The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

19 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Is it carrying the virus?

Is what? The moister? Yes. And it fogging up your glasses is proof its slowing the spread of it. 

Bring it! I love you anti-science guys. Because you also do not believe in man made global warming, right? 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Is what? The moister? Yes. And it fogging up your glasses is proof its slowing the spread of it. 

Bring it! I love you anti-science guys. Because you also do not believe in man made global warming, right? 

So after I wipe my glasses and touch the door handle at the local dollar general what happens?

1 minute ago, Gary M said:

So after I wipe my glasses and touch the door handle at the local dollar general what happens?

That's why Dr. Fauci warns us to wash our hands 

Just now, B-Man said:

Dr Fauci says it is safe to vote in person..........nuff said.

Ok 

You are another anti-science zealot. 

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He's right

I trust him, he's an expert. Can you post links to prove he said those things? He's been consistent from what I've seen. 

And, you also doubt global warming? Or something along those line? 

No, don’t doubt global warming at all. Can debate causes and remedy’s , but not a doubt the climate is changing. 

see, that’s the problem, what on Gods green earth do my thoughts on global warming, or who I vote for, what in the world does that have to do with Covid. I am been on PPP for 4 years, always a never Trumper. Still am. ( although that may be changing). 

truth and honesty has to go both ways, both sides lying out their arses on Covid. 

and BTW, I linked to Fauci no mask already. 

here is his 60k

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/09/830664814/fauci-says-u-s-coronavirus-deaths-may-be-more-like-60-000-antibody-tests-on-way

sint have time to link all the rest. J

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, spartacus said:

prior to 2020, the science was clear masks do not work to stop microscopic airborne particles

physics does not allow a N95 mask with stopping power of .5 microns to stop covid airborne particles no bigger tha .27 mircrons

Masks are specifically droplet precautions, though.  And that goes a long way - airborne viruses are not transmitted on their own as free-floating bodies, but within droplets and aerosols in the 1-50 micron range.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

No, don’t doubt global warming at all. Can debate causes and remedy’s , but not a doubt the climate is changing. 

see, that’s the problem, what on Gods green earth do my thoughts on global warming, or who I vote for, what in the world does that have to do with Covid. I am been on PPP for 4 years, always a never Trumper. Still am. ( although that may be changing). 

truth and honesty has to go both ways, both sides lying out their arses on Covid. 

and BTW, I linked to Fauci no mask already. 

here is his 60k

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/09/830664814/fauci-says-u-s-coronavirus-deaths-may-be-more-like-60-000-antibody-tests-on-way

sint have time to link all the rest. J

No surprise you are changing, the attempt to discredit Fauci is pretty telling there. And Fauci quote there is suppose to prove what? It was April and it seemed like people were going to follow the guidelines, that they didn’t and things got worse is suppose to be a surprise?? Huh? 

And like I saiid, Fauci has been consistent every time I’ve seen and listened to him. Not sure where these quotes are coming from that he said something different. 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No surprise you are changing, the attempt to discredit Fauci is pretty telling there. And Fauci quote there is suppose to prove what? It was April and it seemed like people were going to follow the guidelines, that they didn’t and things got worse is suppose to be a surprise?? Huh? 

And like I saiid, Fauci has been consistent every time I’ve seen and listened to him. Not sure where these quotes are coming from that he said something different. 

Fauci has changed his opinions on this as much as anyone. He is to be praised for his work, and his dedication to this country. It does not mean he is a Demigod who is infallible. 

he has made mistakes in calculations, guess what, he is human. 

Unfortunately  , Trump is such a great divider and the opposition to him so fierce rational and critical thought is out the window, now it is seen through the light Of Pro Trump or Never Trump. 

and that’s a damn shame when millions are being driven into poverty and countless lives affected in so many ways ( see my list above) , but. Party above all else is prevailing... on both sides. 

let me ask you this, do you dispute the NYT findings that as many of 90% of the cases would not be cases if the CT rate was 30 instead of all the way up to 40?

10 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Fauci has changed his opinions on this as much as anyone. He is to be praised for his work, and his dedication to this country. It does not mean he is a Demigod who is infallible. 

he has made mistakes in calculations, guess what, he is human. 

