Brady Free Agency speculation: Down to Bucs and... Chargers? Miami?

YoloinOhio

On 2/4/2020 at 7:43 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

True. But I think getting rid of Carr for a potential washed up 43 year old QB makes little to no sense and could potentially set them back years at the QB spot. Gruden is terrified of drafting QBs cough Tampa bay cough. I would love it if they dump Carr and sign Brady to whatever ridiculous deal he wants and he ends up getting the fans hopes up and craps the bed. That would be hilarious beyond epic proportions 

If that’s the case does Carr get traded to New England? 

It’s certainly a good year to be in the market for a veteran QB:

Taysom Hill, Teddy Bridgewater, Ryan Tannehill, Jameis Winston, Philip Rivers, Andy Dalton, Marcus Mariota, Cam Newton all available. If Brady goes to Las Vegas add Derek Carr to this list. 

Play musical chairs here 

Taysom Hill-New Orleans (replaces Bress next year) 

Teddy Bridgewater-Tampa (this according to Peter King) 

Ryan Tannehill-Tennessee 

Philip Rivers- Indianapolis 

Cam Newton-LA Chargers? 

Jameis Winston-Raiders if they don’t sign Brady?

Marcus Mariota/Andy Dalton-Chicago Bears to backup Trubisky in case he bombs again 

If the Raiders or Chargers sign Brady the Pats likely choose between Winston, Carr, Dalton, Mariota, Newton as replacements. My guess is they roll with Dalton and Stidham-let the best man win. 

Does Carolina roll with Grier or do they draft a QB? Are they “tanking” for Trevor? 

The Bears to me are kind of in the same spot Tennessee was last year when they signed Tannehill. I’d expect them to add a high end backup to replace Trubisky if needed. 

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

He was right about Jauron as well.  Oh wait...

Gruden in my opinion is right there with Fisher and Jauron, the only thing he has is that 1 Super Bowl and that’s it. Gruden statistically is barely above the .500 mark and Fisher is right below him. Gruden is and always has been overrated to me. Had a good couple years with Oakland, won a Super Bowl with Dungy’s team and didn’t do worth of ***** after that. And to top it all off he traded up for Cadillac Williams over Aaron Rodgers ????. Nuff said

15 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

What a stupid deal. Talk about potentially setting your franchise back a number of years. What are they gonna do when he retires and after they trade Carr lol. Typical Raiders move

That's certainly conventional wisdom and my default way of thinking, but I wonder if teams are banking on more availability of FA QBs in the future based on what has happened these last few years.  Gruden seems to like experienced vets and could probably bank on picking up someone like Cousins or Carr (again) in two years.

But if I moved all the way to CA to get away from seeing NE* on TV every week only to have Brady come here, I'll be pissed.

16 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

What a stupid deal. Talk about potentially setting your franchise back a number of years. What are they gonna do when he retires and after they trade Carr lol. Typical Raiders move

Its all about making an immediate splash in Vegas.  If they don't have immediate success they are looking at 16 road games a year for the foreseeable future.  The Golden Knights demonstrated how powerful it can be to start strong in year 1.  

I think its going to be a disaster with or without Brady but I think going to a game in Vegas could be a lot of fun.  

I still don’t think Brady is going anywhere... and Kraft, Brady and BB are laughing at all the speculation (daily).  It’s like they’re just toying with everyone, as per usual. 

I could be wrong, but I don’t see it. It’s not like Brady needs the money... and he’s not winning a Super Bowl in the next two years with the Raiders.

1 hour ago, Playoffs? said:

I still don’t think Brady is going anywhere... and Kraft, Brady and BB are laughing at all the speculation (daily).  It’s like they’re just toying with everyone, as per usual. 

I could be wrong, but I don’t see it. It’s not like Brady needs the money... and he’s not winning a Super Bowl in the next two years with the Raiders.

Certainly tend to agree with the Brady Kraft part.  BB not so sure he's on board, but will find out soon enough.

22 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Gruden in my opinion is right there with Fisher and Jauron, the only thing he has is that 1 Super Bowl and that’s it. Gruden statistically is barely above the .500 mark and Fisher is right below him. Gruden is and always has been overrated to me. Had a good couple years with Oakland, won a Super Bowl with Dungy’s team and didn’t do worth of ***** after that. And to top it all off he traded up for Cadillac Williams over Aaron Rodgers ????. Nuff said

Well he was coaching in a SB were both teams ran his system.  Dungy?  Now there is an overrated Coach.  How many SBs did he win with Manning at QB?  Heiden would have won several.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

On 2/4/2020 at 12:06 PM, billsfan89 said:

Gruden is going to have to have 2-3 really awful seasons in a row before he gets fired. He stripped the team for parts his first year and won 7 games last season. He actually should be able to put them in a position to win at least 8+ games in 2020. They have 2 first round picks and 2 third round picks along with 60 million in cap space that could open up to 70-90 million in space depending on cuts and trades. 

I think they are fully committed to Gruden for 2 more seasons before they even consider pulling the plug.

Coaches contracts are guaranteed. He’ll be there 7-8 years unless the wheels totally fall off 

52 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Well he was coaching in a SB were both teams ran his system.  Dungy?  Now there is an overrated Coach.  How many SBs did he win with Manning at QB?  Heiden would have won several.

I’m sorry I have to disagree about dungy, he was a very good HC and a lot better than Gruden in my opinion. After winning the SB Gruden thought he knew everything and gut the whole team thinking it was for the better and they only got worse. He avoided years of drafting a QB and was always going after the game managers thinking he could replicate his success that he had with  both Gannon and Johnson with anyone. Anyone remember Garcia or Brian Griese lol

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Coaches contracts are guaranteed. He’ll be there 7-8 years unless the wheels totally fall off 

If he goes 5 or less wins the next three seasons I don't see how they justify keeping him esp in Vegas where they are hoping to make big moves. Thanks to the Vegas move the team is flushed with cash and future opportunities for more cash. They could be willing to eat 4-5 years of that contract. 

7 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

If he goes 5 or less wins the next three seasons I don't see how they justify keeping him esp in Vegas where they are hoping to make big moves. Thanks to the Vegas move the team is flushed with cash and future opportunities for more cash. They could be willing to eat 4-5 years of that contract. 

I mean... I think that qualifies as wheels coming off  as I believe only the cardinals are on 2 years of 5 or fewer wins at the moment and no team has 3 straight currently. 

if Gruden is 4 out of 5 years I would guess it does the trick. 

11 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

The speed skater guy?  I don't know; he was a hard worker but that is pretty random.  Why not Bobby Valentine or Freddie Blassie?  At least they managed people.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I’m sorry I have to disagree about dungy, he was a very good HC and a lot better than Gruden in my opinion. After winning the SB Gruden thought he knew everything and gut the whole team thinking it was for the better and they only got worse. He avoided years of drafting a QB and was always going after the game managers thinking he could replicate his success that he had with  both Gannon and Johnson with anyone. Anyone remember Garcia or Brian Griese lol

Garcia had a decent Career.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Garcia had a decent Career.

Jeff Garcia’s issue was not his ability with his arm or legs. The guy had a serious attitude issue. That being said, he did some pretty impressive things on the field when given his opportunity.

• Like (+1) 1