Brady Free Agency speculation: Down to Bucs and... Chargers? Miami?

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Miami I bet. Jags. Redskins.

30 million is going to be the new average for a starting QB very shortly.

Why would the Skins?  They can just draft Tua and pay him nothing for a few years.

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge Jimmy G Fan. But I could see the following teams strongly considering Jimmy G this offseason were he to become available

Bears

Miami

Carolina 

Tampa

Raiders

Chargers

Redskins

Colts

Not saying, they would get it but I wouldnt be shocked if he was traded for a 1st. Dude wins, has pretty good numbers, a manageable contract and just started the SB. Someone would be willing to take  chance on a guy like that

Why would anyone give up a first for Jimmy when they could sign any of the FA QBs without giving up picks?  If SF signs Brady, it’s because they think he’s better.  Nobody thinks JG is worth more than Brady PLUS a first round pick.

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Brady has a specific offense that he has done well in over recent years. Will a new OC overhaul an offense to fit Brady? Even if he did, there isn’t enough time for Brady to come in and feel comfortable in it.....and I can guarantee it won’t run as well as McDaniel’s scheme did for him.

If Brady walks away from the Patriots the world is going to see what a friendly system the Patriots had in place for him and how it contributed mightily to his success....which still has been dwindling.

Yes, Brady will struggle mightily to learn a new offense.

lol

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah. It’s pretty obvious.  He’s gets to pretend to go through the recruitment process and finally get a big deal from the Pats.  

as much as we hate him, the dude loves football.  I have no idea why he’s still even playing 

Agreed. He basically runs the show on the field in NE, and everything they do centers around the way he likes to have things go. I don’t see any other organization being able to cater to that as finely as NE does.

He’ll go back.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why would the Skins?  They can just draft Tua and pay him nothing for a few years.

Because there is no sure deal in the draft, I suppose.

Another option might be the Bears, who may be underwhelmed with Trubisky.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Agreed. He basically runs the show on the field in NE, and everything they do centers around the way he likes to have things go. I don’t see any other organization being able to cater to that as finely as NE does.

He’ll go back.

Peyton Manning had the same treatment on his second team. I bet anyone who takes Brady will cater to how he wants things done.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Because there is no sure deal in the draft, I suppose.

Another option might be the Bears, who may be underwhelmed with Trubisky.

But there are sure bad deals in trade.  Taking high cost/mediocre output Jimmy G on a team that struggles ton score points already is a sure bad deal.

If Tua is truly healthy,  I bet he's a better value than Jimmy G right off the bat.

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Fundamentally Rapoport said the 49ers have been very vocal about how much they like Jimmy Garrappolo and he's completely unable to substantiate that the 49ers have any interest in Tom Brady.

It's one of the dumbest rumors I've seen. 

40 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why?  Sign BRADY to a 2 year deal, draft a guy, and have them learn under him.  Would there be a better learning experience for a young guy?

Drafting a guy is easier said than done, at least the right guy.  It is easy to draft the wrong guy and have him sit behind Brady for a year or two, then suck the next year.

The Raiders have Carr and the 49ers have Garappolo right now...those are the birds in the hand.  I know they're not world beaters, but you can work with them, you just need a good supporting cast around them.  The 49ers, at least, have that.  Why topple what you have for Brady well past his prime and an additional year or two, max.

27 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Does anyone actually believe he is leaving NE? 

Absolutely. There were "reports" that NE was willing to give Brady 30 mil to stay, but that was a month ago. I also believe that offer was completely a Bob Kraft production. Just speculation, but I think it's entirely possible BB implicitly hinted to Tom that he wanted to move on.

We shall see. I don't think we'd be seeing any of this if there really was a 30 mil offer and BB and Tom were on the same page regarding next season.

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

You have a hard time with reading comprehension, don’t you? 

lol

No, your comment was pretty simple:  Brady has been propped up for decades by a specific system of offense.  Therefore he would struggle in a new system.

I thought that was funny because it's ridiculous.

See?  You weren't very hard to decipher....

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Absolutely. There were "reports" that NE was willing to give Brady 30 mil to stay, but that was a month ago. I also believe that offer was completely a Bob Kraft production. Just speculation, but I think it's entirely possible BB implicitly hinted to Tom that he wanted to move on.

We shall see. I don't think we'd be seeing any of this if there really was a 30 mil offer and BB and Tom were on the same page regarding next season.

I don’t see it. These guys have embraced being hated and the hatred is at a high point when they are all together. I don’t think BB likes Brady that much but I think they all serve a purpose for eachother. 

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

No, your comment was pretty simple:  Brady has been propped up for decades by a specific system of offense.  Therefore he would struggle in a new system.

I thought that was funny because it's ridiculous.

See?  You weren't very hard to decipher....

Again, reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Run along now.

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

Again, reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Run along now.

I always enjoy when posters, after getting called out on a poorly thought out opinion, claim "your reading comprehension isn't good".  It is the whitest of white flags...

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Still not buying it. If it did happen I would question that entertainment has now surpassed competition on their importance scale. 

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

I always enjoy when posters, after getting called out on a poorly thought out opinion, claim "your reading comprehension isn't good".  It is the whitest of white flags...

If you say white again a certain poster is going to show up and ask for another CMC trade. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

But there are sure bad deals in trade.  Taking high cost/mediocre output Jimmy G on a team that struggles ton score points already is a sure bad deal.

If Tua is truly healthy,  I bet he's a better value than Jimmy G right off the bat.

I disagree that Jimmy G is mediocre. I view him as a quality starter. I don't think he's elite, but I sure don't think he is as bad as people are making him out to be. He'd be an upgrade for a lot of teams.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Replacing an aging QB "with SB experience" who just had one of his worst output seasons with a younger QB who's recent/"best" season was no better wouldn't make BB cackle for much of the year, I bet.  George Kittles, Deebo Samuel, Emmanuel Sanders and Raheem Mostert aren't walking through that door with Jimmy G...

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Doesn't a white flag mean you are surrendering?

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I disagree that Jimmy G is mediocre. I view him as a quality starter. I don't think he's elite, but I sure don't think he is as bad as people are making him out to be. He'd be an upgrade for a lot of teams.

See above.  He had much better weapons in SF than Brady in NE.  

Just now, MJS said:

Doesn't a white flag mean you are surrendering?

yeah, when you have no other argument, you say that.  it's a full surrender.

• Haha (+1) 1