The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He wanted to open everything up in the face of the pandemic. It would have been a disaster. You people just rewrite history in your brains the way Orwell had Big Brother doing it. You people are intellectually dead for Trump. Ya, he is a total F up. 

Never should have locked down to begin with. 
Sweden...

but otherwise...he was correct about covid being the new Dem hoax. Look at you NPC frothing at the mouth. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bakin said:

Never should have locked down to begin with. 
Sweden...

but otherwise...he was correct about covid being the new Dem hoax. Look at you NPC frothing at the mouth. 

Exactly, and it would have been way worse. Not locking down would have been a disaster. Thanks 

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

...what is the NET percentage of Covid-19 deaths after subtracting our elderly, preexisting conditions (ie. the higher risk categories), auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, gun shot wounds et al??.....perhaps 30-35% of the total deaths?......you're pretty keyed in on Covid-19 analysis.....what is your assessment?.....

46 minutes ago, BillsToast said:

Proof? NADA

States that lock-down harder had worse cases. 

CDC shows that lock-downs have done little to nothing. E.g. NYC

I know, there's no proof to what would have happened had Trump packed the churches and opened the schools because he couldn't. Great point. You are a Trumper! Making childish points. 

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I know, there's no proof to what would have happened had Trump packed the churches and opened the schools because he couldn't. Great point. You are a Trumper! Making childish points. 

The President does not have the constitutional authority to either pack a church, or not pack a church.

• Like (+1) 1

Trump (on the presser) said all 13850 certified nursing homes all have the rapid response testing.

Since NYS is now mandating a COVID test for visitors to nursing homes, I wonder if visitors can utilize this too?  My father's nursing home got shutdown due to an agency person who came in testing positive for COVID (not regular staff, residents, or the visitors). My mother has to figure out how to get a test so she can see my father again when they reopen (now at 14 days though instead of 28 days).  Will she have to be tested weekly? Looks like.

</snip>

State Department of Health Commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker today announced nursing homes in New York will be allowed to resume limited visitations for facilities that have been without COVID-19 for at least 14 days, a revision to the 28 day guidelines previously set by the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. This updated guidance will allow eligible visitation in approximately 500 of the state's 613 nursing homes.

</snip>

These guidelines, which go into effect Thursday, September 17 require visitors to present a verified negative test result within the last seven days. Visitation must be refused by the facility if the individual fails to present a negative test result, exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms, or does not pass screening questions. The number of visitors to the nursing home must not exceed ten percent of the resident census at any time and only two visitors will be allowed per resident at any one time. Visitors must undergo temperature checks, wear face coverings and socially distance during the visit and visitors under the age 18 are prohibited. Nursing Homes accepting visitors will be required to send their visitation plan to NYSDOH and affirmatively attest that they are following the guidance outlined here

</snip>

Trump just held up the plan for vaccine distribution. (57 page document, sent to every state.)
The high risk people get it first, as well as first responders and people working in health care. (following pandemic protocol) Will be available to the general public.
Looking at October or November for distribution. (I "think" was said) Now the Scott Atlas -guy said no later than January. 700M doses

There are pdfs on the site:

Trump Administration Releases COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Strategy

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Department of Defense (DoD) today released two documents outlining the Trump Administration’s detailed strategy to deliver safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine doses to the American people as quickly and reliably as possible.

The documents, developed by HHS in coordination with DoD and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), provide a strategic distribution overview along with an interim playbook for state, tribal, territorial, and local public health programs and their partners on how to plan and operationalize a vaccination response to COVID-19 within their respective jurisdictions.

</snip>

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, BillsToast said:

Proof? NADA

States that lock-down harder had worse cases. 

CDC shows that lock-downs have done little to nothing. E.g. NYC

NYC is a terrible example. Covid hit the most densely packed city in America before we had any idea how to treat or distance. The NE cities of Philly, Boston and NYC are tough to compare with Houston. Better comparisons are with CA cities that locked down and Southern big cities. 

CDC director suggests face masks offer more COVID-19 protection than vaccine would

Loading video

CDC director Robert Redfield suggested in a Senate Appropriations subcommittee hearing on Wednesday that face masks are "more guaranteed" to protect against the coronavirus than a vaccine, citing the potential for some people to not become immune to the virus

https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-coronavirus-rebounds-europe-rejects-new-lockdowns-11600251871?st=jhgd9w9ncpzqxvl&reflink=article_copyURL_share

Reading some of the comments from European leaders here, you’d think they became maga freaks.  Macron said that policy makers decide what policy is not scientists.  How dare he !!!

