The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Flashback: just two weeks ago this poster was screaming in multiple threads that "MILLIONS WOULD DIE!"

Now, we're going to be under 60k dead -- and that's proof that Trump provided no leadership? How did we get from millions dead to under 60k without it? 

Right. He can't answer. Because he's not a serious person and has been wrong on every subject for years down here. 

How?  Because the president, governors, etc. listened to the public health and infectious disease experts and got people to shelter in place and to use appropriate social distancing procedures, constant hand washing, masks, etc.  Certainly you must realize the high estimates of 1-2 miliion were if no protective measures like that were used.  I mean, you can't really be that disingenuous.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Zero leadership?  Let me ask you. Would you consider holding a press conference every day during this as leadership?  Methinks you’d not recognize leadership if it smacked you upside the head. 

I would call it campaigning. And he’s not doing a very good job. 

Please list the things that you feel he is doing well. In your own words. No less than 500 words. You must use at least 10 bullet points and at least 4 separate paragraphs. 

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

At the end of the CNN clip the FDA director agrees with the CNN medical correspondent that using disinfectants or UV light to treat a systemic infection would not work.  The picture above seems to show a localized infection where UV light is used.

Again -- you've shifted. Because you've been shown to be wrong again. 

Trump didn't tell people to inject themselves with bleach or disinfectants. He didn't tell them to drink bleach. He asked a doctor a medically relevant question about their ongoing studies. That's all that really happened. 

And -- because the media is dishonest, and aren't allies of truth, they spun it into something else entirely. 

And you fell for it. Because you're not thinking for yourself. 

Do better. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Nope. I just listened to what he said: 

"So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you're going to have to use medical doctors with." 

He's talking about trials, under medical supervision. He says it without precision, but that's what he's saying. 

Then he needs to be precise.  He is the president for God's sake.  He needs to realize his words matter.

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Dude, they're rallies.

He's a sociopath who was literally praising his ratings a few weeks ago.

When has he showed sympathy for the families who have lost loved ones or shouldered any of the blame.

His leadership has been a joke. He's the laughing stock of the world right now. 

"MILLIONS ARE GOING TO DIE!"

(looks around -- millions haven't died)

"TRUMP COULD HAVE KILLED MILLIONS!"

:lol: 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Again -- you've shifted. Because you've been shown to be wrong again. 

Trump didn't tell people to inject themselves with bleach or disinfectants. He didn't tell them to drink bleach. He asked a doctor a medically relevant question about their ongoing studies. That's all that really happened. 

And -- because the media is dishonest, and aren't allies of truth, they spun it into something else entirely. 

And you fell for it. Because you're not thinking for yourself. 

Do better. 

I watch what is actually said.  That is what the FDA director actually said.  I watched the president and heard exactly what he said.   You have to try and twist his narrative into something.  I don't.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

YES!!!! I do. NOTHING is insane or stupid right about now. I want a treatment, I want a vaccine, I want a cure. I do not want to be held hostage in my own home... I want out. And, if looking into something you consider to be "completely ridiculous" is the key to a breakthrough? So be it.

Remember, at one time people scoffed at bacteria and viruses being the cause of illnesses. It is a wonder medicine has advanced at all with attitudes like "it will not work" and "completely ridiculous" and not thinking outside the box.

Are you sure your life is better now than it was four years ago?

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Then he needs to be precise.  He is the president for God's sake.  He needs to realize his words matter.

He's NEVER been precise. That's not a strength. Words DO matter, more so when one is imprecise. You have to carefully interpret them, that's not what the media has done. They've intentionally twisted it into something that sounds dangerous to make you and others afraid. 

You're helping that cause by the way. 

Do better. 

Just now, oldmanfan said:

I watch what is actually said.  That is what the FDA director actually said.  I watched the president and heard exactly what he said.   You have to try and twist his narrative into something.  I don't.

You've literally been twisting the narrative all morning. I've pointed out the times you've done it. 

Stop being dishonest and just face it. You got had by a dishonest media spinning a non story.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Dude, they're rallies.

He's a sociopath who was literally praising his ratings a few weeks ago.

When has he showed sympathy for the families who have lost loved ones or shouldered any of the blame.

His leadership has been a joke. He's the laughing stock of the world right now. 

I got it. So you have no idea what leadership is. It’s not your fault. You’re just used to what has come from our “leaders” our of Washington the past decade or longer. Who is your Senator? Congressional representative?  How have they led?  One of my Senators was running for President not too long ago. I’ve not heard much from her recently.  I’ve not heard from the other in a long time. She could be ***** dead for all I know. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

I would call it campaigning. And he’s not doing a very good job. 

Please list the things that you feel he is doing well. In your own words. No less than 500 words. You must use at least 10 bullet points and at least 4 separate paragraphs. 

He’s putting himself out there every ***** day. Answering questions. That is leadership. Again it’s not your fault you don’t recognize it. We’ve had very little semblance of leadership from Washington in a long time. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ~Kostabi~ said:

triggered much? 

You mean like this:

21 minutes ago, ~Kostabi~ said:

very few trump supporters will even cop to admitting what he said could be construed as dangerous. You apologists would carry a lot more credibility if you didn't feel the need to defend each and every stupid thing he says. Why not own it  and admit the guy speaks without really thinking, conjectures without a stitch of proof and if not straight up lying he irresponsibly spouts rhetoric that is not factual in the guise that it is "hopeful" .......bull#### is still bull#### don't pretty it up or rationalize all he says. It's no wonder people think many trump supporters are cultish.

Do you need a tissue? Maybe a hug? A safe space to retreat to?

Or, I could recommend a good therapist in your area if you wish?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Chef Jim said:

He’s putting himself out there every ***** day. Answering questions. That is leadership. Again it’s not your fault you don’t recognize it. We’ve very little semblance of leadership from Washington in a long time. 

500 words please. 

2 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

If this moron told you to eat dog ***** because it could kill the virus, you clowns would find a way say it could work and likely run out and buy a dog. 

What did he tell people to do that you’ve been harping in the past few days that your analogy works with?

2 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Just saw on the news ticker that Trump now says he mentioned it “sarcastically.”  ????

Ok, people defending him, does that change anything you have said? 

He wasn’t being sarcastic and he’s an idiot for telling us it was sarcasm. I would have rather he said “hey I was just throwing ***** out there”. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

The president referred to injecting disinfectants.  When he said disinfectants, what exactly do you think he was referring to?  Or because he did not specifically name a specific disinfectant it is somehow wrong to question the guy presenting the study about it?   You do realize that two very common disinfectants are bleach and Lysol?  And while we're at it, exactly how would one get UV light inside the body?

These are things he said. Like it or not.  And the press is supposed to not ask questions about it?  Why can't you just admit that what was said by the president yesterday was dumb?

I think he likely meant antivirals and used the wrong word. Not uncommon for a layperson.