By Madeline Farber | Fox News

Facebook

Twitter

Flipboard

Comments

Print

Email

Potential link between coronavirus and inflammatory syndrome in children

Reaction and analysis from Dr. Roberta Debiasi, Division Chief of Pediatric Infectious Diseases at Children's National Hospital, on ‘America’s News HQ.’

As cases of the novel coronavirus continue to surge in Arizona, the state has also reported seeing a rare but serious inflammatory condition in children that experts think is likely linked to COVID-19.

Banner Health in Pheonix has reported cases of multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C), The Arizona Republic reported, adding that cases have also been identified in Tucson.

NEBRASKA SEES FIRST CASES OF RARE CORONAVIRUS-LINKED INFLAMMATORY SYNDROME IN KIDS

"All of the pediatric centers around the state are on the lookout for anything that looks like this MIS-C," Dr. David Moromisato, the chief medical officer for Banner Desert and Cardon Children's medical centers, told the outlet. 

MIS-C is an inflammatory condition that is similar to Kawasaki disease, which causes swelling in arteries throughout the body. However, the two conditions are not the same, and MIS-C has largely been reported in children who have been infected with or exposed to COVID-19.

MIS-C typically causes inflammation in the heart, lungs, kidneys, brain, skin, eyes or gastrointestinal organs. MIS-C can also cause persistent fever, rashes, vomiting and diarrhea, among other symptoms such as a red tongue and eyes.

"We are seeing it from an epidemiological standpoint in areas where COVID hits hard, and then four to six weeks later we see this inflammatory syndrome show up in children," said Dr. Josh Koch, division chief of pediatric critical care medicine at Phoenix Children's Hospital.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/arizona-sees-cases-of-coronavirus-linked-inflammatory-condition-in-children

4 days old like I said going to post it later.

Miss you DR if reading this. Wish you were still here buddy. You're a good guy. Enjoyed you here man. Sucks got banned . :( 

• Like (+1) 2

Interesting graph from the CDC. The double black line shows a seasonal "normal" line for a combination of deaths from Covid, Influenza, and Pneumonia. The red line is the actual that we have seen with the obvious peak we hit weeks 15 to 18 2020. But look at the mortality decent almost back to what would be a normal seasonal line again. 

I know, I know, we are seeing more infections.... But honestly, as long as the death rate gets back to normal, we are in good shape. STOP looking at the increase on cases!

This graph shows pneumonia and influenza (P&I) mortality data provided to CDC by the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) Mortality Reporting System.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Facts don't matter... these guys will never ever acknowledge or shed negative light on the Trump admin.

Facts don't matter...these guys will never ever acknowledge or shed positive light on the Trump admin.

28 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Not sure where you live but is Donnie your Governor?

They get their talking points on the news. I was flipping through cable news today and NBC and MSNBC was all covid, all the time. All "rising cases!" with no context or by how many, how many people tested, how many were asymptomatic, etc.  It was crazy.  I guess the rioting and looting wasn't polling well. ?‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

It's not being widely discussed but the real reason that deaths are way down is that people are now being treated more effectively and earlier with things like hydroxychloroquine with zinc and other therapeutics.  Treatment strategies are improving all the time.   I'm sure many on this board would agree with me.

• Like (+1) 4

I am being warned by my federal govt worker brother in law that Orlando is in for a world of hurt due to opening too soon, his only issue is explaining why we have so few deaths, so few hospitalizations, and why the spike is bad for us but will not happen when they reopen.

15 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

It's not being widely discussed but the real reason that deaths are way down is that people are now being treated more effectively and earlier with things like hydroxychloroquine with zinc and other therapeutics.  Treatment strategies are improving all the time.   I'm sure many on this board would agree with me.

Or call you a Trumphole or something. 

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

Its almost like that's how actual science and medical practice works in the face of a novel threat. Incrementally, with sharing of data and proper vetting that eventually leads to a new standard of care. 

More than anything, this pandemic is shining a beacon on our absolutely awful level of understanding in this country of how real actual science works.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 2

Breaking news!!

Did you know the FDA just approved a drug that reduces your chance of getting COVID-19 by 5X? 

