Brady Free Agency speculation: Down to Bucs and... Chargers? Miami?

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Maybe... But he was worth just two when he didn't cost a bunch of money and when the NFL QB landscape was in much worse shape... Maybe just a three right now? Where would be a fit/who would want him? Not a whole lot of open QB spots this year. 

He had barely played by then. A team will give a 1st round pick for sure for Jimmy G. No doubt.

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

So who in their right mind is going to trade for Garoppolo with that bloated contract? Sure there are QB needy teams out there but I can’t see anyone taking in his contract and paying him 30 plus million. He’s not that good he’s a game manager at best

Miami I bet. Jags. Redskins.

30 million is going to be the new average for a starting QB very shortly.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

So who in their right mind is going to trade for Garoppolo with that bloated contract? Sure there are QB needy teams out there but I can’t see anyone taking in his contract and paying him 30 plus million. He’s not that good he’s a game manager at best

It's not 30+ million. It's like $26-27 million. Someone would do it for a 1st or 2nd round pick IMO. But it would be a mistake.

• Like (+1) 1

Another thing to consider is San Francisco signing Brady to a 1 year deal to go all in this year, but then chasing Shanny's boy Cousins next year when he becomes a FA. That could be the real plan behind all of it. They don't think Janeane is the long term solution so they sign Brady for a year, release Janeane, and go after Kirk in 2021.  

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Miami I bet. Jags. Redskins.

30 million is going to be the new average for a starting QB very shortly.

Sounds like Washington’s already giving up on Haskins lol, Miami I can see but I think they’re sticking with the Fitz and Rosen combo and whoever they end up drafting. Jags got too much money tied into Foles

The Titans make a lot of sense on the field. Brady has a relationship with the coach, Dion Lewis and Derrick Henry are a good backfield (Dion Lewis is also a target he is familiar with) they have a solid O-line and a decent set of receivers. The Titans also have a strong defense which helps put less pressure on Brady. If they could add Brady while resigning Henry, getting a decent kicking game, and a couple of pieces to the offense they should be a very good team.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Sounds like Washington’s already giving up on Haskins lol, Miami I can see but I think they’re sticking with the Fitz and Rosen combo and whoever they end up drafting. Jags got too much money tied into Foles

Fitz is a FA as of now but i only thought of Miami because they have a lot of cap space and their HC was with Jimmy G in NE 

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Also, Brady and jimmy G have the same agent 

Then he’d almost certainly want Brady to go to SF; he gets the commission on the Brady deal, and then gets to negotiate a new deal for Jimmy and commission that as well.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

because it's all about getting a title. if brady can get you that extra edge you go for that title right now.  

Then why isn't Buffalo in on that conversation? They have the cap room and QB play is the single most important aspect to winning titles.

Titles are the goal and sometimes that fact is lost when this franchise has been starting new rebuilds for nearly 2 decades now. 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Then why isn't Buffalo in on that conversation? They have the cap room and QB play is the single most important aspect to winning titles.

Titles are the goal and sometimes that fact is lost when this franchise has been starting new rebuilds for nearly 2 decades now. 

I can't believe this concept is difficult for you.  Well....actually I can.

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Sounds like they are trying to trade Foles, and how would that be different from the 49ers who have a lot tied up with Jimmy G but supposedly want Brady?

As for Haskins, I think he sucks, but that's just me. It's not unheard of for teams to move on from young QB's quickly. Look at Rosen.

Boston media guy just to give you an idea of the angle their spinning it with:

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Sounds like they are trying to trade Foles, and how would that be different from the 49ers who have a lot tied up with Jimmy G but supposedly want Brady?

As for Haskins, I think he sucks, but that's just me. It's not unheard of for teams to move on from young QB's quickly. Look at Rosen.

Big difference between the two is that moving Jimmy frees up a ton of cap space. Moving Foles does not.