18 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Bastard - 200,000 CANCELED Americans - go to hell Dick

You don’t really care about any of the dead Americans you just want to make a political point. 

As noted in the WSJ article I posted, Europe is now starting to reach American levels . 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, meazza said:

You don’t really care about any of the dead Americans you just want to make a political point. 

As noted in the WSJ article I posted, Europe is now starting to reach American levels . 

You don’t care about American deaths as we know you are giving QTrump four more years.

And what do Europe’s collective death rate mean anything to dead Americans? We are on the wrong end of the death spectrum you dumbass

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Trump Hating morons are out in force. What has he done since? Obviously Nathan Lerner hasn't been paying much attention.  Hey Nathan....turn off CNN and join the rest of us out here pulling on the wagon!

If low case and death counts and how they were achieved is how the leftists in this country want to evaluate a nation's "performance" (and thus the leader they elected to stop viruses in their tracks) then let's do just that.

Let's take these 2 examples and their "data."  Similar numbers.  Completely different responses.  

Example A:  

10 Million people 

126,000 cases

7,000 deaths

695 deaths per million 

Example B:

10 million people 

87,000 cases

6,000 deaths 

579 deaths per million

One of these 2 locked down and issued every decree under the sun that claims to be in the name of public health with scientific backing....of course.  

The other did virtually nothing.  No national anything.  Open.  Schools are open.  People make their own choices.  

A is Michigan.  

B is Sweden.  

Now the Left (shockingly), with a complete and total lacking in understanding of Federalism, wants the President of the United States to be just like Michigan. 

Trump has been Sweden.  

So you tell us.....libs.....which country and their supreme leaders and their command of zoological viruses, did this right? 

The Governors that responded like mini Hitlers are the disasters and the ones that have failed.  

See you can moronically count cases and deaths as the sole measures of success or failure.  But you really cant splash on CNN the amount of psychological, societal, and developmental damage you have done to the population.  Oh but there is data on the economic devastation you've caused.  And the mass exodus from your now exposed as dumps Blue States have shown the sane exactly why they should never move to those holes.  Trump and Governor's like DeSantis and Noem have exposed this.

So it's a simple question.  Sweden or Michigan? 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You don’t care about American deaths as we know you are giving QTrump four more years.

And what do Europe’s collective death rate mean anything to dead Americans? We are on the wrong end of the death spectrum you dumbass

I know that you must be busy posting spam for the dnc in multiple forums and on twitter to read users actual posts but I am a Canadian therefore I have no ability to vote for trump whether i wanted to or not.

That being said, the data shows that even European countries that aren’t run by orange men are having the same result as the US or Canada for that matter.  Finding someone to blame (aside from China) means you don’t care about anything but politics and collecting that cool chèque from the dnc.

Vote Harris-Biden 2020

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...what is the NET percentage of Covid-19 deaths after subtracting our elderly, preexisting conditions (ie. the higher risk categories), auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, gun shot wounds et al??.....perhaps 30-35% of the total deaths?......you're pretty keyed in on Covid-19 analysis.....what is your assessment?.....

CDC said 8.4%

9 hours ago, shoshin said:

NYC is a terrible example. Covid hit the most densely packed city in America before we had any idea how to treat or distance. The NE cities of Philly, Boston and NYC are tough to compare with Houston. Better comparisons are with CA cities that locked down and Southern big cities. 

So we have to dismiss the largest sample size with the most death with the city that complied the hardest with the lock-down? 

Selective sampling is a hard test. 

Personally the whole Covid thing is a political hit-job. The amount of deaths it caused is minuscule in comparison to the life it took from the lock-downs from lack of cancer screenings, other testing, suicides, poverty which will lead to crime, divorce, etc.. I also believe the CDC numbers of 6% of people who directly died is accurate, as well as the additional 2.4% so a 8.4% of deaths. 

So far it's proven less fatal than the flu if the CDC #s are accurate. If they aren't and it's a "pandemic" why don't I know anyone who's died from it? Why don't I have 1 friend, relative, or acquaintance that has? I do however have friends who died from long-term pneumonia who they labeled Covid after he died, same with another guy who died of a heart-attack with heart issues. 

If COVID deaths are so accurate why are they doing this? Because EVERYTHING in a political year is political. 

