The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Dr. Offit: Prepare to wear masks and socially distance even after getting COVID-19 vaccine

Dr. Paul Offit is a pediatrician at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia who co-invented the rotavirus vaccine (and apparently a public policy influencer and lunatic deranged with TDS)

MarketWatch: So, post-vaccination, are we still going to be wearing masks?

Offit: Yes — for a couple of years and doing the best we can to social distance. We can go back to school, as long as we do the kinds of things they’ve done in Denmark and other countries that have been able to do this successfully. We just don’t have that kind of federal leadership, sadly. People now see vaccines as a magic dust that’s about to be sprinkled over this country and make this all go away. It doesn’t work that way.

https://on.mktw.net/2ZKcSQo

No moron.  We need people like you to go away.  

Edited by Big Blitz

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Dr. Offit: Prepare to wear masks and socially distance even after getting COVID-19 vaccine

I TOLD YOUS!  These wonderful humans love their masks.  This just goes into the crazytalk bin, but just wait after a full winter of this crap.  Guys like @Tiberius will be loving the mask, by his calculations he'll be able to live forever.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Huh? 

Your side's politicization of this virus to take down the president is going to leave us with lots of souvenirs for years to come.  Of course you'll justify it after the fact as science or something.

I honestly don't care who is president, I sleep tight either way.  Your life is seems to be hanging in the balance, judging by the constant drivel I read.

Edited by BeerLeagueHockey
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

NYC complied with a lockdown after it was already screwed, back when you couldn't even buy masks, and before we had agreed-upon effective treatments (back then, they were still putting patients on their backs and thought ventilators were a good idea...and were just throwing random drugs at people and praying). There is also not one single city in America like NYC. It's different in density and lifestyle from every city in America. The lesson for how to treat a pandemic in NYC in April is not the lesson for how you treat a pandemic in Atlanta in July.  

We should look at the death toll, survival and hospitalization rates, and other Covid statistics after mid-May to predict how Covid will impact places not yet impacted. 

As to why you don't know anyone who died from it and all that, I can't speak to your experience and where you live. 200,000 deaths, mostly elderly, is not some small number but spread across 330,000,000 Americans, it's not large either. My wife works with older people and she knows many. Depends on the populations you know and work with. 

Why did NJ have worse stats than NYC?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Your side's politicization of this virus to take down the president is going to leave us with lots of souvenirs for years to come.  Of course you'll justify it after the fact as science or something.

I honestly don't care who is president, I sleep tight either way.  Your life is seems to be hanging in the balance, judging by the constant drivel I read.

Well said! And the odd part is that this is all being done to get to universal healthcare? Really? Sheeesh!

Texas opening almost all businesses to 75% capacity except for 3 regions of state

Texas is allowing most of the state’s businesses, including restaurants, retail stores, gyms and office buildings currently open at 50% capacity to open to 75% capacity beginning Monday.

Three regions excluded from this 75% capacity measure include the Rio Grande Valley, Laredo, and Victoria, according to Gov. Greg Abbott.

In those excluded areas, COVID-19 hospitalizations remain higher than 15% of total hospitalizations.

The 19 regions of the state allowed to open to 75%, including Fort Worth and Dallas, can also immediately resume elective medical procedures, and nursing homes and other types of assisted living centers that don’t have coronavirus outbreaks will be allowed to reopen for visitation under certain guidelines next week.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article245807020.html?utm_source=pushly&intcid=pushly_667545

Wow.  Using data and following protocol you set back in early April.  What a concept!

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, GG said:

Why did NJ have worse stats than NYC?

NYC has 23K deaths for 8.4M people...NJ has 16K deaths for 8.9M people. 

Back in April, the NY Metro Covid footprint was pretty much one blob that extended from northern NJ to CT and the whole zone was awful. Here in September, it's almost already hard to remember how bad things were on transmission and deaths back then.

I watched NJ hard for a personal reason and almost nothing was happening in NJ except in the northern counties, which were getting blasted. 

4 minutes ago, shoshin said:

NYC has 23K deaths for 8.4M people...NJ has 16K deaths for 8.9M people. 

