The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: 

Why must you constantly lie to try to make your point. You don't even realize you're doing it, I'm sure. He was asking a question of the doctor, not instructing them to do anything. 

Again, you've moved from: He told people to "drink" bleach, to admitting he didn't. Now you're suggesting he instructed a doctor to do something he didn't. 

Your entire position is built on bullshite. And I keep showing it to you. Rather than admit that it's bullshite, you smell it and call it concrete. That doesn't make you right. It makes you wildly incorrect. 

I do not think I indicated he said patients should drink bleach.  What did he say to the government official.  Quote:  so it would be interesting to check that.  Him talking to the  guy that works for him.  And the guy then said we have people we can talk to about it, or words to that effect.

Your parsing stuff to try and defend this is laughable.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

YES!!!! I do. NOTHING is insane or stupid right about now. I want a treatment, I want a vaccine, I want a cure. I do not want to be held hostage in my own home... I want out. And, if looking into something you consider to be "completely ridiculous" is the key to a breakthrough? So be it.

Remember, at one time people scoffed at bacteria and viruses being the cause of illnesses. It is a wonder medicine has advanced at all with attitudes like "it will not work" and "completely ridiculous" and not thinking outside the box.

I can categorically state that if you started injecting disinfectants into people tomorrow, or started trying to pass UV lights into the lungs and shine them in there, you will kill people.  

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Go back and read my comments on this.  About how it is based on years and years of basic and clinical investigation,  how clinical trials are done to validate such approaches and how patients are informed of benefits and risks and such.  And even then there are the rare occasions where issues come up that were not anticipated.

You mean... kind of like Trump is asking the doctor here? 

"So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you're going to have to use medical doctors with." 

Meaning, he's saying it needs to be studied. 

Bottom line: chemo is poison, and it's being injected every day (safely) by doctors. You can't change that fact. 

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

To compare medical treatments that have gone through rigorous trials and investigations and scrutiny to throwing out half cocked ideas about injecting disinfectants, or sticking UV lights into the body is completely ridiculous.

It's MORE ridiculous to argue he said something he didn't -- which you're still doing. 

Oh, and there are plenty of UV treatments out there right now. You're wrong. Again, all the way wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

I can categorically state that if you started injecting disinfectants into people tomorrow, or started trying to pass UV lights into the lungs and shine them in there, you will kill people.  

Disingenuous much?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Your parsing stuff to try and defend this is laughable.

You're so full of it. I've literally posted the entire quote multiple times. The one who's parsing is you. Because you know your position is built on bullshite, it's being shown to you, yet you're still calling it concrete. 

Because you're not being honest. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

He doesn't. 

And you are defending Trump. 

I'm putting Trump's comments in the usual context of him mangling something he heard in his briefings.   That's his usual behavior.  There's always something true behind his ramblings, and when the fuller context is unearthed a few weeks later, there's a big yawn.

Show me where Biden is subject to the same scrutiny that Trump is.

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So the answer then would have been yes, yes we inject poisons into the body to fight disease. 

It happens every day around the world, not just in this country. 

Proven treatments to cancer happen every day under a doctors care because the treatment can kill the cancer before it kills the person. Injecting disinfectants?  Not so much.

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

NO ONE suggested doing that. Not Trump. Not the doctor. No one but KARL and the MEDIA suggested it. 

So maybe your anger is misplaced? Maybe, again, you're being led astray by a dishonest media who KNOWS you're too stupid to question them, even when they lie to your face about facts you can vet for yourself?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You're so full of it. I've literally posted the entire quote multiple times. The one who's parsing is you. Because you know your position is built on bullshite, it's being shown to you, yet you're still calling it concrete. 

Because you're not being honest. 

Words matter.  And I am not the one with an honesty problem here.

Just now, Scraps said:

Proven treatments to cancer happen every day under a doctors care because the treatment can kill the cancer before it kills the person. Injecting disinfectants?  Not so much.

Again, no one suggested the fantasy you're pushing. Not Trump. Not the doctor. Trump, in fact, was asking about clinical trials under doctor's care. 

But -- who needs facts and details when you have a talking point to push?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You mean... kind of like Trump is asking the doctor here? 

"So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you're going to have to use medical doctors with." 

Meaning, he's saying it needs to be studied. 

Bottom line: chemo is poison, and it's being injected every day (safely) by doctors. You can't change that fact. 

It's MORE ridiculous to argue he said something he didn't -- which you're still doing. 

Oh, and there are plenty of UV treatments out there right now. You're wrong. Again, all the way wrong. 

OMG that Anderson Cooper reaction is GOLD!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Words matter.  And I am not the one with an honesty problem here.

And yet -- you keep posting clipped versions of the quote and lying about what he said. 

You're wrong. 

I've proven it many times now. Yet you're still clinging to your delusion because you don't want to admit it. That's fine. But it's transparent.

very few trump supporters will even cop to admitting what he said could be construed as dangerous. You apologists would carry a lot more credibility if you didn't feel the need to defend each and every stupid thing he says. Why not own it  and admit the guy speaks without really thinking, conjectures without a stitch of proof and if not straight up lying he irresponsibly spouts rhetoric that is not factual in the guise that it is "hopeful" .......bull#### is still bull#### don't pretty it up or rationalize all he says. It's no wonder people think many trump supporters are cultish.

5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

In development at Cedars Sinai.

Or are they ridiculous, too?

I would say yes.   The issue with using this to treat the Covid issue is that the viral effects cause pulmonary fibrosis from my reading, which in turn affects the alveoli, and from the diagram shown I see no way the UV light would penetrate into the alveoli to have an effect.  I commend you for finding this, however.

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And yet -- you keep posting clipped versions of the quote and lying about what he said. 

You're wrong. 

I've proven it many times now. Yet you're still clinging to your delusion because you don't want to admit it. That's fine. But it's transparent.

calling a scientist delusional in defense of Dr Don..the irony is RICH here Wow

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You're wrong. 

You've proved nothing.  The president said something stupid yesterday.  Why can't you just admit that?

32 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I think Biden is a horrible candidate. 

Way too old, no new policies, too prone to gaffs. 

They're both junk options as President, but I think one would be less awful than the other. 

And who do you feel is worse and why? Also who would you vote for if you had the option to pull the lever for anyone and why?