10 hours ago, Tiberius said:

CDC director suggests face masks offer more COVID-19 protection than vaccine would

Loading video

CDC director Robert Redfield suggested in a Senate Appropriations subcommittee hearing on Wednesday that face masks are "more guaranteed" to protect against the coronavirus than a vaccine, citing the potential for some people to not become immune to the virus

you mean this guy? Glad to know science on infectious disease has changed so dramatically in 6 months

and , also  this from August 

But now, magically, the masks is more effective than a vaccine prtecting ne from the viru

Just to be clear we have gone from 

No Masks

to

Masks to protect you from me..no protection for me

to

Masks will absolutely protect me from getting the virus.

Really is a shame fellow Never Trumpers are falling for this sham..i talk to more and more people ever day with my beliefs that are starting to lean towards voting Trump over this mess. If the press and " scientists" and politicians will lie and mislead with millions of lives and livelihoods at stake to push a political agenda, i sure as poop know they lie about anything

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

you mean this guy? Glad to know science on infectious disease has changed so dramatically in 6 months

and , also  this from August 

But now, magically, the masks is more effective than a vaccine prtecting ne from the viru

Just to be clear we have gone from 

No Masks

to

Masks to protect you from me..no protection for me

to

Masks will absolutely protect me from getting the virus.

Really is a shame fellow Never Trumpers are falling for this sham..i talk to more and more people ever day with my beliefs that are starting to lean towards voting Trump over this mess. If the press and " scientists" and politicians will lie and mislead with millions of lives and livelihoods at stake to push a political agenda, i sure as poop know they lie about anything

You live you learn. New virus they are learning as we go. That’s science. That’s how it works. 

Just now, Tiberius said:

wtf does that have anything to do with 180 on masks? Do you really believe the science of infectious disease  was in the dark ages and we have just magically found out how they spread in the last 6 months? Are you really that gullible?

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

wtf does that have anything to do with 180 on masks? Do you really believe the science of infectious disease  was in the dark ages and we have just magically found out how they spread in the last 6 months? Are you really that gullible?

You learn you change. Not sure what's wrong with that 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You learn you change. Not sure what's wrong with that 

Let me get this straight. 

Covid is an airborne contagious respiratory illness correct? So is influenza correct? 

Fauci and Redfield..supposedly the smartest braintrust when it comes to infectious, contagious disease..both said "no" when asked if masks were at all effective in March against infectious disease.

Both then said "wear masks to stop the spread from me to you, they are not effective in preventing you from catching the virus"..correct? Redfield said this as late August 25th.

Now Redield says "wear masks as they are more effective than a vaccine will be in protecting you from the virus"

So either these guys were quacks and frauds and should not have been in their jobs in the first place...or  they are pandering to masses. 

And/Or

You are telling me the science of contagious diseases before March of 2020 is all junk, throw it all out..its all garbage.

Which is it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

If you want to know what the scientific community stance on masks truly is, you need to read the literature published pre 2020. If you do, you'll find a very mixed bag. In other words there was no settled consensus. All this mask nonsense back and forth over the past 6 months is pure politics. 

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You want to know the best part? Masks are never going away, ever.  If anyone tells you otherwise, they are lying to themselves. 

Just wait until we make it thru this upcoming flu season.  The precipitous drop in deaths will be hailed as an amazing win for the planet, while the real reasons will not be discussed (culling the herd ahead of time with covaids).

Most rigged election in history.  

Biggest sham of all time. 

Hey....remember when they insisted DeSantis was fudging numbers to make him look good?

Turns out these warped lunatics get good data and don't want you to know.  This is probably happening in every Democrat city and State.  In order to rig the election:

COVID-19 emails from Nashville mayor's office show disturbing revelation

The coronavirus cases on lower Broadway may have been so low that the mayor’s office and the Metro Health Department decided to keep it secret.

Emails between the mayor’s senior advisor and the health department reveal only a partial picture. But what they reveal is disturbing.

The discussion involves the low number of coronavirus cases emerging from bars and restaurants and how to handle that.

And most disturbingly, how to keep it from the public.

On June 30th, contact tracing was given a small view of coronavirus clusters. Construction and nursing homes were found to be causing problems with more than a thousand cases traced to each category, but bars and restaurants reported just 22 cases.

Leslie Waller from the health department asks, “This isn’t going to be publicly released, right? Just info for Mayor’s Office?"

“Correct, not for public consumption,” writes senior advisor Benjamin Eagles.

A month later, the health department was asked point blank about the rumor there are only 80 cases traced to bars and restaurants.

