The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

I believe you're being rhetorical, but it's higher and but nobody will really know the full toll until time passes.  Seems to take 3 months to fill int he data.  THere was a good blip (excess death) that exceeds the normal death rate for the year so far (>200k).  As more time passes, I expect a similar lull in numbers as we've weeded out the weak population that the flu, cancer, etc would have killed later this year.  This opinion is terribly harsh, but so is life and death.  Deal with it.  

By mid 2021 let's get back together and dissect the numbers, I think we'll see this sucked, but not as bad as everyone wants it to be.

Can you admit that if few followed the President things would be much worse? Because it would 

8 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Not sure if this is true. We might have had a spike sooner. 

Herd “mentality” wouldn’t have caused more widespread sickness? No wearing masks, holding Easter church services? There would have been more mourning in America for sure. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Herd “mentality” wouldn’t have caused more widespread sickness? No wearing masks, holding Easter church services? There would have been more mourning in America for sure. 

Our deaths per capita is right in line with Europe, including southern Europe that shut down AND had mask compliance. And we're in some ways worse per capita than northern Europe that had less mask compliance!

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

Our deaths per capita is right in line with Europe, including southern Europe that shut down AND had mask compliance. And we're in some ways worse per capita than northern Europe that had less mask compliance!

Ok, I said that if we followed the president's advice, we didn't. You think we would of been worse off if Mr. "It will magically disappear by April" had been listened to? 

2 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

There's a Sturgis event every year regardless of who the president is.

There's not an indoor Tulsa Trump rally every year.

You know that, though, 5G.

There are also millions going in and out of Walmarts & Costcos on a daily basis.  Last I checked they are indoor facilities.

23 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Again with the touchdown dance on Herman Cain's grave.

His dance notwithstanding, it's sad that his death resulted from an ill-advised rally and his more ill-advised attendance thereof. 

The lesson I hope his death carries is that if you're at risk and don't want to get Covid, stay home. 

14 minutes ago, GG said:

There are also millions going in and out of Walmarts & Costcos on a daily basis.  Last I checked they are indoor facilities.

In other news, they buy food and have to wear a mask to both enter and remain therein.  Sturgis, by contrast, involved a bunch of people on motorcycles who ate, drank, and listened to Smashmouth with nary a mask in sight.  Otherwise, basically apples to apples. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Ok, I said that if we followed the president's advice, we didn't. You think we would of been worse off if Mr. "It will magically disappear by April" had been listened to? 

This is a moronic comment. 
if we had listened to it?  We all listened to it. 
it doesn’t matter. 
Sweden listened to it and they have no deaths now. 
No masks no lockdown no Trump. 
You antiTrumpers are so predictable. 

By the end of this ‘pandemic’ we will see a small increase in excess deaths and in return we will have completely destroyed the global economy. 

Well done everyone. Well done. 

On 9/15/2020 at 8:46 AM, BillsFanNC said:

Here's link to the paper from the virologist claiming evidence of laboratory origin of virus.  I will reserve comment until i have time to read it..

https://zenodo.org/record/4028830#.X2C2YhgpCDb

I just finished reading the paper.  It gets deep into the weeds of molecular cloning and 3D structure modeling of the spike protein, most importantly the receptor binding motif (RBM) within it that is critical to binding and infectivity.  This is not hand waving pie in the sky speculation.  This is at minimum very concerning data containing potential evidence of an engineered virus created in a lab.  In a real world where we actually "follow the science" other researchers should be clamoring for access to viral banks contained in the labs she highlights in order to answer some of the questions raised.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I just finished reading the paper.  It gets deep into the weeds of molecular cloning and 3D structure modeling of the spike protein, most importantly the receptor binding motif (RBM) within it that is critical to binding and infectivity.  This is not hand waving pie in the sky speculation.  This is at minimum very concerning data containing potential evidence of an engineered virus created in a lab.  In a real world where we actually "follow the science" other researchers should be clamoring for access to viral banks contained in the labs she highlights in order to answer some of the questions raised.

From a completely uneducated person in virology, when was the last time that a deadly virus only affected one segment of a vulnerable population?  Why are the very young, who have undeveloped immunity systems not affected by this thing?

34 minutes ago, Bakin said:

This is a moronic comment. 
if we had listened to it?  We all listened to it. 
it doesn’t matter. 
Sweden listened to it and they have no deaths now. 
No masks no lockdown no Trump. 
You antiTrumpers are so predictable. 

By the end of this ‘pandemic’ we will see a small increase in excess deaths and in return we will have completely destroyed the global economy. 

Well done everyone. Well done. 

