TE Greg Olsen is done in Carolina. Would you bring him to Buffalo

MAJBobby

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Yes.  1000%.  He’s still a legit target.  Would be great for Josh and a bridge until Knox is ready. 

This. And according to the article/quote on PFT he is still interested in playing. Given our penchant for bringing in veteran leaders for a position room plus the Carolina connection plus cap space plus the loss of Zo as a veteran leader, I could definitely see this as an option. I’d be all for it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No. He’s done and headed to do TV. He was on with cowherd today and he’s excellent. I don’t think he’s the type who is going to try to play longer on another team. Feels like he’s had one foot out the door (no pun intended) for a couple years.

btw - the next shoe to drop will be Cam when new league year starts. First keuchly, now Olsen, cam is next. Complete overhaul in Carolina. 

I heard him on Cowherd, and I thought he was still on board with Carolina. This seems to be a very recent development, or he faked it well. And yes, he’ll be good in broadcasting if that’s the path he wants to take. 

2 hours ago, MDH said:

It's not inexplicable. He's a TE. If you don't want him sent into routes then you should put another tackle on the field. You have to keep defenses honest.

And Smiths does have the highest catch per attempt percentage of the TE's (80%)!!    :bag:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He’s definitely ring chasing if he’s playing one more year. We’re good, but I don’t think we’re free agent Super Bowl good. I don’t blame him for wanting out of Carolina. Between Rivera leaving/fired, keuchly retiring, the uncertainty of what they’re doing with Cam, no reason a vet wants to play their last season there. I’m not saying we’d have no shot, but don’t see the upside in him being here. He’s injured as much as he plays. I can see a reduced role in Kansas City backing up Kelce on the cheap, a decent one year deal in Green Bay after they cut graham. Seattle. Lot of good situations for what he may want. 

3 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yeah, I'd be all for dumping Kroft for Olsen.  Not sure how much Olsen has left in the tank.  Lee Smith is more of a blocker (that gets called for a lot of penalties) who is inexplicably sent on passing routes now and then.

LOL So you don't know what he has left in the tank, but dump Kroft for Olsen??    That sounds like a well thought out plan!   

Did Kroft live up to his contract, no certainly not, but when you consider he was only active for half the games due to injury, and by then was relegated to 2nd string I think he warrants another year as opposed to bringing in a guy who you don't know if he has anything left.

They may end up cutting Kroft, that's fine, but when you want to cut him for a guy who's ready to retire that borders on insanity.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No. He’s done and headed to do TV. He was on with cowherd today and he’s excellent. I don’t think he’s the type who is going to try to play longer on another team. Feels like he’s had one foot out the door (no pun intended) for a couple years.

btw - the next shoe to drop will be Cam when new league year starts. First keuchly, now Olsen, cam is next. Complete overhaul in Carolina. 

McCaffrey to Bills in trade, Kuechly and Olsen to coach

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Guys had one foot in the booth for the past 3 years... Pass.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. He is totally done. 

50 catches for 600 yds in just 14 games while dealing with Kyle Allen and Will Grier is pretty darn impressive for having one feet out the door and being totally done. 

Not even saying he would entertain it but a one year deal for a big, sure handed savvy vet to help out the young guys would be great IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This feels like 1998 when we let go  Andre, Thurman and Bruce