Brady Free Agency speculation: Down to Bucs and... Chargers? Miami?

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'll still be surprised if he goes somewhere else but if true this would leave the division wide open.

While I still think he’s almost done and I’m more scared of the Pats D than I am him anymore based on how we’ve played them since Mcdermott got here, I agree that it would signal a change in the division and could be a mental shift too with the team’s confidence and approach toward that game 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We'll still play Brady this year no matter where he goes, book it. But if the Pats don't have a starting caliber QB I don't care how good their defense is, they're in trouble.

I have thought for awhile he’s a good fit for titans. Raiders aren’t a good enough team imo for him to make that move. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We'll still play Brady this year no matter where he goes, book it. But if the Pats don't have a starting caliber QB I don't care how good their defense is, they're in trouble.

Last training camp, the Pats Fan rumor was that their 2019 4th rounder, Stidham, looked really good.

But until you see it in a game, who knows?

I'm not sure how the "not reached out to Tom Brady" thing impacts the odds.  Brady is hitting FA in the first place because he and the Patriots were too far apart.  There's not too much point in the sides talking  until/unless Brady sees what the open market will offer him.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Joe Judge connection? 

that's what reports are saying. that and the fact that he hasn't committed to Jones I guess. i mean, it's not like the Giants are going to be contenders this year or possibly even next.

Edited by Foxx

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 8:42 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I’m sorry I have to disagree about dungy, he was a very good HC and a lot better than Gruden in my opinion. After winning the SB Gruden thought he knew everything and gut the whole team thinking it was for the better and they only got worse. He avoided years of drafting a QB and was always going after the game managers thinking he could replicate his success that he had with  both Gannon and Johnson with anyone. Anyone remember Garcia or Brian Griese lol

Gruden took Dungy's 9-7 team and one the SB in one year.

Dungy walked into Manning-led Colts and a star studded offense....and won a single SB (against Rex Grossman's Bears).   He led his loaded team to 4 one and done playoff performances in 7 years--including his last 2 years there (despite winning 49 regular season games in those 4 seasons).  The year after Dungy retires, human/mannequin Jim Caldwell takes them to 14-2 and a SB.

The most overrated HC ever.

I've said before, so I'll say it again, Colts make a ton of sense to me (which probably means it doesn't happen). Indy is indoors for 9 games a year (8 at home plus Houston), have a great Offensive Line, terrific Offensive HC, Mack and Hilton, along with the most Cap space in the league so they can afford $40 million per year for Brady and have more money for FA playmakers and the Draft. They're also in a winnable Division with his game play and team assets.

If Brady were to go to Indy, AND they were to spend their money on a FA WR, TE, and maybe even get Gordon from the Chargers to give Brady another receiving threat plus a Defensive playmaker and Draft - they could be a very, very good team and Brady would play indoors most of the season. 

Whatever team gets him will get a shell of what he was.  Will need to learn a new offense, and learn his new receiving teammates.  At the money he’s going to command, especially if it’s a bidding war, not worth it.

Not worried if we see him next year, especially with a new team and especially if it’s later in the year when he’s been beaten up good.

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

Whatever team gets him will get a shell of what he was.  Will need to learn a new offense, and learn his new receiving teammates.  At the money he’s going to command, especially if it’s a bidding war, not worth it.

Not worried if we see him next year, especially with a new team and especially if it’s later in the year when he’s been beaten up good.

with Judge and the Giants, i don't think he would have to learn much, if anything outside of his new receivers.

Edited by Foxx