserable there when they were a playoff contender.  There’s no way he doesn’t hold out this summer without a new deal.  

I like it!!!  I hadn't thought about that. What would the offer be for Bosa?

7 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

He may be a nice guy but he had a lot of talent on that team. More than enough for even a solid HC to make a playoff push. I was glad to see the Bills not offer him a contract after his time with the Bills as a RB coach and intern HC.

All that talent at skill positions and on D is meaningless when you have a declining statue like Rivers behind that o-line. Wilson is mobile and talented enough to be productive behind a horrible line, but a pocket passer without athleticism isn’t going to get it done without 5 solid blockers.