Back in April, the NY Metro Covid footprint was pretty much one blob that extended from northern NJ to CT and the whole zone was awful. Here in September, it's almost already hard to remember how bad things were on transmission and deaths back then.

I watched NJ hard for a personal reason and almost nothing was happening in NJ except in the northern counties, which were getting blasted. 

NY has 1.7k deaths/million, while NJ has 1.8k deaths/million.    The commuting NJ counties are nowhere near as dense as NYC.  The most densely populated neighborhoods in NYC weren't the hardest hit, either.  Maybe there were other contributing factors to the carnage?

But we've discussed this before.   

1 hour ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

It’s working, you are losing. Ha ha, sucks to be you 

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...thought I read that somewhere followed the MSM refuting the number as misinterpreted.....................

They explained it away. Not a refutation. They were saying the 6% didn't count because there were 2.4% more which shows the people saying 6% were wrong. It's laughable.

Here read this:
https://www.deseret.com/u-s-world/2020/3/19/21187208/coronavirus-covid-19-italy-deaths-cases

I edited this because liberals only believe liberal sources:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-18/99-of-those-who-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says

Edited by BillsToast

4 minutes ago, BillsToast said:

They explained it away. Not a refutation. They were saying the 6% didn't count because there were 2.4% more which shows the people saying 6% were wrong. It's laughable.

Here read this:
https://www.deseret.com/u-s-world/2020/3/19/21187208/coronavirus-covid-19-italy-deaths-cases

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-18/99-of-those-who-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says

...MUCH appreciated!...thank you....:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

umm, okay, i see why you not so bright. @shoshin said he would be shocked to see death spike somehwere where they were hit hard, you then post data on cases.( edit..i was wrong here and was looking at wrong chart..you did post deaths, my apologies).which even though wrong data, cant find anywhere where cases have even spiked a second time except Lousiina, and that is due to New Orleans being so hard hit tight after Mardi Gras. 

The only other one with a 2nd wave of new cases appears to be ILL..granted 10X tests being done now..but even with that lets look at their daily new deaths

image.thumb.png.348619586f2c0a2876862db621181616.png

you Fear loving folks just keep grasping at straws and posting incorrect info..does it not get tired after a while?

46 minutes ago, BillsToast said:

Here read this:

from March..does not your case. 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Why? It's already happened.

There have been two death spikes? 

Nowhere yet thankfully. 

33 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

That shows nowhere had two spikes. Even if you dive in on say, CA, you see that it had two regional rises. 

There's almost no chance of another April. We've not seen that chaos twice anyplace in the world that got hit once. 

...I'd bet if you took out the highly susceptible/high risk elderly & and those with preexisting medical conditions, as well as the falsely reported vehicle/motorcycle/gun shot victims rubber stamped as "Covid-19", you'd get to the normal flu season deaths......BUT there is NO political capital in accuracy...my boss's daughter was sent home from 1st year in college after testing positive.....she has severe asthma.....he now tested positive and said based on his mild systems, "if THIS is why we shut down the country, it's a bigger joke than I thought".....and his daughter's asthma is just fine despite all of the published reports about respiratory issues with Covid-19......

• Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

umm, okay, i see why you not so bright. @shoshin said he would be shocked to see death spike somehwere where they were hit hard, you then post data on cases..which even though wrong data, cant find anywhere where cases have even spiked a second time except Lousiina, and that is due to New Orleans being so hard hit tight after Mardi Gras. 

The only other one with a 2nd wave of new cases appears to be ILL..granted 10X tests being done now..but even with that lets look at their daily new deaths

you Fear loving folks just keep grasping at straws and posting incorrect info..does it not get tired after a while?

His chart shows deaths not cases. 

Let’s aim for some civility. No one here is an epidemiologist. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, shoshin said:

His chart shows deaths not cases. 

Let’s aim for some civility. No one here is an epidemiologist. 

Based on his posting history, I’m not certain that he deserves it. 

That being said, yes the death rate in places already hit has gone down significantly.  