Tennessean reporter Nate Rau asks, “The figure you gave of 'more than 80' does lead to a natural question: If there have been over 20,000 positive cases of COVID-19 in Davidson and only 80 or so are traced to restaurants and bars, doesn’t that mean restaurants and bars aren’t a very big problem?"

Health department official Brian Todd asked five health department officials, "Please advise how you recommend I respond. "

The name at the top of the response is clipped off but you may find the answer unacceptable.

“My two cents. We have certainly refused to give counts per bar because those numbers are low per site.

We could still release the total though, and then a response to the over 80 could be because that number is increasing all the time and we don’t want to say a specific number."

Neither the health department nor the mayor’s office would confirm the authenticity of the emails but councilmember Steve Glover had a Metro staff attorney inquire. Here’s the official answer:

“I was able to get verification from the Mayor’s Office and the Department of Health that these emails are real,” the staff attorney answered.

Glover says this is Metro Nashville orchestrating a cover up.

"They are fabricating information," Glover said. "They’ve blown there entire credibility Dennis. Its gone, I don’t trust a thing they say going forward ...nothing."

https://fox17.com/news/local/covid-19-emails-from-nashville-mayors-office-show-disturbing-revelation

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Let me get this straight. 

Covid is an airborne contagious respiratory illness correct? So is influenza correct? 

Fauci and Redfield..supposedly the smartest braintrust when it comes to infectious, contagious disease..both said "no" when asked if masks were at all effective in March against infectious disease.

Both then said "wear masks to stop the spread from me to you, they are not effective in preventing you from catching the virus"..correct? Redfield said this as late August 25th.

Now Redield says "wear masks as they are more effective than a vaccine will be in protecting you from the virus"

So either these guys were quacks and frauds and should not have been in their jobs in the first place...or  they are pandering to masses. 

And/Or

You are telling me the science of contagious diseases before March of 2020 is all junk, throw it all out..its all garbage.

Which is it

Now they say wear them. What's so hard about that? They have been wearing them for months. You learn and act on that. 

You think they are lying or just confused? 

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Most rigged election in history.  

Biggest sham of all time. 

Hey....remember when they insisted DeSantis was fudging numbers to make him look good?

Turns out these warped lunatics get good data and don't want you to know.  This is probably happening in every Democrat city and State.  In order to rig the election:

COVID-19 emails from Nashville mayor's office show disturbing revelation

The coronavirus cases on lower Broadway may have been so low that the mayor’s office and the Metro Health Department decided to keep it secret.

Emails between the mayor’s senior advisor and the health department reveal only a partial picture. But what they reveal is disturbing.

The discussion involves the low number of coronavirus cases emerging from bars and restaurants and how to handle that.

And most disturbingly, how to keep it from the public.

On June 30th, contact tracing was given a small view of coronavirus clusters. Construction and nursing homes were found to be causing problems with more than a thousand cases traced to each category, but bars and restaurants reported just 22 cases.

Leslie Waller from the health department asks, “This isn’t going to be publicly released, right? Just info for Mayor’s Office?"

“Correct, not for public consumption,” writes senior advisor Benjamin Eagles.

A month later, the health department was asked point blank about the rumor there are only 80 cases traced to bars and restaurants.

Tennessean reporter Nate Rau asks, “The figure you gave of 'more than 80' does lead to a natural question: If there have been over 20,000 positive cases of COVID-19 in Davidson and only 80 or so are traced to restaurants and bars, doesn’t that mean restaurants and bars aren’t a very big problem?"

Health department official Brian Todd asked five health department officials, "Please advise how you recommend I respond. "

The name at the top of the response is clipped off but you may find the answer unacceptable.

“My two cents. We have certainly refused to give counts per bar because those numbers are low per site.

We could still release the total though, and then a response to the over 80 could be because that number is increasing all the time and we don’t want to say a specific number."

Neither the health department nor the mayor’s office would confirm the authenticity of the emails but councilmember Steve Glover had a Metro staff attorney inquire. Here’s the official answer:

“I was able to get verification from the Mayor’s Office and the Department of Health that these emails are real,” the staff attorney answered.

Glover says this is Metro Nashville orchestrating a cover up.

"They are fabricating information," Glover said. "They’ve blown there entire credibility Dennis. Its gone, I don’t trust a thing they say going forward ...nothing."

https://fox17.com/news/local/covid-19-emails-from-nashville-mayors-office-show-disturbing-revelation

Already contesting an election that has not taken place. Not hard to see who is losing