The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This story will change zero people's minds -- because it's a nothing story dressed up as if it were a bombshell. 

It's not.

Rush has been making this point for 45 minutes now. Your talking points are right on cue.

Id rule 2 it but it’s live radio.

Edited by wAcKy ZeBrA

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This story will change zero people's minds -- because it's a nothing story dressed up as if it were a bombshell. 

It's not.

Probably true. Trump followers are clueless and really don't care what he does. He could grab em by the  ***** on live tv and would be cheered on by the degenerates! 

• Like (+1) 2

TODAY IN FAKE NEWS

Have you heard? Bob Woodward—pause for reverential ooohs and aaahs here—has a new book out, with the claim that Trump lied about COVID-19 when it first erupted way back in early February. “Trump admits he lied about COVID-19 threat in new Woodward book,” says the Puffington Host headline.

But what did he actually say according to the story?

“You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,” Trump said in a Feb. 7 call with Woodward. “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu. This is deadly stuff,” he repeated.

“I wanted to always play it down,” Trump told Woodward on March 19, according to a copy of the book obtained by CNN. “I still like playing it down, because I don’t want to create a panic.

Normally “avoiding a public panic” would be a reason for praise, but people afflicted with Trump Derangement Syndrome can’t help themselves.

Remember that this statement was made around the time that Trump halted flights from China, and Europe shortly thereafter. And what did the media and Democrats say? Xenophobia! Racism! Unnecessary! Keep in mind that as late as March 15 NYC’s Communist Mayor Bill de Blasio was still telling people to attend the St. Patrick’s Day Parade, and San Francisco Democrats were telling people that it’s no problem to attend Chinese New Year. Ask yourself: if Trump had sounded a larger alarm than he did (with the CDC having blown the test regime), just imagine what Democrats and their media toadies would have said. They’d accuse Trump of whipping up panic for political reasons.

Meanwhile, have you heard that the recent Sturgis, South Dakota annual motorcycle meetup has unleashed a COVID wave an order of magnitude larger than all the Black Lives Matter protests and rallies put together? (Funny how protests are immune from spreading COVID.)  More than 250,000 new cases! Which would be a spread rate a couple orders of magnitude higher than any country has experienced even in a New York nursing home. That’s the claim of this study from. . . Germany. Germany? Needless to say, this study has received the usual credulous coverage in our media.

More at the link:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Remember that this statement was made around the time that Trump halted flights from China, and Europe shortly thereafter. And what did the media and Democrats say? Xenophobia! Racism

This is #FakeNews. You also forgot Rule #2, as normal.

The evidence is a fake Schumer Tweet and Biden talking about Trump being xenophobic in general.

Edited by wAcKy ZeBrA

1 minute ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

This is #FakeNews. You also forgot Rule #2, as normal.

The evidence is a fake Schumer Tweet and Biden talking about Trump being xenophobic in general.

“Go Bills - this board has lost it's luster. 

I'll be back when Biden wins. Until then, sayonara all.”

-  Jake Sully

• Like (+1) 1

So...let me get this straight.....Bob Woodward has an interview with the leader of the Free World back in February in which he was told “WE’RE ALL GOING TO DIE!” but since he has such high journalism standards Bob decided not tell anyone until seven months later so he could publish a book about it? Sure....that makes sense.  😂

• Like (+1) 1

We’re gonna be on a national stage, and there are gonna be a lot of cameras watching Patrick (Mahomes) and Tyreek (Hill) and Travis (Kelce) and Frank (Clark) and everything they’re doing on the field,” Kansas City President Mark Donovan said Wednesday. "There are also gonna be some cameras that are pointed at our stands and wanna see our fans and wanna see if they are compliant.”

https://kywnewsradio.radio.com/articles/news/nfl-season-opens-tonight-with-kansas-city-allowing-some-fans

OMG.

Are you tuning in to see if the fans are "compliant?"

This country is already gone who are we all kidding. 

Compliant.  My God.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

We’re gonna be on a national stage, and there are gonna be a lot of cameras watching Patrick (Mahomes) and Tyreek (Hill) and Travis (Kelce) and Frank (Clark) and everything they’re doing on the field,” Kansas City President Mark Donovan said Wednesday. "There are also gonna be some cameras that are pointed at our stands and wanna see our fans and wanna see if they are compliant.”

https://kywnewsradio.radio.com/articles/news/nfl-season-opens-tonight-with-kansas-city-allowing-some-fans

OMG.

Are you tuning in to see if the fans are "compliant?"