Unfortunately  , Trump is such a great divider and the opposition to him so fierce rational and critical thought is out the window, now it is seen through the light Of Pro Trump or Never Trump. 

and that’s a damn shame when millions are being driven into poverty and countless lives affected in so many ways ( see my list above) , but. Party above all else is prevailing... on both sides. 

let me ask you this, do you dispute the NYT findings that as many of 90% of the cases would not be cases if the CT rate was 30 instead of all the way up to 40?

I don't agree with this at all. Your point was about masks. But he has been consistent on the point from everything I have seen from day one. I've been watching and have never seen him say anything different. And then there's the fact that every other public health official I've watched or read has backed that up. So it's case closed to me. Wear the damn mask. 

Trump the idiot has said other wise, or even made fun of the idea, while protecting himself and calling his people out to come and take risks--away from him. 

Both sides? One side believes the science, the other side, not so much. Is it irrational to follow the experts? Is it irrational to contradict the experts? No and yes IMO. 

And the poverty and lives lost? Whose fault is that? 

Can you link to NYT findings so I can understand what you are talking about? Does it have anything to do with masks? 

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I don't agree with this at all. Your point was about masks. But he has been consistent on the point from everything I have seen from day one. I've been watching and have never seen him say anything different. And then there's the fact that every other public health official I've watched or read has backed that up. So it's case closed to me. Wear the damn mask. 

Trump the idiot has said other wise, or even made fun of the idea, while protecting himself and calling his people out to come and take risks--away from him. 

Both sides? One side believes the science, the other side, not so much. Is it irrational to follow the experts? Is it irrational to contradict the experts? No and yes IMO. 

And the poverty and lives lost? Whose fault is that? 

Can you link to NYT findings so I can understand what you are talking about? Does it have anything to do with masks? 

Jesus, i know there is a reason i never respond to you. My point was just  cause Fauci says it, does not make it so. 

Posted this earlier, but apparently you did not want to watch.

In terms of listening to the science, neither "side" is, but especially the left.Look at the two articles below, noth from "liberal" publications. And yet you have no idea what the science proves, and yet claim your side follows the science. That's rich.

here is the NYT article

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/health/coronavirus-testing.html

and another for the Star Tribune

https://www.startribune.com/broad-covid-19-testing-under-microscope/572396572/

and here is the thing..I blame Trump for not setting a national standard for this, no doubt. Does not change the fact that NYT says 90 % could be false positves, and the Star Tribune says at least 43% false at 35CT.

So case rates from PCR tests in most states are pure junk...state and  and labs setting the bar to high, Trump not setting a national rate exacerbated the problem. And oh, just for poops and giggles, why has Fauci not weighed in on this? I mean our whole nation is in a freaking holding pattern over these "cases"...what if 43% of the cases just went away..and logically 43% of the people who died "with covid"...that is what science asks.

Do you want to get into the subject of Herd Immunity..and what the "media" and left is saying as the threshold as opposed to the scientists? I can go on that all day as well

At least have an honest debate and leave the hatred for Trump at the door. Peoples lives and livelhoods are at stake, but all you care about is winning and getting Trump out of office, no matter the cost

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Jesus, i know there is a reason i never respond to you. My point was just  cause Fauci says it, does not make it so. 

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

At least have an honest debate and leave the hatred for Trump at the door. Peoples lives and livelhoods are at stake, but all you care about is winning and getting Trump out of office, no matter the cost

image.thumb.png.91e8787ed2afec1ee067ce65ead29f8b.png

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Posted this earlier, but apparently you did not want to watch.

A) I trust Fauci, that was my point. Nothing you have said or posted would lead me to even consider changing my opinion. 

B) You seem a bit arrogant, so what if you don't respond to me? And that you posted something earlier like I read every post here, whatever. But I'll watch! 

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

In terms of listening to the science, neither "side" is, but especially the left.Look at the two articles below, noth from "liberal" publications. And yet you have no idea what the science proves, and yet claim your side follows the science. That's rich.

