Gore and Singletary still training together in the offseason

YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I think Gore embraced the kid since he's coming from the school his kid playing at. Good for Devin and wish Frank to whatever next year brings him but prefer it not be as a RB with the Bills as he showed his age down the stretch.

Gore’s son actually signed to play at Southern Miss. He was originally a verbal commit to FAU, and flipped  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Lane Kiffin left.

He sure did 

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

The fact Gore can be productive at all in his mid 30’s is a testament to his offseason regiment. So glad Gore has taken Singletary under his wing.

It was a wise business move to pair those two together this season. Irrespective of my issues on the field with the play calling with Gore on outside zone run plays at the end of the season (I still wonder wtf), that mentoring could play dividends with Devin’s career. Who better to emulate your preparation, training etc after than that dude. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He sure did 

It was a wise business move to pair those two together this season. Irrespective of my issues on the field with the play calling with Gore on outside zone run plays at the end of the season (I still wonder wtf), that mentoring could play dividends with Devin’s career. Who better to emulate your preparation, training etc after than that dude. 

Agreed. Play calling wasn’t Gore’s fault, guy gave it his all every play, he just doesn’t have the burst anymore to run lateral. The value Gore provided seems to have extended way beyond the field. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was a wise move.........both business and football wise.

You and @GunnerBill were both very anti-Gore at his signing.......which was absurd for the cheap price.

But what he did on the field to help get them to the 5-1 start was outstanding..........and frankly his performance in the Patriots game  in Buffalo was extraordinary and they should have gotten to at least 6-0.

He was spent after all that work in a short span of time......but that fast start.....much of it with Singletary sidelined........ was the difference between them making the playoffs and being the 7-9 or 8-8 team they resembled after that.

I wouldn't be surprised if they re-signed him with no guarantees and drafted 2 RB's and then made the decision whether to keep Gore at the end of TC the way they did with McCoy.

• Like (+1) 4

The Bills need to draft or sign a good back up RB. I think they need a little speed in the back field. In addition to that, I would not be mad if they brought back Gore for another season in a smaller role. Hopefully the Bills can upgrade their Oline a little bit more as well. 

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He sure did 

Better than him hanging with Shady in the offseason and busting people in the head with champagne bottles. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'd still be perfectly fine bringing Gore back under the condition that we also draft another young RB to add to the room. Gore clearly wore down over the back half of the season, but he was a good contributor for the first half and clearly has made an impression on Singletary and I'm sure he would do the same for whoever we draft this year as well. Put him in the RB3 role and we should have a very good RB room IMO.

Edit: Of course this assumes that he would accept that role

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 4:53 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Good to see this mentorship still going strong from their year together. Even if I don’t foresee Gore back on the roster next year. 

Frank Gore is an absolute class act.  I loved when we signed him.  I still think it was a fantastic (and the right) move and I'm very happy that this relationship with Singletary remains solid.

• Like (+1) 1

hes a pros pro. Having Gore around is huge for the locker room.

I heard him on the radio in Miami. He has been mentoring Singletary. He mentioned he wants to continue living through him after hes done. 

Hes the one that got Singletary back in the gym. Singletary asked him what he should do with his time off. Gore said...two weeks off and get back it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/30/2020 at 7:26 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

It was a wise move.........both business and football wise.

You and @GunnerBill were both very anti-Gore at his signing.......which was absurd for the cheap price.

But what he did on the field to help get them to the 5-1 start was outstanding..........and frankly his performance in the Patriots game  in Buffalo was extraordinary and they should have gotten to at least 6-0.

He was spent after all that work in a short span of time......but that fast start.....much of it with Singletary sidelined........ was the difference between them making the playoffs and being the 7-9 or 8-8 team they resembled after that.

I wouldn't be surprised if they re-signed him with no guarantees and drafted 2 RB's and then made the decision whether to keep Gore at the end of TC the way they did with McCoy.

I don't see the Bills drafting 2 RB's, but I like this idea. Bringing Gore back would not be a bad move.