Brady Free Agency speculation: Down to Bucs and... Chargers? Miami?

YoloinOhio

32 minutes ago, MJS said:

He had barely played by then. A team will give a 1st round pick for sure for Jimmy G. No doubt.

A team giving up a 1st round pick for Garoppolo would be idiotic.

Has anybody seen this guy play football? So overrated.

• Like (+1) 2

Is it weird that I really don’t care where Brady ends up? He looks like he’s about to fall off a cliff to me. If this were 5 years ago I’d be all over this. I’m completely indifferent at this point. He’s a pretty good starting QB now IMO. The days of shredding the Bills and the league are over. He’s still good enough to win on a good team (SF) but he’s not carrying anybody again.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

A team giving up a 1st round pick for Garoppolo would be idiotic.

Has anybody seen this guy play football? So overrated.

He has the stats to back it up and just took his team to the Superbowl. He's 19-5 as a starter with the 49ers. In 2019 had 4,000 yards, 27 TD's, 69.1% completion percentage, 102 QB rating. Those are very good numbers.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

He has the stats to back it up and just took his team to the Superbowl. He's 19-5 as a starter with the 49ers. In 2019 had 4,000 yards, 27 TD's, 69.1% completion percentage, 102 QB rating. Those are very good numbers.

Looking at his stats is one thing. Looking at him during game time is another.

He can thank the 49'ers defense and running game for his Win-Loss record.

When Garoppolo throws interceptions, he throws terrible looking interceptions, and lots of near interceptions.

He is not worth a first round pick, not even a 2nd round pick.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Ok I thought he was in limbo - maybe there was just talk of him getting replaced with all the better vet options out there 

I read some stuff as well, like Philip rivers to Miami cause he moved his family to Florida. Although I think Fitz is better than most of the vet QBs that are either on the block or ones that have been released 

24 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

When Garoppolo throws interceptions, he throws terrible looking interceptions, and lots of near interceptions.

Sports radio guys were deep into this last night on my way home, Brady to SF and Jimmy G back to NE.  You're right about Jimmy G and the proof was right there in the Super Bowl.  He had a lead in the 4Q and couldn't get it done. He was terrible on those last few drives and it cost them the game. Of course, he's still young and might improve.   Brady gives them one year...two at the outside.  So they pretty much need to draft his replacement this year or next and that won't be easy picking in the 30s.   

So it comes down to 'do we go all in for a Super Bowl, or do we stay the course for the long term'.  Tough call for SF, but it's the only place other than NE there is any possibility of Brady playing IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

He had plenty of stellar games too. Look, I don't think Jimmy G is an elite QB by any means, but he's a good starter and can win you a lot of games.

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

That's the least significant resume list item possible. Especially when directly below it is "lost a superbowl by missing critical throws."

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge Jimmy G Fan. But I could see the following teams strongly considering Jimmy G this offseason were he to become available

Bears

Miami

Carolina 

Tampa

Raiders

Chargers

Redskins

Colts

Not saying, they would get it but I wouldnt be shocked if he was traded for a 1st. Dude wins, has pretty good numbers, a manageable contract and just started the SB. Someone would be willing to take  chance on a guy like that

1 hour ago, nucci said:

what is he stretching out? Has he turned down offers from the Patriots?

I of course am not in on the details, but if Tawmy is out looking it’s because he thinks he can get more than the Pats have likely offered thus far, jmo. Why else would he be out looking? 

10 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge Jimmy G Fan. But I could see the following teams strongly considering Jimmy G this offseason were he to become available

Bears

Miami

Carolina 

Tampa

Raiders

Chargers

Redskins

Colts

Not saying, they would get it but I wouldnt be shocked if he was traded for a 1st. Dude wins, has pretty good numbers, a manageable contract and just started the SB. Someone would be willing to take  chance on a guy like that

All good points, and It might be a thing where a team prefers the sure thing over the hope of a good prospect.... Colts and Bears would make sense.

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Bears

Miami

Carolina 

Tampa

Raiders

Chargers

Redskins

Colts

i think anyone of those teams, outside of maybe the Colts, would give up a 1st for JG.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Boston media guy just to give you an idea of the angle their spinning it with:

Big difference between the two is that moving Jimmy frees up a ton of cap space. Moving Foles does not.

I think Brady wants to stay, but is angling for more money and thinks he can persuade Belicheck and Kraft. 

My money is on Belicheck having a plan...and interesting that Brady has people carrying water for him.  Perhaps it's Dalton or someone who'll give them an experienced QB. 

I wish more people understood that everyone has an angle they're trying to exploit.  And that's what Brady is doing here.  Reminds me of Derek Jeter getting upset near the end of his career when the Yankees wanted to offer less than the ~20M per he'd been paid.  That said, Brady's taken less for multiple years and sees QB pay exploding now.

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Yeah, his stats aren’t bad but he is in a great situation where a lot of guys would put up good stats.  

I think it would be absolutely hilarious if he goes to SF.  I would love to see who has the better year without each other: Brady or Belichick.  I mean Brady isn’t what he was but I think people are kinda overrating how “bad” he was.  NE’s skill players kinda sucked last year. 

37 minutes ago, MJS said:

He had plenty of stellar games too. Look, I don't think Jimmy G is an elite QB by any means, but he's a good starter and can win you a lot of games.

He was awesome twice against Arizona and really good against NO.  Other than That, he was kinda replacement level.  He doesn’t suck and certainly is a starter.  But they can upgrade. 

• Like (+1) 1