Oh, I'd say the left took this way more seriously, and Trump is just flat out lying about it to the public. And you say the left is not taking it seriously, ok 

I'll read when I get a few minutes 

13 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

The testing of a new virus got off to a rocky start? Well, imagine that? The 200,000 or so deaths are real. Right? I'm sure mistake get made, but that doesn't mean I don't trust Fauci about masks. I still do 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

s. 

the CDC instructions  (p 26) mandate that all PCR tests run for 45 cycles (to generate 35 TRILLION copies)

why would 45 cycles be needed if testing is supposed to be at 40 cycles- (which is way too high anyway)

45 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The testing of a new virus got off to a rocky start? Well, imagine that? The 200,000 or so deaths are real. Right? I'm sure mistake get made, but that doesn't mean I don't trust Fauci about masks. I still do 

Thank you for proving you did not read the article. It has nothing to do with "getting off to a rocky start".,,zero.but i know, you follow the science, even if that means you don't actually read anything besides talking points.

41 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I read the transcript of this and he did say, back when there was a shortage and health care providers needed them. More info has also been gathered since then. 

I'm still trusting him. 

do we forget all the "any cloth covering will do"  make a homemade mask etc he was telling us 4 weeks after this interview? Guy made a mistake, does not mean he is not right now, just means he can make mistakes..but you seem to believe that anything he says is Gospel...kinda like what you accuse the MAGA crowd of doing

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Thank you for proving you did not read the article. It has nothing to do with "getting off to a rocky start".,,zero.but i know, you follow the science, even if that means you don't actually read anything besides talking points.

do we forget all the "any cloth covering will do"  make a homemade mask etc he was telling us 4 weeks after this interview? Guy made a mistake, does not mean he is not right now, just means he can make mistakes..but you seem to believe that anything he says is Gospel...kinda like what you accuse the MAGA crowd of doing

This is a new virus, so new testing. Rocky start. Pretty simple man. 

You comparing Fauci advice to Trump’s? Come on, that’s ridiculous. Trying to make false equivalence points between a serious scientist and doofus who can’t tell the truth from a lie. And sure, he can make mistakes, but I still believe him. 

Fauci is very trust worthy. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You comparing Fauci advice to Trump’s? Come on, that’s ridiculous. Trying to make false equivalence points between a serious scientist and doofus who can’t tell the truth from a lie. And sure, he can make mistakes, but I still believe him. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

cmon dude, at least try to get educated. Its an article in the New York Times..ya know, that bastion of conservative thought. Better too stay silent and have everyone thing you dumb, then to talk and confirm it. 

This has nothing to do with rocky starts , it has to do with the science of the tests. Please tell me what you disagree with in regards to  the science that is laid out, in , again, the New York Times. 

After all, you claim you follow the science

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It’s not crass to point out a political reality. The virus goes to the background now, the next 45 days will be all about the court vacancy. 

The time to use her death as a PPP punchline is not within hours of it. 

But you got your moment in the sun in a political thread on a football board. Bravo. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Good Charts at link too. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/death-toll-from-covid-19-pandemic-extends-far-beyond-virus-victims-11600507800?st=9idsdlqxszoo8q0&reflink=article_copyURL_share

The CDC estimates there were somewhere between about 202,000 and 263,000 excess deaths in the U.S. this year through late August, measured against deaths from 2017 through 2019. The U.S. by that point had about 188,000 known Covid-19 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins. In New York City, the citywide death count surged by 35,000 in the most recent fiscal year, far exceeding the 19,142 confirmed and 4,625 probable virus-related deaths, authorities said Thursday. 

“We had no experience with this sort of thing, really,” Mr. Anderson said, regarding the pandemic. “The more we can learn about how things played out here and how the virus impacted mortality—not just directly, but indirectly—can help us God forbid we have another one of these.”

The CDC estimates there were somewhere between about 202,000 and 263,000 excess deaths in the U.S. this year through late August, measured against deaths from 2017 through 2019. The U.S. by that point had about 188,000 known Covid-19 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins. In New York City, the citywide death count surged by 35,000 in the most recent fiscal year, far exceeding the 19,142 confirmed and 4,625 probable virus-related deaths, authorities said Thursday. 