It’s trade name is called Wearamaskasshole.

Side effects include mild inconvienience, possible victim complex, fear of people thinking you are a sheeple, being ostracized by your anti-vax plandemic bros, and the power to stop your own asymptomatic transmission as this country stubbornly dives right on into that second wave.

Check with your doctor, or really anyone, to see if Wearamaskasshole is right for you!

30 minutes ago, Magox said:

Gottlieb is a bit of a sensationalist.  Makes sense, he’s interviewed by all the mainstream outlets and the mainstream outlets are ghoulish and he knows what their viewers want.

Critical 10x assumption may be invalid with more  testing.

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Breaking news!!

Did you know the FDA just approved a drug that reduces your chance of getting COVID-19 by 5X? 

Side effects include mild inconvienience, possible victim complex, fear of people thinking you are a sheeple, being ostracized by your anti-vax plandemic bros, and the power to stop your own asymptomatic transmission as this country stubbornly dives right on into that second wave.

Check with your doctor, or really anyone, to see if Wearamaskasshole is right for you!

I checked with several high ranking medical and government officials from two months ago, they all said not to wear a mask. They then said, “who knows, we’ll probably lie about it to give people false senses of security and a belief that we have any idea how to do anything but shove our heads up our asses. And ya know what: they’re so gullible it might just work.” 

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Breaking news!!

Have you ever had an original thought/idea in your life? 

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Just as many as you

I rest my case Peewee. 

7 minutes ago, meazza said:

Legend says that every new thread that is started removes one year from your life.

So DR wasn’t suspended?  He died??  ?

21 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I rest my case Peewee. 

So DR wasn’t suspended?  He died??  ?

RIP DR.  His last words, 'If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you could ever imagine'.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Hey bro - it’s Friday - cheer up

Couldn’t be happier. BillStime is posting memes for the 573rd time and he’s throwing out “I know you are but what am I?” comebacks so all is right in the world. ??

Just now, meazza said:

RIP DR.  His last words, 'If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you could ever imagine'.

I thought they were “the pen is mightier than the sword but my Glock will blow your ***** brains out!” 

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Guys, you've been had. DR did not get banned. He was doing a rewrite of Cocoon and well, sorta got swept up in the story. 

Ah well.  I managed to raise 10m for his legal defense fund.

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, meazza said:

Cannot wait for DR to come back. Not many people understand me. Hell  notmany people did. Drunk saying this.  I love DR here. People don't wanna know been thru. Conservative's hell  best friend one over certain people nowdays (LOVE CONSERATIVE).  Friend on mine came over conserative made him dinner and stuff.I love DR. Kept it real. 

DR cannot wait for you to come back. Miss you badly man. Went thru awful crap I might be drunk cannot wait for you to come back, kept this place real. You'ree a good guy. Love Meazze post among others, they kept things real. Cannot wait to have you back man. Miss you BADLY!

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Couldn’t be happier. BillStime is posting memes for the 573rd time and he’s throwing out “I know you are but what am I?” comebacks so all is right in the world. ??

I thought they were “the pen is mightier than the sword but my Glock will blow your ***** brains out!” 

Hate to break it to you but you don’t add much 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Why don’t you start it, that way if it hurts your feelings you can delete it!

Right agree. Warren can face me, I care about DR. I lost everything to my life to everything. I care about DR. Warren you can face me IDC. I care about DR.

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Hate to break it to you but you don’t add much 

You don't neither, you're damn useless.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Right agree. Warren can face me, I care about DR. I lost everything to my life to everything. I care about DR. Warren you can face me IDC. I care about DR.

You don't neither, you're damn useless.

Yea bro? Just enough for you to respond, eh?

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Yea bro? Just enough for you to respond, eh?

Don't wanna knlw the hell I went thru, raped, lost might be couple kids, among many things. IDC who wants to damn know. DR treated me like a person. Living in a disabalities life sucks. Lost more then than you. Whatever people tell me here IDGAF.

DR always been there I respeected him.

I DON"T give a a crap about you since never give a damn crap besides you ANYWAYS,

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1