This country is already gone who are we all kidding. 

Compliant.  My God.  

I assumed most people who post in this forum are done with football to begin with and don't care.

Of course people will be checking on if fans are compliant... if they are it's good news for fans in other stadiums.

17 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Didn’t know they got classified security briefings.  It was obvious to me Trump downplayed/lied about the severity of the virus after those senators dumped all those financial stocks in late January after they were briefed.  All this tape did was confirm it.  

So the media speaks about things they know nothing then? If they were so unreliable then why are they reliable now?

Lastly, Trump was giving conjecture from the briefings. The Covid thing has been overblown since day 1 one direction or another. 

Now with the CDC admitting it's only 6% directly related and 2.4% from ancillary issues why hasn't the media blown that trumpet? Oh that's right they said it's a misunderstanding of the stats. It's been proven to be less deadly than the flu unless we count motorcyclists who die in accidents, and people with pneumonia who are dying who die WITH covid. 

To say Trump was underplaying it was proven to be correct.

19 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

We're still in a pandemic.

Where?

Oh wait....by pandemic you mean there is a severe flu bug still out there.......not a pandemic as in, our hospitals are stressed and overwhelmed due to a virus that 99.5% of people survive. 

My bad.  I forgot the goal posts have moved on the definition of a pandemic to.  

I guess we need a few more days reporting bc everyone said Monday that the case reports were slowed due to the holiday.  

We're at 17K cases both fake positives and real today.  Probably be at around 30K total.  500 deaths half of them from Florida and they all likely occurred weeks ago.  Maybe months.  

2 more weeks I guess.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsToast said:

So the media speaks about things they know nothing then? If they were so unreliable then why are they reliable now?

Lastly, Trump was giving conjecture from the briefings. The Covid thing has been overblown since day 1 one direction or another. 

Now with the CDC admitting it's only 6% directly related and 2.4% from ancillary issues why hasn't the media blown that trumpet? Oh that's right they said it's a misunderstanding of the stats. It's been proven to be less deadly than the flu unless we count motorcyclists who die in accidents, and people with pneumonia who are dying who die WITH covid. 

To say Trump was underplaying it was proven to be correct.

They're not.  I heard the tape though.

As far as cases, WE ALREADY KNEW THAT it was rare to die from Covid without some preexisting condition.  Thus, protecting the weak and vulnerable (people with preexisting conditions) from contracting the virus.  It's not fricken rocket science.

8 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Trump made things so political while the poor innocent loyal opposition was just trying to get through their Unity Impeachment Trial? What a crockofshit. The dems have been fighting Trump tooth and nail for the last 4 years. They've used every dirty trick and lie possible to bring him down and now the deeply partisan tone is all his fault? "There are none so blind as those who refuse to see". 

Both sides made things political Captain one-eye.  

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Where?

Oh wait....by pandemic you mean there is a severe flu bug still out there.......not a pandemic as in, our hospitals are stressed and overwhelmed due to a virus that 99.5% of people survive. 

My bad.  I forgot the goal posts have moved on the definition of a pandemic to.  

I guess we need a few more days reporting bc everyone said Monday that the case reports were slowed due to the holiday.  

We're at 17K cases both fake positives and real today.  Probably be at around 30K total.  500 deaths half of them from Florida and they all likely occurred weeks ago.  Maybe months.  

2 more weeks I guess.  

Thanks Donald! 

32 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Both sides made things political Captain one-eye.  

You might want to read things a little more carefully, it might help your reading comprehension. Stating that both parties are equally culpable for the extreme partisanship that we have is to ignore the fact that the Left has been viciously attacking Trump for the last 4 years. People entrenched in the CIA, FBI, DOJ, NSA and the State Department used their official capacity to try to oust Trump. They actually attempted a coup. To nonchalantly state that both sides share in the blame equally is to not know what's been going on in this country. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

DR. FAUCI DISPUTES WOODWARD’S ACCOUNT

Yesterday, Steve discussed Bob Woodward’s bit about President Trump allegedly downplaying the Wuhan coronavirus. Calling for a shutdown of the U.S. economy seems like an odd way to downplay something, but I suppose Trump could have highlighted the threat by hiding in a bunker. 

What else is he going to say?

idiots 

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

You want to know what post pandemic America looks like?

Tune in to the game tonight.  

It's going to look like an organized rally for Kim Jung Un but everyone 6 feet apart, in masks, chants have been banned, no tomahawk chop, and no depictions of Indians.  

calm down doomer. trumps rallys are more in line with what you just mentioned than anything going on at a football game. 