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

But you got your moment in the sun in a political thread on a football board. Bravo. 

Agree @shoshin.  Either side using death for political gain is gross.  Remember Herman CAin?

RIP

Edited by BeerLeagueHockey

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

For the millionth time, this space was created specifically to keep politics out of the football board.   You are perfectly free to contribute to the football board and avoid the politics board.   

What I have seen the past several weeks are restaurants figuring out how to survive this idiotic shutdown.  If they have a parking lot they have used that outdoor space for seating.  I had dinner last night at a local restaurant and they took a majority of their parking lot and turned it into an outdoor dining area. I see that all over town.  Couple that with being allowed to utilize 25% of their indoor dining (oh thank you, thank you daddy Newsom!) they are likely at or close to 100% of their original seating capacity.  I can see it now when this is over. 

GM: King Newsom is allowing us to fully reopen our indoor dining. And the city is also allowing us to keep the outdoor dining.  So we’ve decided to keep the outdoor seating. 

Kitchen Staff:  Nooooooooooooo.........

BTW I’ve had a business model in mind for years where the kitchen staff is bonused if they go over a specific number of covers a night. 

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

Unfortunately RBG crossed over that line all by herself. She should NEVER had made any comments about the current President. That is totally unacceptable by a sitting Justice. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Agree @shoshin.  Either side using death for political gain is gross.  Remember Herman CAin?

RIP

I do. You should go read my Herman Cain post where I said he deserved better than to made use of as a footnote to a trump rally, which as Meazza clarified was not his intent and to which I apologized for interpreting him incorrectly. 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You’re such an unbelievable pansy it’s kind of hilarious. :lol: 

You chose to not be decent. Your choice in a free world. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Unfortunately RBG crossed over that line all by herself. She should NEVER had made any comments about the current President. That is totally unacceptable by a sitting Justice. 

Different issue and there was a time and place to talk about that and I expect this board did. 

You get to chose if you’re decent or not now. Or now. Or now. 

Less than 24 hours from her death, now? 

2 hours ago, GG said:

For the millionth time, this space was created specifically to keep politics out of the football board.   You are perfectly free to contribute to the football board and avoid the politics board.   

Am I not free to critique boorish behavior and hope for better? Is that outside the PPP code? 

Edited by shoshin

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You’re such an unbelievable pansy it’s kind of hilarious. :lol: 

...LOL......these never ending stat rats are a comically sad bunch.....Herman Cain, as a cancer survivor and in a high risk category, attended the rally of HIS OWN volition, perhaps a bucket list item....if memory serves me, RBG survived FOUR different cancer bouts (do NOT know if Covid-19 was a part of her passing).....yet the stat rats still demand relevance.....200,000 deaths.....now factor out the fraudulent tabulation reporting, highly susceptible elderly, those with preexisting conditions, followed by auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, gunshot victims, suicides, Arkancides, fatal paper cuts et al, and we are probably down to 75,000+ deaths as a DIRECT RESULT of Covid-19......the annual flu season number.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

24 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I do. You should go read my Herman Cain post where I said he deserved better than to made use of as a footnote to a trump rally, which as Meazza clarified was not his intent and to which I apologized for interpreting him incorrectly. 

You chose to not be decent. Your choice in a free world. 

Different issue and there was a time and place to talk about that and I expect this board did. 

You get to chose if you’re decent or not now. Or now. Or now. 

Less than 24 hours from her death, now? 

Am I not free to critique boorish behavior and hope for better? Is that outside the PPP code? 

There's a wide gulf between a critique and calling for the subforum to be closed down.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

‘Until We Are Done With the Elections’

by John Podhoretz

Original Article

Did the official in charge of public health in Los Angeles County give the political game away in early September about the true purpose of the lockdown in her area?

In a conference call with school administrators, obtained by Steve Gregory of the radio station KFI, Barbara Ferrer spoke these words: “We don’t realistically anticipate that we would be moving to either Tier 2 or to reopening K–12 schools at least until after the election, in early November…it seems a more realistic approach to this until we are done with the elections.”

Ah. And what does the timing of the November election have to do with the spread of a virus

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1