Edited by meazza

1 hour ago, GG said:

NY has 1.7k deaths/million, while NJ has 1.8k deaths/million.    The commuting NJ counties are nowhere near as dense as NYC.  The most densely populated neighborhoods in NYC weren't the hardest hit, either.  Maybe there were other contributing factors to the carnage?

But we've discussed this before.   

In your previous post you compared NY city to Jersey so I gave you the numbers to show you were wrong. 

Now you want to change the comparison. Of course it shows something different. Outside NYC metro, NY did fine. 

1 minute ago, meazza said:

Plenz seems ok and we should afford everyone civility and kindness. 

4 minutes ago, shoshin said:

In your previous post you compared NY city to Jersey so I gave you the numbers to show you were wrong. 

Now you want to change the comparison. Of course it shows something different. Outside NYC metro, NY did fine. 

Plenz seems ok and we should afford everyone civility and kindness. 

I meant BB

37 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

umm, okay, i see why you not so bright. @shoshin said he would be shocked to see death spike somehwere where they were hit hard, you then post data on cases.( edit..i was wrong here and was looking at wrong chart..you did post deaths, my apologies).which even though wrong data, cant find anywhere where cases have even spiked a second time except Lousiina, and that is due to New Orleans being so hard hit tight after Mardi Gras. 

7 minutes ago, meazza said:

That being said, yes the death rate in places already hit has gone down significantly.  

Sigh, That's not the point I was making, at all. 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Here's May:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-26/italy-says-96-of-virus-fatalities-suffered-from-other-illnesses

Can't find a newer one. If you can post it. 

My point stands, it's an overinflated fake pandemic. I lived near a Covid testing center in a hospital in the height of this joke and it was it was always empty

31 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Sigh, That's not the point I was making, at all. 

what is your point then?

9 minutes ago, BillsToast said:

Here's May:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-26/italy-says-96-of-virus-fatalities-suffered-from-other-illnesses

Can't find a newer one. If you can post it. 

My point stands, it's an overinflated fake pandemic. I lived near a Covid testing center in a hospital in the height of this joke and it was it was always empty

its not fake..overinflated i agree. And yes, most people who die from it have at least on comorbidity..and generally much older.That being said, Covid may still have had a role in their death, and as harsh as it sounds may have just pushed forward by 3 or 4 months those that were likely to occur anyway.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

what is your point then?

its not fake..overinflated i agree. And yes, most people who die from it have at least on comorbidity..and generally much older.That being said, Covid may still have had a role in their death, and as harsh as it sounds may have just pushed forward by 3 or 4 months those that were likely to occur anyway.

I meant a fake pandemic, not that it's fake in itself. It's real, it's just not a Pandemic like the movie. It does lead to death if you have the right biomarkers. Pandemic is a marketing term for this, it's not a real pandemic in extent, only in reach. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BillsToast said:

I meant a fake pandemic, not that it's fake in itself. It's real, it's just not a Pandemic like the movie. It does lead to death if you have the right biomarkers. Pandemic is a marketing term for this, it's not a real pandemic in extent, only in reach. 

Pandemic is determined by the numbers. We have an excess of deaths well above the pandemic threshold ergo pandemic. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillStime said:

Wait.  Didn't you just say these bureaucrats are all puppets doing Trumps bidding?  You've been blaming Trump for downplaying the virus and I told you Fauci was also "downplaying" (telling the truth) about the virus on March 9th as proof that perhaps this virus was absolutely not the threat the Left desperately wants you to believe it is and this is what you said:

4 hours ago, BillStime said:

Yup - who controls the script?

This guy:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f298df45ab7f9d00109b0

So Redfield is an independent expert opinon here under unfair attack from POTUS (who you, when convenient, want to claim he pulls all the strings) but Fauci in March was not an independent expert. 

The book on "How the CIA, China, and the far Left used Covid to try to take out Trumpism....and failed" is going to be the highest selling book in human history.  

Correct folks.  The FBI tried to take this man down (Obamagate).  But noooo.......in no way is it possible the Intelligence Community who would love boots on the ground everywhere, endless wars, and has been listening to Trumpn and his people criticize and buck them for over a decade....no in no way shape or form would they love to see him gone.  Nope.  Not possible.....