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

TODAY IN FAKE NEWS

Have you heard? Bob Woodward—pause for reverential ooohs and aaahs here—has a new book out, with the claim that Trump lied about COVID-19 when it first erupted way back in early February. “Trump admits he lied about COVID-19 threat in new Woodward book,” says the Puffington Host headline.

But what did he actually say according to the story?

“You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,” Trump said in a Feb. 7 call with Woodward. “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu. This is deadly stuff,” he repeated.

“I wanted to always play it down,” Trump told Woodward on March 19, according to a copy of the book obtained by CNN. “I still like playing it down, because I don’t want to create a panic.

Normally “avoiding a public panic” would be a reason for praise, but people afflicted with Trump Derangement Syndrome can’t help themselves.

Remember that this statement was made around the time that Trump halted flights from China, and Europe shortly thereafter. And what did the media and Democrats say? Xenophobia! Racism! Unnecessary! Keep in mind that as late as March 15 NYC’s Communist Mayor Bill de Blasio was still telling people to attend the St. Patrick’s Day Parade, and San Francisco Democrats were telling people that it’s no problem to attend Chinese New Year. Ask yourself: if Trump had sounded a larger alarm than he did (with the CDC having blown the test regime), just imagine what Democrats and their media toadies would have said. They’d accuse Trump of whipping up panic for political reasons.

Meanwhile, have you heard that the recent Sturgis, South Dakota annual motorcycle meetup has unleashed a COVID wave an order of magnitude larger than all the Black Lives Matter protests and rallies put together? (Funny how protests are immune from spreading COVID.)  More than 250,000 new cases! Which would be a spread rate a couple orders of magnitude higher than any country has experienced even in a New York nursing home. That’s the claim of this study from. . . Germany. Germany? Needless to say, this study has received the usual credulous coverage in our media.

More at the link:

Best Moving Goalposts GIFs | Gfycat

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/9/2020 at 10:02 PM, Doc Brown said:

Didn’t know they got classified security briefings.  It was obvious to me Trump downplayed/lied about the severity of the virus after those senators dumped all those financial stocks in late January after they were briefed.  All this tape did was confirm it.  

Why Trump was still talking to Woodward after that  unflattering book is the only surprising part.

Trump has no layers to him. He wants attention.  He’ll talk to a high school newspaper if he thought it would get him ratings.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

You might want to read things a little more carefully, it might help your reading comprehension. Stating that both parties are equally culpable for the extreme partisanship that we have is to ignore the fact that the Left has been viciously attacking Trump for the last 4 years. People entrenched in the CIA, FBI, DOJ, NSA and the State Department used their official capacity to try to oust Trump. They actually attempted a coup. To nonchalantly state that both sides share in the blame equally is to not know what's been going on in this country. 

First, this is about the virus and how it was handled, not about Trump in general.  Second, most Americans are aware the MSM enjoys spreading filth about Trump, turning around and spreading right wing filth blindly deifying Trump does not make it ok or make you any more discerning.

Third, despite all the bluster on this board there are no significant prosecutions in this supposed coup, just a lot of empty words and promises "Durham, Labor Day". 

Lastly for now, anyone such as yourself, who seems to seriously believe China planned to unleash Covid 19 upon the world in their own country, to the detriment of their own country, their own country's reputation, and the world economy in which they flourish, should not lecture anyone about their comprehension of a situation.  That is as twisted and nonsensical a take on a situation as exists in this world.  

3 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

First, this is about the virus and how it was handled, not about Trump in general.  Second, most Americans are aware the MSM enjoys spreading filth about Trump, turning around and spreading right wing filth blindly deifying Trump does not make it ok or make you any more discerning.

Third, despite all the bluster on this board there are no significant prosecutions in this supposed coup, just a lot of empty words and promises "Durham, Labor Day". 

Lastly for now, anyone such as yourself, who seems to seriously believe China planned to unleash Covid 19 upon the world in their own country, to the detriment of their own country, their own country's reputation, and the world economy in which they flourish, should not lecture anyone about their comprehension of a situation.  That is as twisted and nonsensical a take on a situation as exists in this world.  

So, when China cut off travel in and out of Wuhan domestically but allowed people from Wuhan to travel worldwide, denied that the virus could spread from people to people and then secretly purchased as much protective gear as they could, it was all innocent as could be? I don't claim that China knowingly spread the virus around the world initially but their actions once it became known in China were deplorable and they certainly unleashed biological warfare on the world. 

• Thank you (+1) 2