Brady Free Agency speculation: Down to Bucs and... Chargers? Miami?

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Billl said:

You can say that again.

Who in the world is giving up picks to take on Carr’s salary?  The FA market is flooded with QBs that could be had without giving up draft capital.

Carr's cap hit is only 21.5 million (which is modest for a QB who threw for 4k yards, 70% completion percentage and nearly 3 to 1 TD to INT ratio) and he is probably better than any QB on the market if not in the top 2.

I think the Raiders could easily get a 2nd round pick for him. Assuming Dak is franchised and extended, what QB on the market is better than Carr? I can't think of many. 

Edited by billsfan89

11 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I’ve never said that before, but I believe it now. He is the Frank Gore of QB’s. Sure he will look ok at first, then as the season wears on he will become less effective. Till eventually he is more of a hinderance than a help. Can’t have that in your QB. 
You think he is going to get better than last year? 

Sure you never said it before lol...

Funny watching Twitter make fools of everyone.

4 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Sure you never said it before lol...

Funny watching Twitter make fools of everyone.

I’m not on Twitter, but I did tell friends of mine over a beer that the Pats wouldn’t win a playoff game. This was back in December after the Pats had just beat the Bills. Not too bad for a fool.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

3 minutes ago, Negan said:

I'm surprised the Patriots are that dumb to pay a washed up QB 30+ mil for one season.

I'm sure Belichick isn't signing off on this one.

Kraft really wants to hold on to the past and can't see the future

I’ve listened to a little WEEI this week just to get their take and they don’t seem to think Belichick will be on board with paying him what he can get on the open market. The Boston media really seems to think he’s gone, saying all signs point that way. But Kraft seems to really want him back. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ve listened to a little WEEI this week to get their take, and they all seem to think Belichick will not be on board with paying him more than he can get on the open market. They really seem to think he’s gone. 

I keep wondering what Belichik's attraction to the Pats is anymore.   He's got a rebuilding job ahead of him and could name his price at any of the networks, if he wanted to do TV.   

What more does he have to prove...

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I keep wondering what Belichik's attraction to the Pats is anymore.   He's got a rebuilding job ahead of him and could name his price at any of the networks, if he wanted to do TV.   

He hates doing press conferences. I doubt he'd be interested in a broadcasting gig.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

If so, can’t see him leaving

Or the Patriots put this story out there so that when he leaves no can say they didn't try to keep him. I find it funny that if he ends up on any team he's been linked to - Titans, Raiders, Chargers, Patriots - we will still face him next year. We can't shake him.

• Like (+1) 1

Money is meaningless to Brady at this point in his life.  Do the math:

He and his wife net worth over $500m by all accounts.  This past year, assuming his investment advice was average, they made roughly $75M in interest alone, forget salaries etc.   

The difference in getting paid $20M or $30M is roughly $6M after taxes.  Essentially what he makes in one month of interest.

Would you uproot your entire family, change schools, community, and leave your long time relationships behind to increase your net worth by 1%?   If you have $2Mil in the bank thats like moving across the country for $20k.  "Hey kids, we're selling the house. Say goodbye to your friends, we've got a shot at $20 thousand. What?  Oh no we'll never spend it, but...you know...MoNeY...

The guy is an egomaniac competitive freak who still feels he has "something to prove", which i find rather sad for a guy w 6 rings.  He's looking for a team that can get him to another superbowl, the money is meaningless.

2 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Money is meaningless to Brady at this point in his life.  Do the math:

He and his wife net worth over $500m by all accounts.  This past year, assuming his investment advice was average, they made roughly $75M in interest alone, forget salaries etc.   

The difference in getting paid $20M or $30M is roughly $6M after taxes.  Essentially what he makes in one month of interest.

Would you uproot your entire family, change schools, community, and leave your long time relationships behind to increase your net worth by 1%?   If you have $2Mil in the bank thats like moving across the country for $20k.  "Hey kids, we're selling the house. Say goodbye to your friends, we've got a shot at $20 thousand. What?  Oh no we'll never spend it, but...you know...MoNeY...

The guy is an egomaniac competitive freak who still feels he has "something to prove", which i find rather sad for a guy w 6 rings.  He's looking for a team that can get him to another superbowl, the money is meaningless.

A divorce (inevitable) will put a major dent in Brady's net worth.

I love, love, LOVE that Brady is playing the Patriots.  I hope he gouges the hell out of them.

Blow by blow rumor breakdown (including those debunked) by New England media .. love two reporters mocking each other’s insider information :) ....

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2020/01/tom-brady-free-agency-2020-cryptic-tweets-real-estate-rumors-unconfirmed-sightings-and-everything-else-reported-debunked-so-far.html

• Haha (+1) 1