Brady Free Agency speculation: Down to Bucs and... Chargers? Miami?

YoloinOhio

13 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Who would he throw too besides Brown? The Titans WRs might be worse than the Patriots.

Not even close...... literally, Titans have awesome WR's and they have Dion Lewis that Brady LOVED throwing to.

AJ Brown, Jonnu Smith, Delanie Walker, Dion Lewis, Tajae Sharp, Corey Davis, Adam Humphries, (there's one more i'm missing that played well in the playoffs).

They have plenty of weapons, just no QB to get them the ball. 

Edited by warrior9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

He might consider the highest bidder for one more year  or stay in NE* ,  I would think he retires though. Titans would be wise to re-sign Tannehill

I think they believe they are a QB away. Tannehill played well In the run to the afcc  but when the chiefs Stacked the box to stop Henry, the throws were there for tanny and he couldn’t make them. The chiefs were able to do that because they didn’t think tanny could beat them with his arm. If Brady still has that touch and accuracy, he can. And with that running game, if they sign Henry, it could work for a year or 2. He won’t need to throw a lot.  I don’t think tanny is the long term answer there. He will eventually regress back to himself and we saw that vs chiefs. Similar feel to Bortles situation in Jax a few years ago. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they believe they are a QB away. Tannehill played well In the run to the afcc  but when the chiefs Stacked the box to stop Henry, the throws were there for tanny and he couldn’t make them. The chiefs were able to do that because they didn’t think tanny could beat them with his arm. If Brady still has that touch and accuracy, he can. And with that running game, if they sign Henry, it could work for a year or 2. He won’t need to throw a lot.  I don’t think tanny is the long term answer there. He will eventually regress back to himself and we saw that vs chiefs. Similar feel to Bortles situation in Jax a few years ago. 

Agreed.  I’d rather have Brady than Tannehill.  I think this is all theatrics though to get the Patriots to sign him and get him some offensive weapons.  

12 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

You can see her ribs.

Gross.

Way too skinny.

While I understand taste is personal, I think it's a stretch to call a woman who has made more money than god based upon her figure "gross."

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, eball said:

While I understand taste is personal, I think it's a stretch to call a woman who has made more money than god based upon her figure "gross."

Justin Bieber has also made more money than god. Does that make him a good musician? All personal taste my friend. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Not even close...... literally, Titans have awesome WR's and they have Dion Lewis that Brady LOVED throwing to.

AJ Brown, Jonnu Smith, Delanie Walker, Dion Lewis, Tajae Sharp, Corey Davis, Adam Humphries, (there's one more i'm missing that played well in the playoffs).

They have plenty of weapons, just no QB to get them the ball. 

And if they sign Brady, they still won't have a QB to get them the ball.

• Haha (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Lurker said:

Interesting.    That's a really good prep school.

But Brady playing in Moonshine Junction?     smh...

I live in Asheville and have since 1994. This is far from moonshine Junction. This is a hip, growing mega city that is half transplants. Now get 30 miles outside it’s a different story but that’s the same in Buffalo too.I live in Asheville and have since 1994. This is far from moonshine Junction. This is a hip, growing mega city that is half transplants. Now get 30 miles outside it’s a different story but that’s the same in Buffalo too.

26 minutes ago, PJBrown7 said:

I live in Asheville and have since 1994. This is far from moonshine Junction. This is a hip, growing mega city that is half transplants. Now get 30 miles outside it’s a different story but that’s the same in Buffalo too.I live in Asheville and have since 1994. This is far from moonshine Junction. This is a hip, growing mega city that is half transplants. Now get 30 miles outside it’s a different story but that’s the same in Buffalo too.

Those mountains produce plenty of echos, I hear...

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

From a football perspective Brady makes sense for the Titans, they have a top 10 defense, a beastly ground game, a good O-line and solid receivers (AJ Brown is a good WR, Humphries seems like a white slot receiver that would work great with Brady, and Smith as a TE is decent.) But I don’t see Brady being a game manager as a good deal for the Titans unless Tanny wants too much money and they would rather commit to Brady for one year than have a huge cap number for Tanny the next 2-3 years? 

The more and more I think about it if Brady is going to leave he is going to the Raiders. Vegas presents a glamour opportunity and a fit football wise. Assuming the Raiders trade Carr for picks and little salary the Raiders would have about 76 million in cap space along with another up to 20-30 million in space depending on roster cuts.

The Raiders could give Brady a one year 30 million dollar deal and still have 40-70 million dollars in cap space to play with along with two picks in round 1 and two picks in round 3 and whatever picks you would get in a Carr trade to build the roster around Brady. It just lines up much better as the Titans would almost be improbably lucky to retain Conklin, Henry and add Brady let alone have any space to add players. 

2 hours ago, PJBrown7 said:

This^  Even the biggest stars these days out of Nashville wear skinny jeans, flat brimmed hats, and even man Uggs. Brady would fit in just fine. Not picking on Nashville, just saying it isn’t some redneck outpost anymore. 

Edited by SirAndrew

2 hours ago, PJBrown7 said:

You're right, but over yonder in Wilkes County the stills are running 24-7.

23 hours ago, clearwater cadet said:

Rumors today out of NE, Steven Ross is selling team to Business man out of NY, he has already been pre-approved by league.  He has Brady conections with Tom and wife.   Will take control of team when Ross is ready to sell.  Brady will Qb Dolphin, groom under Qb, will be given some portion of Dolphins owership when he retires.

Rumors today out of NE, Steven Ross is selling team to Business man out of NY, he has already been pre-approved by league.  He has Brady conections with Tom and wife.   Will take control of team when Ross is ready to sell.  Brady will Qb Dolphin, groom under Qb, will be given some portion of Dolphins owership when he retires.

https://nesn.com/2020/01/tom-brady-to-dolphins-this-ownership-report-or-speculation-makes-you-think/

Here it is: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/31/tom-brady-to-miami-rumors-keep-gaining-steam/

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

From a football perspective Brady makes sense for the Titans, they have a top 10 defense, a beastly ground game, a good O-line and solid receivers (AJ Brown is a good WR, Humphries seems like a white slot receiver that would work great with Brady, and Smith as a TE is decent.) But I don’t see Brady being a game manager as a good deal for the Titans unless Tanny wants too much money and they would rather commit to Brady for one year than have a huge cap number for Tanny the next 2-3 years? 

The more and more I think about it if Brady is going to leave he is going to the Raiders. Vegas presents a glamour opportunity and a fit football wise. Assuming the Raiders trade Carr for picks and little salary the Raiders would have about 76 million in cap space along with another up to 20-30 million in space depending on roster cuts.

The Raiders could give Brady a one year 30 million dollar deal and still have 40-70 million dollars in cap space to play with along with two picks in round 1 and two picks in round 3 and whatever picks you would get in a Carr trade to build the roster around Brady. It just lines up much better as the Titans would almost be improbably lucky to retain Conklin, Henry and add Brady let alone have any space to add players. 

The Raiders have cap space, but how much actual money do they have? That came up around the time of the K. Mack trade. Huge upfront signing bonuses were said to be an issue for them. I don’t KNOW this to be the case, I just know it has previously come up. Is there anything to that? 

4 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

I don’t see Brady going to an awful team for any amount of money.