Brady Free Agency speculation: Down to Bucs and... Chargers? Miami?

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, RochesterLifer said:

I think this whole scene is an attention-getting charade by Brady. There is not a top tier team in the NFL that will offer him a contract. Also, there is not a team that will become top tier by signing Brady. His skills are diminishing and he would have to learn a new offense with its personnel. New England is his best option for winning and I believe he knows that. Any place that has a QB opening runs a significant risk of tarnishing his legacy. I foresee a big Patriot group hug coming.

I don’t know that it’s an attention stunt, but it’s definitely an ego move, and yes, I feel darn near certain he stays put.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/28/2020 at 2:34 PM, BillsFan4 said:

I’ve said all along that I thought the titans made the most sense, if they were interested.

They may actually have a better shot at a super bowl next year than the Patriots do. They have one of the best RBs in the NFL, a strong run game, strong o line, weapons on offense, a strong defense and they were just in the AFC championship. Plus Vrabel and Brady are friends. And they have cap space. 

Where as in New England, they have a number of key free agents and not a ton of cap space (plus brady’s dead cap hit to deal with no matter what iirc). They are likely to lose 2 more starting o linemen this offseason (after losing 2 starters in the previous 2 seasons) and Dante Scarnecchia retired, so he can’t turn guys like Marshall Newhouse into passable starters anymore. Their o line was a disaster last time Scarnecchia retired (that’s why BB talked him into come back). They also have some key free agents on defense. 

I’d never bet against the patriots, but it’s not hard to see why Brady may view Tennessee as a strong possibility.

I agree with you. I think this move makes a lot of sense and I wouldn’t worry about Brady having to pick up a new system. Surrounded by a strong running game and some receivers who are more promising than what the pats have. They would be an instant contender.

If he returns to the pats I’m fine with it. We have unfinished business with them and need to lay a beating on him. I was super disappointed how we showed up in NE. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

I'm sorry, but Brady has more than earned a top tier $$$$$ Contract. 6 Superbowls says so! ?

The time for Brady to get a top tier contract is in the rear view mirror. He missed his opportunity when he played at a discount in the past. Now he has to live with it. You don’t pay for what a guy used to be. You pay for how he can help you now. He’ll have to learn to get by with a more modest contract and the nickels he has squirreled away already, I suspect. Poor Tommy.....

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Augie said:

The time for Brady to get a top tier contract is in the rear view mirror. He missed his opportunity when he played at a discount in the past. Now he has to live with it. You don’t pay for what a guy used to be. You pay for how he can help you now. He’ll have to learn to get by with a more modest contract and the nickels he has squirreled away already, I suspect. Poor Tommy.....

If Tommy believes in himself he should get a contact with a lot of incentives and ability to sell TB12 supplements to teammates.

On 2/28/2020 at 6:00 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I’m ok with Marcia dragging this thing out in dramatic fashion and torturing Belichick and Kraft so they botch their next moves in FA and draft because they don’t know if he will be back. Belichick will pay for never giving him Patriot of the Week!

I suspect BB will have a hard cutoff and move on from him instead of passing on other options hoping he returns 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

I'm sorry, but Brady has more than earned a top tier $$$$$ Contract. 6 Superbowls says so! ?

Brady really has no leverage when it comes right down to it, he is not a big commodity anymore, and he is not worth big money, He is a memory more than anything. The longer Brady stretches this out the less he endears himself to the organization. Once you cross the line with a corporation...
We shall see when FA starts up, and teams want to see him throw a football... ? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, teef said:

I couldn’t figure out why Brady and jimmy fallon were at the cuse/bc game for the life of me. 

Sal said there is a guy who brings celebs to the carrier dome and Fallon is from upstate NY, he assumed Brady and PEDelman are friends of his 

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sal said there is a guy who brings celebs to the carrier dome and Fallon is from upstate NY, he assumed Brady and PEDelman are friends of his 

that makes sense.  i didn't even realize the other guy was edelman.  i've seen kraft at a number of bc games, but i think he's on the board.