Brady Free Agency speculation: Down to Bucs and... Chargers? Miami?

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The Brady to 49er talk doesn’t make any sense to me. 

It does if they view him as an upgrade on Janeane, which he probably is, and they are trying to cash in on a two year window they believe they have. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, H2o said:

It does if they view him as an upgrade on Janeane, which he probably is, and they are trying to cash in on a two year window they believe they have. 

for a year he might be better than Jimmy G. But sign Brady for 30M AAV what are they doing with their young QB. It makes zero sense to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

The word is Lynch wanted Brady instead of Jimmy G to begin with and Kraft said no. Apparently Shanny Jr feels hamstrung by jimmy G with the offense and they both felt the throws were right there to win the SB and Jimmy simply didn’t make them. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

for a year he might be better than Jimmy G. But sign Brady for 30M AAV what are they doing with their young QB. It makes zero sense to me. 

He’s not that young, he will be 30 this season. I think they would just trade him 

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

That would be a gut punch to JImmy G for sure. I'm assuming they'd trade him, right? Can't pay TWO QB's $30 million...

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s not that young, he will be 30 this season. I think they would just trade him 

just looked up his contract. I thought it was more restrictive than it actually is money wise. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/jimmy-garoppolo-14472/

So now I take my statement back I see some sense in it because they can easily walk from Jimmy G this year if Brady signs there. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I don’t see it. The Offense Brady Ran in NE is completely different than San Frans current offense. 

Shanny wants to run the ball and he designs that well.  Jimmy threw it 6 times in the nfc championship game. He just needs a guy who can make the throws when they are there. 

Just now, whatdrought said:

What's the trade value on a Jimmy G?

I really don’t know. Probably around a 2?

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Shanny wants to run the ball and he designs that well.  Jimmy threw it 6 times in the nfc championship game. He just needs a guy who can make the throws when they are there. 

I really don’t know. Probably around a 2?

Maybe... But he was worth just two when he didn't cost a bunch of money and when the NFL QB landscape was in much worse shape... Maybe just a three right now? Where would be a fit/who would want him? Not a whole lot of open QB spots this year. 

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sal said there is a guy who brings celebs to the carrier dome and Fallon is from upstate NY, he assumed Brady and PEDelman are friends of his 

Weitsman actually invited Brady, and Brady invited Edleman and Fallon. I think my favorite part of that game, was when Fallon was conducting the band, and the actual conductor got mad and told him to go back to his seat lol.

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

It all boils down to what they think of Jimmy.

If I were in their shoes, I would be making my contingency plans this offseason anyways; I would be looking to move Jimmy a year from now so I would want to bring in a rookie this year that can take over in the future.

Trading Jimmy now for assets and then significantly upgrading (IMO) to Brady makes sense to me too, even moreso if they end up bringing a young QB in to sit behind Brady for a year or two.

The bigger question is whether or not the Jimmy to NE part makes sense, which would depend on what Belichick wants to do there. But at any rate, I'm sure SF could find someone else that would trade assets for Jimmy and that's a win to me as I think he's in the no man's land of QBs. Good enough to get a big contract but bad enough to kill your team's chances because of your contract.

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If they think he gives them their best shot to win a SB within the next two years then it would make perfect sense. They already have a sick defense. Pay Brady, try to get a Lombardi in the next 2 years, and then move forward. 

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The word is Lynch wanted Brady instead of Jimmy G to begin with and Kraft said no. Apparently Shanny Jr feels hamstrung by jimmy G with the offense and they both felt the throws were right there to win the SB and Jimmy simply didn’t make them. 

I can see this being the case. The Shanahan offense with Matt Ryan wasn't as basic as what they are running for Garofalo it seems. You could also see the frustration on his face many times throughout the season. 

Edited by H2o

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

That would be a gut punch to JImmy G for sure. I'm assuming they'd trade him, right? Can't pay TWO QB's $30 million...

Peter King was talking about it this week as having both Brady and Jimmy on the roster this season but that doesn't make any sense to me.

On 2/29/2020 at 9:56 PM, Don Otreply said:

Brady really has no leverage when it comes right down to it, he is not a big commodity anymore, and he is not worth big money, He is a memory more than anything. The longer Brady stretches this out the less he endears himself to the organization. Once you cross the line with a corporation...
We shall see when FA starts up, and teams want to see him throw a football... ? 

what is he stretching out? Has he turned down offers from the Patriots?

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

because it's all about getting a title. if brady can get you that extra edge you go for that title right now.  

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Maybe... But he was worth just two when he didn't cost a bunch of money and when the NFL QB landscape was in much worse shape... Maybe just a three right now? Where would be a fit/who would want him? Not a whole lot of open QB spots this year. 

Miami?