LeSean McCoy wants to retire an Eagle

sunshynman

I dislike when athletes throw shade (Shady throwing shade) at an organization that tried to do right by him.  The Bills stood by him through his legal theatrics and they didn't cut him despite signs of decline in his ability back in 2018.  They went so far to cut him at a time he could latch on to another team.  

He's in Frank Gore territory.  Your mind wants to continue playing the game of football but your legs submitted their resignation in Week 3 of the season.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, berg1029 said:

Accepting being a role player on a team that went 6-10 the previous year is much different than accepting being a role player on the team that went to the AFC championship the past year

MCcoy being in KC had little to nothing to do with them being in the Championship IMO

Just now, dpberr said:

I dislike when athletes throw shade (Shady throwing shade) at an organization that tried to do right by him.  The Bills stood by him through his legal theatrics and they didn't cut him despite signs of decline in his ability back in 2018.  They went so far to cut him at a time he could latch on to another team.  

He's in Frank Gore territory.  Your mind wants to continue playing the game of football but your legs submitted their resignation in Week 3 of the season.   

Not only that the Bills gave him an extension with new, added money for no reason other than his vague promise to act like a team player and leader.  He was very well-treated by OBD.

• Like (+1) 1

The more he opens his mouth the more I dislike him.  The Bills stuck by him through a bunch of garbage while he was here.  They kept him on after the cop stuff, after the girlfriend stuff and he is acting like we handcuffed him.    I am sure other teams wanted him in 2018, and I am sure they were offering a conditional 7th round pick for a 30 year old guy who was averaging 3.2 yards a carry.    I cant go back and look at the dead cap from 2018, but I would imagine they looked at what they would be getting back and it wasnt worth having to pay the dead cap.   Going into 2019 the dead cap was much less, and rather than trade him to some crap team they cut him to give him the option to sign with whoever wanted him.   Guess the Eagles didnt come calling. 

Rather than pay 9.5 million dollars for one guy who 979 yards in the last two years, they paid 2.75 for two guys who got them 1300 in one. 

He comes across like a bitter fool who doesnt realize its over.  The chase for 12k isnt happening man.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

End of the day the Bills kept Gore who lost more than a step or two,  let's hope HC Sean learns his lesson with keeping the good old boys with limited talent.  Your not winning with losers like Smith/Dimarco/Kroft and Murphy who need to go or this team will never take the next step and win a playoff game.  

If you are basing this on performance on the field then maybe.  But he also seemingly had a huge impact on Devin.  

I didn’t have a problem with the Gore signing early in the year.  He seemed to be running very strong but as the year wore on he got worse.  I think he should’ve been inactive toward the end.

14 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

"Better than the guys they had in camp."

No, Shady, sadly you weren't.

You are old and have lost a step.

Thanks for your time here, and you're entitled to your entirely wrong opinion.

He was at least as good as Gore and Yeldon and who knew about Singletary at that point.     He was certainly declining, but it wasn't a very impressive RB group at SJF.

I don't think his release had anything to do with money.   I think McBeane decided Gore would be a better mentor to Motor and Shady had to go since he'd want the ball--and there just weren't enough touches to go around.     Simple as that...

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

End of the day the Bills kept Gore who lost more than a step or two,  let's hope HC Sean learns his lesson with keeping the good old boys with limited talent.  Your not winning with losers like Smith/Dimarco/Kroft and Murphy who need to go or this team will never take the next step and win a playoff game.  

You did see Murphy get two sacks against the Texans? Yes?  Dimarco and Smith don't seem to do much but they are bottom of the depth chart so you can replace them with X and likely not get much more on the field. Kroft was injured most of the season so I can't blame him for that.

5 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

MCcoy being in KC had little to nothing to do with them being in the Championship IMO

No.  But the ride had to be a lot more fun.   

Glad he got to experience it one more time before they close his book...

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

He was at least as good as Gore and Yeldon and who knew about Singletary at that point.     He was certainly declining, but it wasn't a very impressive RB group at SJF.

I don't think his release had anything to do with money.   I think McBeane decided Gore would be a better mentor to Motor and Shady had to go since he'd want the ball--and there just weren't enough touches to go around.     Simple as that...

The only thing he was "better" at was running sideways. 

11 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Not only that the Bills gave him an extension with new, added money for no reason other than his vague promise to act like a team player and leader.  He was very well-treated by OBD.

I forgot about that, when it happened i was really perplexed, i wrote it off as some kind of paymen for being a "team leader".

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The TC reports were all about Singletary looking ridiculous 

I remember that, but during the preseason games Singletary seemed to do a lot better as a receiver than taking handoffs. 

One thing really bugging me about Shady at the time was the way he was interacting with Cole Beasley. Some on here saw it as good natured fun, but I thought McCoy looked like a total dbag.

33 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

More interesting is his comment that he was trying to leave and they wouldn't let him.  Wonder if that went back to 2018.

Yeah.  Here's the section from the article:

McCoy’s frustration with the Bills dated back to the 2018 trade deadline. With the Bills sputtering in the standings, McCoy was the source of plenty of trade rumors.

“My agent was getting a million calls,” McCoy said Monday. “I went to coach and said, ‘Hey man, what are we doing? You know, we're losing. It just was up and down. Are we rebuilding?’ If so, then let me roll. I'm older, I want to get a ring. … That's kind of how it happened.”

in October 2018, that's when Allen was hurt, we were starting Peterman and Anderson, the line couldn't run block and McCoy was getting like 0.5-1 ypc in 3 games.

Makes perfect sense that he would be frustrated and go to McDermott or Beane and say "hey, if you're getting offers, trade me". 

Of course, they wanted a decent run threat on the team when Allen returned from injury, so they weren't too interested in accommodating McCoy at that point.  I'm sure the episode stuck with them though, and raised the thought that McCoy would not be a happy camper to give up playing time to Singletary.  I mean, look at what he says:

" I just wish they would have been more honest, because I was trying to get out of there, and it's like, you handcuffed me, and then, when I guess the rookie was good enough that he could replace me in some way ... ”  

That doesn't sound like a very clear-sighted acknowledgement of the situation.

Buffalo gave Shady a contract extension with big money, a lot of playing time, and a playoff game.  I don't think we owe him a thing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

"Better than the guys they had in camp."

No, Shady, sadly you weren't.

You are old and have lost a step.

Thanks for your time here, and you're entitled to your entirely wrong opinion.

Other people have disagreed with me, but in one of the preseason games - Game 3 I think - they ran some of the same plays with Gore and McCoy.  I think that was their audition, and they wound up concluding that McCoy was not that much better than Gore at that point to be worth the extra dollars and possible locker room problems.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Other people have disagreed with me, but in one of the preseason games - Game 3 I think - they ran some of the same plays with Gore and McCoy.  I think that was their audition, and they wound up concluding that McCoy was not that much better than Gore at that point to be worth the extra dollars and possible locker room problems.

I was on the "trade shady" bandwagon in 2018. So maybe I've got some bias.

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

More interesting is his comment that he was trying to leave and they wouldn't let him.  Wonder if that went back to 2018.

Seems like its ex post facto since he said how much he loved it here repeatedly before that

Edited by matter2003