So it would of been fine if Easter services and all the churches were full? 

Bull shyt 

40 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

In other news, they buy food and have to wear a mask to both enter and remain therein.  Sturgis, by contrast, involved a bunch of people on motorcycles who ate, drank, and listened to Smashmouth with nary a mask in sight.  Otherwise, basically apples to apples. 

Wait! Are you my father? This is a free country where adults are allowed to live as they choose. There’s nobody in America that doesn’t know of the ‘risks’ involved with Covid 19. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GG said:

Indeed. The question was posed, would things be different with the virus if Trump was not president? Would any lives have been saved?

People would still be going on and out of Walmarts & Costcos regardless of the president.

People would still go to Sturgis for the bike rally regardless of the president.

The only reason anyone was in that building in Tulsa was because of the president.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Wait! Are you my father? This is a free country where adults are allowed to live as they choose. There’s nobody in America that doesn’t know of the ‘risks’ involved with Covid 19. 

Hoax.  https://www.newsweek.com/how-talk-covid-deniers-1525496

Additional Rule #2 evidence: 

Edited by SectionC3

1 hour ago, GG said:

From a completely uneducated person in virology, when was the last time that a deadly virus only affected one segment of a vulnerable population?  Why are the very young, who have undeveloped immunity systems not affected by this thing?

could be because of the 72 vaccination shots they have already endured by the time ttey enter school

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

Obesity is a huge factor in outcome and Americans are more likely to be obese than Europeans.

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Listening to smash mouth should be an automatic death sentence.

22 minutes ago, spartacus said:

could be because of the 72 vaccination shots they have already endured by the time ttey enter school

But babies/infants that haven't yet had vaccinations have the lowest mortality rates of all from this virus.  They are extremely vulnerable to other viruses, but not this one.  A very good question is: why?

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Indeed. The question was posed, would things be different with the virus if Trump was not president? Would any lives have been saved?

People would still be going on and out of Walmarts & Costcos regardless of the president.

People would still go to Sturgis for the bike rally regardless of the president.

The only reason anyone was in that building in Tulsa was because of the president.

It's fair to consider whether an indoor campaign event directly contributed to a spike in cases.  It's also fair to examine the data and come to the conclusion that the rally was NOT a superspreader event.  

26 minutes ago, spartacus said:

I'm talking about the very young, who are usually highly susceptible to the ordinary flu, but somehow are immune from the lethal effects of a far more deadly virus.   Seems very odd and extraordinary to me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Wow, if a wedding kills seven people, Trump’s super spreader rallies can blow through that much quicker! 

Trump is death 

image.jpeg.a2acb2569737982c691520861c434653.jpeg

2 hours ago · The pastor who officiated the wedding preaches at a church that has had 10 infections traced to it yet has criticized pandemic

2 hours ago, GG said:

I'm not sure. When all is said and done with this pandemic it may turn out to not be much different than seasonal or pandemic flu in terms of populations it hits hardest.  Flu also disproportionately kills elderly, immunocompromised and those with pre-existing conditions like obesity, heart disease and diabetes. 

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

So it would of been fine if Easter services and all the churches were full? 

Bull shyt 

Whats bullshyt is your statement. Yes Trump hoped that the churches would be full on Easter. He also said:

"I'm not sure that's going to be the day," but "that would be a beautiful thing."

At a press briefing Tuesday evening, Trump appeared to back off the idea even further. "We'll only do it if it's good," Trump said, adding that he is "very much in touch" with White House experts. "I just think it would be a beautiful timeline."

"Our decision will be based on hard facts and data as to the opening" of the economy, Trump said in that presser. "Every decision is grounded solely in the health, safety and wellbeing of our citizens."

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bakin said:

Whats bullshyt is your statement. Yes Trump hoped that the churches would be full on Easter. He also said:

"I'm not sure that's going to be the day," but "that would be a beautiful thing."

At a press briefing Tuesday evening, Trump appeared to back off the idea even further. "We'll only do it if it's good," Trump said, adding that he is "very much in touch" with White House experts. "I just think it would be a beautiful timeline."

"Our decision will be based on hard facts and data as to the opening" of the economy, Trump said in that presser. "Every decision is grounded solely in the health, safety and wellbeing of our citizens."

He wanted to open everything up in the face of the pandemic. It would have been a disaster. You people just rewrite history in your brains the way Orwell had Big Brother doing it. You people are intellectually dead for Trump. Ya, he is a total F up. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

I’ll assume that’s a yes (I’ll equate the damage to lung tissue therein with lung scarring).  So, question #2, does the flu cause lung scarring at a rate or incident equivalent to COVID-19?