Brady Free Agency speculation: Down to Bucs and... Chargers? Miami?

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I've said before, so I'll say it again, Colts make a ton of sense to me (which probably means it doesn't happen). Indy is indoors for 9 games a year (8 at home plus Houston), have a great Offensive Line, terrific Offensive HC, Mack and Hilton, along with the most Cap space in the league so they can afford $40 million per year for Brady and have more money for FA playmakers and the Draft. They're also in a winnable Division with his game play and team assets.

Rivers played for Reich in SD and most rumors have Rivers in Indy as of now

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Chargers aren’t even interested

They are a team that has been rumored.

I do find them unlikely however. 

It makes the most sense in Tennessee with familiarity there, with Vegas as an outside chance

46 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Whatever team gets him will get a shell of what he was.  Will need to learn a new offense, and learn his new receiving teammates.  At the money he’s going to command, especially if it’s a bidding war, not worth it.

Not worried if we see him next year, especially with a new team and especially if it’s later in the year when he’s been beaten up good.

My $$$ is on Tennessee. They have a solid receiving group, one of the best RB's in the league, a solid defense, and his old buddy Vrabel as HC. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, H2o said:

My $$$ is on Tennessee. They have a solid receiving group, one of the best RB's in the league, a solid defense, and his old buddy Vrabel as HC. 

Jonnu Smith and Delanie Walker are a good tandem of tight ends as well.  Play action would be there all day for him, having Henry in the backfield and I think he'd have a new best buddy with Humphries in the slot. 

It makes a ton of sense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, DJB said:

They are a team that has been rumored.

I do find them unlikely however. 

It makes the most sense in Tennessee with familiarity there, with Vegas as an outside chance

The rumors were fabricated probably because he has a house in LA. 

24 minutes ago, H2o said:

Me too but I’m rooting for NYG. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

with Judge and the Giants, i don't think he would have to learn much, if anything outside of his new receivers.

Depends on what Garrett’s offense is.  Most offenses are similar, terminology differs.

Don’t know he’d want to go somewhere with a brand new HC, regardless if he knows him or not.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Haha. I think I would rather draft a guy if I’m Indy. I don’t think they are that close and let’s face it Phil has never won anything and rapidly declining. 

Honestly he’s been declining for years. I saw rivers last year and while he didn’t get the protection he needed from his o line, he made a lot of dumb decisions with the football and was throwing out of desperation most of the year. All his passes were thrown up for grabs and was hoping for the best. Threw 22 INTS last year with a talented WR corps. He doesn’t have an arm anymore

38 minutes ago, H2o said:

Would make sense.  They were on the verge with Tannehill, Brady couldn’t do worse. 

5 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Would make sense.  They were on the verge with Tannehill, Brady couldn’t do worse. 

If tannehill hits just a couple of those throws vs KC... the Chiefs were giving him the throws because they committed so much to stopping Henry and he couldn’t do it. That’s why it does seem like they are a QB away

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Why wouldn’t NE file tampering charges?

Apparently florio thinks that the pats actually want his reps to meet with other teams. I suppose they are probably trying to see what $ he can get elsewhere to determine next steps. I did hear that the Pats want this decided ASAP and do not want Brady to drag it out because they need to know what they have to do in FA and draft at QB

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Haha. I think I would rather draft a guy if I’m Indy. I don’t think they are that close and let’s face it Phil has never won anything and rapidly declining. 

I agree with Drafting their guy, but to learn behind Brady if I were Indy. Again, I know it's probably not happening, but I think they're closer than maybe you give them credit for...they beat the Titans (yes, it was with Mariotta) and the Chiefs (I think it was without Mahomes but can't recall) and put up some big points on lesser opponents and lost a close one to the Steelers. All in all, Brady and that Cap Space can do a lot for Indy. If I was Indy, I'd be convincing Brady we're spending all of that Cap money and they have two 2nd Round picks on top of it. Again, if Indy is committed - getting Brady would make a lot of sense for the team and that would include Drafting a QB to be mentored by Brady. JMO

Edited by BigBuff423

On 2/27/2020 at 8:58 AM, HappyDays said:

We'll still play Brady this year no matter where he goes, book it. But if the Pats don't have a starting caliber QB I don't care how good their defense is, they're in trouble.

I’ve said all along that I thought the titans made the most sense, if they were interested.

They may actually have a better shot at a super bowl next year than the Patriots do. They have one of the best RBs in the NFL, a strong run game, strong o line, weapons on offense, a strong defense and they were just in the AFC championship. Plus Vrabel and Brady are friends. And they have cap space. 

Where as in New England, they have a number of key free agents and not a ton of cap space (plus brady’s dead cap hit to deal with no matter what iirc). They are likely to lose 2 more starting o linemen this offseason (after losing 2 starters in the previous 2 seasons) and Dante Scarnecchia retired, so he can’t turn guys like Marshall Newhouse into passable starters anymore. Their o line was a disaster last time Scarnecchia retired (that’s why BB talked him into come back). They also have some key free agents on defense. 

I’d never bet against the patriots, but it’s not hard to see why Brady may view Tennessee as a strong possibility.

• Like (+1) 1